• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Resolved Town regions not auto-adding new townmembers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Not sure if this is my issue, if I'm typing the wrong command, or if we've not done something correctly.

We got a new member, added him to town using /town invite +(username)
Once added, he was unable to break blocks. We asked him to relog, but he still couldn't.

We tried to reclaim the town in case we forgot, it's already been claimed.
I tried to use /town region add Mith (username) though I think this command is for sub regions?
I tried to use /town region info Mith this also didn't work.

EDIT BY GABIZOU:
Above issue of reclaiming has been fixed as of last night.

And to answer the question for this thread: Townships has never intended to automatically grant region access to the entire town region due to the simple request to facilitate easier region protections for Towns as they expand. The current set up allows you to make sub regions and add members to those regions and likewise, add managers (who can add other players to the sub region without a Town check), and add owners (who can make more sub region and add managers). Given this, I believe it's very easy to enforce a multitude of region setups for various towns who wish to control access to entire swaths of their town or have a care free town region granting complete access to areas regardless of town rank.

Because, here's my reasoning: Townships automatically removes inactive citizens. Given that, I don't wish for Townships to automatically remove players from all regions within the town in the event they come back from an extended vacation and such. Also, having said that, there are more than enough resources for you to add sub region membership to new players with one command. Granted, it now takes two commands to give access to someone, but this is ultimately secure and reduces the plausibility of town theft (if used correctly).

Last edited by a moderator:

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
The township plugin is not supposed to automatically add people to regions.
If it did having sub-regions would be completely pointless.
Reason being the sub-regions are children of the main town region. Meaning that everyone on the main region would also be added to the child-region making sectioning off areas using sub-regions would serve no purpose.

Back on topic of how to add someone. Mith has not reclaimed it's regions and needs to do so before new players can be added. If you're having issues reclaiming post what happens here and we'll look into it.
@Barnubus

Last edited:

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
You just stand in the center of Mith and say /town reclaim, yes?
@Iseradore and I have both tried it.

Thanks for coming to our town to check it out!

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
You just stand in the center of Mith and say /town reclaim, yes?
@Iseradore and I have both tried it.

Thanks for coming to our town to check it out!

You have to be a manager or owner to reclaim it. Plus if you were a manager before the plugin was added you need re-added to the town and promoted again from the owner. Same happened to us at Demonswood.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
You have to be a manager or owner to reclaim it. Plus if you were a manager before the plugin was added you need re-added to the town and promoted again from the owner. Same happened to us at Demonswood.
We're experiencing some issues with their town and are looking into fixing it.
It's not an issue with them failing to reclaim they're unable to do so.

joeyjojo60

Soulsand
i am having the same problem and i dont know if it is because i am successor? dont i get the same permissions as a manager?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
i am having the same problem and i dont know if it is because i am successor? dont i get the same permissions as a manager?
It's nothing to do with what rank you are. Even I as an admin get the same error it's an issue with the plugin.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Tagging Gabi isn't going to speed things up when I've already said we're working on it.
Just be a little patient, we're fixing this as fast as we can.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
OK! I'm semi back, been rather busy week, so, give me some time to catch up. I know about Townships' regions not working, i'm looking into that (though quite honestly, i'm baffled it's broken atm).

Pietro011

Legacy Supporter 9
Tagging Gabi isn't going to speed things up when I've already said we're working on it.
Just be a little patient, we're fixing this as fast as we can.

I know danda. I just thought I'd tag him anyways so he knows it's all of us. Even if it may be a given xD

Status
Not open for further replies.