• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Thief's Compensation

xxMASSCHAOSx

Legacy Supporter 3
Ninja's, thief's, people say they are the same thing, pickpocket/steal gives thief the advantage over ninja's, ninja's get speed buffs and invisibility. But with thief's pick pocketing broken, what gives them the advantage over other classes if they are lesser than their "twin" of a class ninja, in almost every aspect? I am simply suggesting, that thief's could use better slightly better armor. Like maybe a chain mail chest plate/ helmet and the rest leather. (only until their main abilities get fixed.)

pickpocket isn't a pvp skill, so why should they get an armor upgrade as a placeholder?
If anything, just be patient and have fun with the skills that thief has that ninja doesn't (backstab and confuse)

Ninja's, thief's, people say they are the same thing, pickpocket/steal gives thief the advantage over ninja's, ninja's get speed buffs and invisibility. But with thief's pick pocketing broken, what gives them the advantage over other classes if they are lesser than their "twin" of a class ninja, in almost every aspect? I am simply suggesting, that thief's could use better slightly better armor. Like maybe a chain mail chest plate/ helmet and the rest leather. (only until their main abilities get fixed.)

That is called a samurai.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that thief is the lesser twin of ninja but the best way to fix this is not to play the class. Other people do their job better and they aren't all that unique. If nobody plays the class, perhaps people in power will look into making it more appealing.

Jayzy3

Glowing Redstone
Everyone (or most people) seem to agree that thieves are underpowered, but there seems to be no right skill to fix this.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Everyone (or most people) seem to agree that thieves are underpowered, but there seems to be no right skill to fix this.

You see, there is this factor called Skill when it comes to playing a class. This magical factor of Skill can out weigh just about any disadvantage one class has to another. I have mastered Thief, and they are by no means under powered. I had no issue taking out Dreadknights (lvl 55) fully armored in a fair 1v1, no element of surprise. There is no reason to argue that because Pickpocket is broken (Not even a PvP skill) that Thiefs deserve a buff. They have Backstab (Insane Damage) and they have Confuse (Get out of jail free card). Everything else is on par with a Ninja. So please, go find this amazing thing called Skill and learn to use the class to its fullest instead of complaining that you are under powered due to the fact you don't know how to play the class correctly.

xxMASSCHAOSx

Legacy Supporter 3
You see, there is this factor called Skill when it comes to playing a class. This magical factor of Skill can out weigh just about any disadvantage one class has to another. I have mastered Thief, and they are by no means under powered. I had no issue taking out Dreadknights (lvl 55) fully armored in a fair 1v1, no element of surprise. There is no reason to argue that because Pickpocket is broken (Not even a PvP skill) that Thiefs deserve a buff. They have Backstab (Insane Damage) and they have Confuse (Get out of jail free card). Everything else is on par with a Ninja. So please, go find this amazing thing called Skill and learn to use the class to its fullest instead of complaining that you are under powered due to the fact you don't know how to play the class correctly.
Well, no need to be so blunt about it, but thanks for your feedback anyway's.

xxMASSCHAOSx

Legacy Supporter 3

I agree, and that's why I didn't recommend some ability that would take hours to code, and waste the coder's time while they attempt to fix this ability. Instead make it a simple cut/copy paste to save them some time, to work on these broken abilities.

Its not about under or over powered, they aren't special. Confuse is nifty at best and can even be a buff to the enemy with enough of that magical red lettering. And yes, everything else is on par. Thieves aren't different or better.

To be honest, there isn't really anything you can do with a thief class. It's only really meant to steal and be tricky.

I don't see a real legitimate reason to give thief a speed boost or an attack buff, it's not really going to help out in the end. Especially when the ninja class is probably a better class to choose. In my opinion they should just scrap thief and change him into something with a wider move pool and unique skills. Like beguiler, the beguiler is unique and is pretty awesome.

I'm not going to suggest a different class, because I have no idea what could spec from a rogue besides maybe an assassin or mercenary, but even then I don't know what would make that any more unique then ninja.

The thief is definitely ending up looking like a copy-paste class from the ninja. It isn't working out how intended. (Unless they have something amazing to announce for the thief)

I liked the idea where light could have an impact on skills. That would make them unique. Gives them the advantage of fighting in the night.
@Stealth_Ninja_
are you sure that your not confusing yourself with thievery??

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
Not to get too far off topic, but I believe I have a solution to the /theivery skill in no PvP areas.

I propose the skill being given a 1 block range with a ~5 second warmup time where the skill verboses with "<username> is beginning to use theivery"

This would give people MORE reason to pay attention and not go AFK, while also not limiting the theifs to using the skill in only dangerous areas. If you are paying attention you will be able to move a few blocks away and never get stolen from, and if you are a sneaky little theif many a treasure shall be yours.

xxMASSCHAOSx

Legacy Supporter 3
Not to get too far off topic, but I believe I have a solution to the /theivery skill in no PvP areas.

I propose the skill being given a 1 block range with a ~5 second warmup time where the skill verboses with "<username> is beginning to use theivery"

This would give people MORE reason to pay attention and not go AFK, while also not limiting the theifs to using the skill in only dangerous areas. If you are paying attention you will be able to move a few blocks away and never get stolen from, and if you are a sneaky little theif many a treasure shall be yours.

I love this idea.

Mariohgcz

Legacy Supporter 7
I had posted this in another thread, but it seems it will get noticed here:
ShadowHand:
Thief, level 60.
Cooldown: 20 seconds.
Reagents: 1 gunpowder.
Cost: 30% stamina.
The thief surrounds his hand with darkness, striking his target while dealing 10 damage, and applying a darkness, and slow debuff for 3 seconds.
If on a light level inferior to 5, the attack deals 15 damage.
This skill wouldn't unbalance thief in PVP, and people often say thief needs a speed boost, so why not give them a speed debuff skill? This would be a unique skill, that would grant thief a little bit more of variety.

xxMASSCHAOSx

Legacy Supporter 3
That's not what I want though

I don't want new abilities, I want them to fix the abilities that are broken before adding new ones, so that we don't have a broken skill forever

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
That's not what I want though

I don't want new abilities, I want them to fix the abilities that are broken before adding new ones, so that we don't have a broken skill forever
Last I heard, there was someone working on a fix for thievery.
Also, chainmail armor doesn't fit thief, they are supposed to be light for a quick runaway.

Chainmail fits thief perfectly, it is designed to be light armor.