• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Town looks

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
This suggestion is simple allocate HC architects to help towns design. When I first joined HC midway through zeal I was amazed by the brilliant and beautiful builds and the current towns leave a lot to be desired compared to them... except for Volantis, Drakenvale etc.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
Drakenvale is one of the most beautiful builds I have ever seen. Felt bad for trying to raid it.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I think a new title of Lesser Architect could be granted to those wiling to help design and make build changes alongside the town members who need help, and the Lesser Architect could be granted town perms by mayors safely as a lower staff position, they would not dare to abuse their temporary perms.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I really hate the towns that make a circle right on their regions and then build a roof. This is why we should have 4-5 nations that are pre built and you choose one. (might make a suggestion about that)

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
Since there's only a few Architects (possibly 15ish maximum) that are active, I'm not too sure they'd be that interested in helping out with town designs, as it would be quite a big project to undertake considering we've got lots of other ongoing projects, but I'd definitely recommend trying to get an Architect to become one of your citizens! The towns that look fantastic have Architects in them, Volantis alone has 3 architects and a senior architect (myself included!)

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
We all know that Thunderbluff is the best build on the server.

Thunderbluff, you guys built 20 - 30 high walls with a glass dome around your region.... honestly I don't see why you should be able to do that. It makes attempting to raid or pvp against towns pointless.

To the original topic.... I agree with Galaxial if a town needs help then they should try to recruit people who are architects or good at building. I do agree that the people who basically build boxes are kind of annoying/arrogant but I don't see why a town has to be perfect. I don't see why architects would have to be allocated to help build towns. I think a town should be able to build on its own terms and not what a person with the title of "architect" says or thinks.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I hate towns like Thunderbluff because pvp is an element of the server and they block it with circle walls and a glass roof... now I'm not going to complain about towns like Volantis because atleast they go out to their swamp and always come back with tons of people even though I hate that its just one building
I would really like it if towns can't just be one building of a wall with a roof over it, many people on the server say that they want more pvp and that it is dying, well here is a reason why
It would be nice if towns atleast looked nice but I don't think they need to make a special staff position dedicated just for that

Xhazed

Portal
BRING BACK THE RULE WHERE NO ROOOFED TOWNS WERENT ALLOWD. On the other hand yea i hate how ugly most of the towns are including mines

zjacob1

Gold
At some point, some players asked me to help design their town, and I have to say I really dislike it when the first thing people do is flatten the entire area for miles around. I mean, part of real-life architects get their inspiration from the landscape, and frankly, I've come across some beautiful landscapes in minecraft. Also, I was wondering, is their a rule against underground and/or hanging, floating, underwater towns?

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
At some point, some players asked me to help design their town, and I have to say I really dislike it when the first thing people do is flatten the entire area for miles around. I mean, part of real-life architects get their inspiration from the landscape, and frankly, I've come across some beautiful landscapes in minecraft. Also, I was wondering, is their a rule against underground and/or hanging, floating, underwater towns?
against floating towns, yes

RagingDragon5

Portal
Volantis building design was built by 1 person, and that was the mayor. Most mayors don't want people building random stuff because they have a design already. Having an architect coming in won't make a difference because they don't know exactly what the mayor wants and if they make something the mayor doesn't like it would be waste of resources and time.

Last edited:

RagingDragon5

Portal
Anyways, It's up to the mayors on how they want their town to be. Most pvp oriented towns don't really care about design. There is really nothing that can be done abouthow a mayor want their town to look like.