• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Thief's Compensation

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
That's not what I want though

I don't want new abilities, I want them to fix the abilities that are broken before adding new ones, so that we don't have a broken skill forever
Last I heard, there was someone working on a fix for thievery.
Also, chainmail armor doesn't fit thief, they are supposed to be light for a quick runaway.

Chainmail fits thief perfectly, it is designed to be light armor.
Yeah great fucking idea! Lets make thief a Samurai, just better! Why didn't i think of this /Sarcasm

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
Are you guys high? Chainmail is fucking heavy.

Chainmail is designed to be lighter, and more flexable than full plate armor.

That's not what I want though

I don't want new abilities, I want them to fix the abilities that are broken before adding new ones, so that we don't have a broken skill forever
Also, chainmail armor doesn't fit thief, they are supposed to be light for a quick runaway.

Yeah great fucking idea! Lets make thief a Samurai, just better! Why didn't i think of this /Sarcasm

I was saying it fit, not saying they deserved it.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Are you guys high? Chainmail is fucking heavy.

Chainmail is designed to be lighter, and more flexable than full plate armor.

I was saying it fit, not saying they deserved it.
Yes it is lighter than full plate armor, but it's still heavy as fu**.
What fits theives is leather armor and robes/cloakes.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
It doesn't fit at all. The richest of Vikings used Chainmail and it was heavy as fuck. Imagine a stealth thief with chainmail, the Chainmail would have revealed them (Sound of chain when moving) and how the hell can a thief run away/on target with chainmail on? No, Chainmail fits warriors, not Rogues. (Yeah I know that Bards can use full chainmail which makes no sense either).

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
It doesn't fit at all. The richest of Vikings used Chainmail and it was heavy as fuck. Imagine a stealth thief with chainmail, the Chainmail would have revealed them (Sound of chain when moving) and how the hell can a thief run away/on target with chainmail on? No, Chainmail fits warriors, not Rogues. (Yeah I know that Bards can use full chainmail which makes no sense either).

Chainmail can honestly weigh 10-90 pounds total, depending on the type. Chainmail armor may be heavier then leather, but it is/could be ligher than plate. You guys are only using huge, bias examples.

Perhaps when thiefs wear chain, their stamina could go down faster.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6

Chainmail can honestly weigh 10-90 pounds total, depending on the type. Chainmail armor may be heavier then leather, but it is/could be ligher than plate. You guys are only using huge, bias examples.

Do you truly believe a Thief would have use of chainmail? A thief would have throwed it away at the first chance. A thief is stealth and sneaky, not heavy armored and loud. This is not Bias, but in RPG and IRL perspective this idea is a bad one. It's more of an attempt to buff your own class, thrust the Balance team they have done some great things!

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand

Do you truly believe a Thief would have use of chainmail? A thief would have throwed it away at the first chance. A thief is stealth and sneaky, not heavy armored and loud. This is not Bias, but in RPG and IRL perspective this idea is a bad one. It's more of an attempt to buff your own class, thrust the Balance team they have done some great things!

I am not a Rogue

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6

I am not a Rogue
Still, my point stands. If that is all you have to reply with, i guess this argument is over. Thiefs with chainmail = No thanks.

xxMASSCHAOSx

Legacy Supporter 3

I am not a Rogue
Still, my point stands. If that is all you have to reply with, i guess this argument is over. Thiefs with chainmail = No thanks.
They don't need full chainmail I perfectly agree. I don't want an uber buff for thief's either because I really don't want to play on an op class. And I don't want to play on an under powered class either. Leather is extremely expensive for the demand it is at, and is the worst armor in the game. I don't want full chainmail, but maybe just pants or chest plate. And If the server ran perfectly by irl example over powered classes would be even worse. It's based more towards balance.(hopefully :confused:)

codec1

Legacy Supporter 3
The main point of the thread is that the thief class is lacking due to a lack of access to their skills which effectively makes them a lesser ninja. Even more so it seems that the real issue with thief is that its a weaker version of a ninja that can steal things occasionally. When thinking of thieves what comes to mind are misdirection and trickery, utility, opposed to a slapfight. This is the root of the issue /w thief atm imo.

The class has no utility to be blunt. Chainmail for thieves is just no good on alot of levels as theres no way they can keep their dps and have that (op). Even more-so because thieves are supposed to be sneaky and intelligent (the good ones), why would a thief run up on a warrior and slap fight him (possibly dying) when he can close in and say confuse him then drop some spiked balls to damage and slow him down while getting the loot. A simple scenario but its the thought behind the fight that im pointing to here. I think of traps, misdirection, mobility, and sneakyness when i have a thief in mind and thats just not the case with them atm.

Even tho thief and ninja are different on paper in some aspects the main problem seems to be their intended purpose. Both have a main purpose of raw dps and from that aspect of the game a thief is a lesser ninja that can occasionally walk up to someone and steal their things. Imo thief should be geared tward utility, mobility, and damage (in that order) theres alotta room to make them unique and valuable from that direction.

All n all they need utility and a purpose not chainmail. (imo ofc)

epicwin324

Legacy Supporter 3
In reality, the perfect thief would have no armor whatsoever. They don't need it, as they aren't built for combat like ranger or ninja is. They both have specific skills to attack targets directly, and quickly lay waste to them before they have time to realize what happened. The thief's true purpose is in the name itself: to steal things. If you want combat buffs than don't play as thief. The idea is that they can swoop into a player's base, silently raid them, and even pickpocket the unwary player as they leave. If someone happens to see them they can stay and fight, but it isn't their cup of tea. In that case they can confuse the target, and evade them all together, using skills like blackjack, tumble, kick, and especially sneak. The point of having more armor is completely irrational because, like I stated, combat isn't the thief's skill set.

The idea of buffing pickpocket though could be very useful. I very much liked Thunderjolt's idea, and had a suggestion of my own. Maybe instead of alerting the player with a message, there was a chance (based on the thieves level) that the player would be alerted of the pickpocketing, and could thus turn around and shoo the thief away. This would all occur under a 3-5 second warm-up. As well, the thief has to be BEHIND the player. If at any time in the warm-up, even if the roll was successful, that the victim sees the thief than it is immediately canceled. Also, possibly a pickpocket wait on a player. So if a thief successfully steals something, they can't do it over and over to the same person. Maybe a 3 minutes cooldown on an individual player before they can be pick-pocketed again.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Erm, you mean the skill Thievery right? No such thing as PickPocket anymore.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Ninja and Thief are similar, yes, but Thief ultimately is a class to be used strategically (hence backstab). If anything, thief should get a skill that compliments their playstyle (stealthy) like invisibility.
I think of ninjas as more mobile and thieves as more stealthy.

eagles90809

Legacy Supporter 4
I had posted this in another thread, but it seems it will get noticed here:
ShadowHand:
Thief, level 60.
Cooldown: 20 seconds.
Reagents: 1 gunpowder.
Cost: 30% stamina.
The thief surrounds his hand with darkness, striking his target while dealing 10 damage, and applying a darkness, and slow debuff for 3 seconds.
If on a light level inferior to 5, the attack deals 15 damage.
This skill wouldn't unbalance thief in PVP, and people often say thief needs a speed boost, so why not give them a speed debuff skill? This would be a unique skill, that would grant thief a little bit more of variety.
not a unique skill..... impale is basically the same thing