• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Town Alignments, Living the lie.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
How am I being an asshole? Im discussing things with you. Im just curious about this fatuation with rating all the posts I make, I guess it is necessary.
Your passive aggressive nature. I'm trying to discuss things as well, but you and your hooligan friend make it near impossible.

Glacial_Reign

Portal
Not when Im giving you points that need to be thought about and not just shot down at first glance about your 'rules' in LO

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Not when Im giving you points that need to be thought about and not just shot down at first glance about your 'rules' in LO
I don't understand what you mean. Of your intelligible comments, I've provided reasonable responses. What "rules" do you speak of?

Glacial_Reign

Portal
We had a discussion in graveyard that as LO the rules are you guys dont go around killing new players to the servers and or camp graveyards but its the exact opposite of what you guys do. Camped Mineris noobs all the time and even our noobs(but Im not bitching about it since we are evil) among others.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
We had a discussion in graveyard that as LO the rules are you guys dont go around killing new players to the servers and or camp graveyards but its the exact opposite of what you guys do. Camped Mineris noobs all the time and even our noobs(but Im not bitching about it since we are evil) among others.
You listed two groups: Mineris and Underworld. Both have personally attacked us, warranting response. Both are also evil. Their fault if they want to run out, tell your members off otherwise.

Glacial_Reign

Portal
But you're missing the point, as a Neutral town you shouldn't be camping graveyards in the first place. Because thats not being Neutral to the other people.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
But you're missing the point, as a Neutral town you shouldn't be camping graveyards in the first place. Because thats not being Neutral to the other people.
You attack, we attack back. If you must, you can equate that to Israel's response to Palestinian attack, if you catch my drift.

teddytazer

Soulsand
Lets keep this on subject, when I first posted this thread my hope was to discuss town alignments and why some towns pretend to be good or neutral and yet act otherwise. I can say Umbra, Thornhollow have remained true to evil alignment and do little to help other towns. I recommend when you claim to be a certain alignment it would be nice if as mayor/managers u keep your people in line. The actions of your members reflects the overall image and reputation of your town/empire. People tell me my town's reputation is garbage, we are hated by everyone and that's exactly how I want it.

Lord_Orchid

Legacy Supporter 7
i agree with Angyles so back on topic
when i view the alignment system i look and see that the alignment tells what the town is about and what it does.
examples:
Lawful good: bounty hunters respect all serious discussion, spawn camper killers irregardless of the victims alignment, novice friendly, looks bright and cheerful and sunny and is not sealed but warm and welcoming
Neutral( neutral) : More merchants, lots of shops, welcome arms to both good and evil, keeps an eye on both good and evil to see where profits lie, join in conflicts that support their own growth, help people who support their own growth.
Chaotic evil: kills,steals, destroys, bring death to all, hold alliances only with other evil, have no laws, do whatever be whatever have fun

Now these are just the 3 extremes of alignment.
Now i am a member of UW and i myself am lawful good.
However i joined UW because of the blatant disregard for alignment despite what they say.
which in turn supports my lawful good ideals.
Good people camping other good people.
Neutral people Ignoring profit .
Evil people..... well that's pretty much what the whole server.
Now my own personal suggestion:
Remove your alignment and think about it harder and look to your town members.
if you choose good then ally with only good people not evil
if you choose neutral then go make some profit and ally with both sides like a good merchant would do
if you choose evil then ally with evil kill everything etc
in truth all of our towns alignments on this server need to be reviewed and changed
now I'm not saying a town has to have only members of that alignment as a good team has people of all alignments. However the majority of people (4:1 preferred ratio) should be at least the towns base alignment(good evil neutral)
well thats all for my two cents

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I have not read this whole post since I am at work..

Greetings my name is Teddy Tazer. As mayor of underworld I promote evil behavior, the killing of anyone that is not part of our town, the raiding and stealing of any chest left unprotected. I have noticed many towns claiming to be good and neutral, yet share the exact beliefs me and my town hold dear. For instance this town oakenshire, I was peacefully exploring looking for my old friend jacobburkey. I came across about 4 people where he was last seen and before I could stop and type out "Hi I am Friendly and Peaceful" They ran me down and murdered me. This was clearly not what I would consider Good behavior. Then there is LO, the so called neutral kingdom, I'm sure I am not alone when I say they pretty much kill first ask questions later. I've even seen LO members camp Graveyards for hour or so just at chance to kill some random guy.. Even though my town is evil I discourage killing unequipped and lower level players coming fresh from graveyards, mostly cause it makes u weaker and there is no place for weakness inside my town.

So when I see these Official Townships claiming to be Good, Neutral I just presume they are evil just like my town. My question is why don't they advertise it as it is?

Good towns can freely raid and kill evil towns and people without warning.

Second, if a town, evil, neutral or good attacks a neutral town, they can retaliate. This is the case of LO since almost everyone attacks our towns.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
i agree with Angyles so back on topic
when i view the alignment system i look and see that the alignment tells what the town is about and what it does.
examples:
Lawful good: bounty hunters respect all serious discussion, spawn camper killers irregardless of the victims alignment, novice friendly, looks bright and cheerful and sunny and is not sealed but warm and welcoming
Neutral( neutral) : More merchants, lots of shops, welcome arms to both good and evil, keeps an eye on both good and evil to see where profits lie, join in conflicts that support their own growth, help people who support their own growth.
Chaotic evil: kills,steals, destroys, bring death to all, hold alliances only with other evil, have no laws, do whatever be whatever have fun

Now these are just the 3 extremes of alignment.
Now i am a member of UW and i myself am lawful good.
However i joined UW because of the blatant disregard for alignment despite what they say.
which in turn supports my lawful good ideals.
Good people camping other good people.
Neutral people Ignoring profit .
Evil people..... well that's pretty much what the whole server.
Now my own personal suggestion:
Remove your alignment and think about it harder and look to your town members.
if you choose good then ally with only good people not evil
if you choose neutral then go make some profit and ally with both sides like a good merchant would do
if you choose evil then ally with evil kill everything etc
in truth all of our towns alignments on this server need to be reviewed and changed
now I'm not saying a town has to have only members of that alignment as a good team has people of all alignments. However the majority of people (4:1 preferred ratio) should be at least the towns base alignment(good evil neutral)
well thats all for my two cents
I agree with what most of this said. Besides your grammar, I question - why as a "lawful good" person would you join a town that represents the exact opposite of what you believe in? Identity, identity, identity.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
why would an evil guy such as yourself feel the need to type out "Hi I am Friendly and Peaceful" .

if you want lore so bad, go hang out at the renaissance fair

Orangedude345

Legacy Supporter 3
Lets keep this on subject, when I first posted this thread my hope was to discuss town alignments and why some towns pretend to be good or neutral and yet act otherwise. I can say Umbra, Thornhollow have remained true to evil alignment and do little to help other towns. I recommend when you claim to be a certain alignment it would be nice if as mayor/managers u keep your people in line. The actions of your members reflects the overall image and reputation of your town/empire. People tell me my town's reputation is garbage, we are hated by everyone and that's exactly how I want it.
It really doesn't look like that was your intention when you called out specific towns and kingdoms instead of leaving them nameless. Even after leftovers tried to explain his reasoning behind calling his kingdom neutral, you(or your members) continue to just poke holes in his explanation. By the way, if a good town were to spot you out in the open, why wouldn't they attack you on sight? After all, you are the mayor of a fairly well known "evil" town.