• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The Word of Helios [Holy] (6)

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm in contact with staff that are involved in the Karma system and they want there to be depth to the system outside PvP. Prayer alters for raising ones Karma will be a thing and there's some chance some will be based on Heliolism.

me19584 as TheMormon said, those url addresses will give you the .jar files for 1.4.7, so you can get back on Herocraft. I'll be in game a few days from now.
All hail the word

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
I have a problem... i might not be able jo join because i accidentally got 1.5. I am looking for a way around this, but i havent found any yet. wen i do et on herocraft i will message you. thanks :)
no problem man, i am on teamspeak alot and our guild channel doesn't have a password so if u see me just hop in!

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!
So do the guild members not defend themselves if attacked?
Non-lethal force and healing are permissible forms of self defense, but killing another player outside of proper sport(arena, duels, etc.) is strictly forbidden. A fervent Heliolyte, however, will have no attachment to their life and thus no reason to defend it.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
Non-lethal force and healing are permissible forms of self defense, but killing another player outside of proper sport(arena, duels, etc.) is strictly forbidden. A fervent Heliolyte, however, will have no attachment to their life and thus no reason to defend it.
this is a point of some disagreement between me and Helsech, but i haven't gotten to a high enough level that i would actually be able to kill someone lol

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
this is a point of some disagreement between me and Helsech, but i haven't gotten to a high enough level that i would actually be able to kill someone lol
This is actually where roleplaying, personal belief, and video game settings clash. I personally don't see much point in killing, Jedi's never kill their prisoners. You should always defend yourself and others, but humans are fragile things, death can happen, but your goal should never be to end anothers life. etc.

From a RPer's perspective, this would be an easy thing to abide by, but we have to realise, that in this game, life and death do not exist. We have to defend ourselves, less loose our supplies and not be able to actually play the game. We cannot take prisoners, the game does not allow for that style of role playing, and most of the players who go out of their way to harass other players are douche bags about it and will continue to attack, even after they lost. To them, there is no honor, there is no such thing as a fair fight. They must win, they will win.

So, the best way to play by this ideal, is to ofcourse, not run around slaughtering people, you can also choose to run from a fight if you can, but you will likely not have that option.

Me personally, would rather stand my ground and protect the weak, and give my life to save theirs, but not go out of my way to pick a fight.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
This is actually where roleplaying, personal belief, and video game settings clash. I personally don't see much point in killing, Jedi's never kill their prisoners. You should always defend yourself and others, but humans are fragile things, death can happen, but your goal should never be to end anothers life. etc.

From a RPer's perspective, this would be an easy thing to abide by, but we have to realise, that in this game, life and death do not exist. We have to defend ourselves, less loose our supplies and not be able to actually play the game. We cannot take prisoners, the game does not allow for that style of role playing, and most of the players who go out of their way to harass other players are douche bags about it and will continue to attack, even after they lost. To them, there is no honor, there is no such thing as a fair fight. They must win, they will win.

So, the best way to play by this ideal, is to ofcourse, not run around slaughtering people, you can also choose to run from a fight if you can, but you will likely not have that option.

Me personally, would rather stand my ground and protect the weak, and give my life to save theirs, but not go out of my way to pick a fight.
very good perspective ill avoid a fight if at all possible and if the person tries to run i will most likely let them and run another direct.

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!

Outside of Dragoon, Disciple, and I think Wizard most classes can be kited by other classes such as Beguiler, Disciple, Ranger, and if there's a root effect still in the game then that can be used as a useful escape mechanic. Disciple, Dragoon, Samurai, and Wizard also have useful abilities for escape, though sadly there is no "Detainment" or as you described "taking prisoners" for players to make peaceful resolutions, which in my viewpoint is definitely a positive addition especially with the coming Karma system.

As for the players who try at anything to "win", I don't see why we should care so much about it. What does their personal victory mean for us? That's something to be thought over when considering if retaliating is even worth snuffing out their small triumph.

Heliolytes, who take it upon themselves to be examples of peace, must be able to part with their belongings at any time, even willingly if it is to help another. In this way, defense is unnecessary to protect your goods, which further promotes our pacifist nature within Herocraft.

The Word also teaches to respect those who do not share our beliefs. If I allowed killing in defense, especially those who in the coming Karma system would recieve negative effects for dying as an evil player, then that would often mean players losing items and (with the karm system) levels. I don't think this respects the player who, since he does not follow the Word, values what he's earned and his successfulness in combat.

Every esteemed player of Herocraft will agree the main point of this game is its community. I just want to give those in the community who are like me a place in the world without making drama with the other groups within the community.

I don't write all this in argument. I've simply thought enough about what I wrote down to say this much about it.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
i like how this discussion is going but i invited all members to a group so we can talk about this more in private

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Clarification:

Helios = HelsEch?

Or does Helios represent a mythical deity?

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
does this answer your question?

Helios Echelon
Not at all. I am asking if you created an in-game religion to worship yourself. Messiah complex much? If this is indeed the case, I will have to reconsider being a part of it.

edit: I managed to catch onto ur clever wordplay almost immediately after I first heard the name of Helios lol.

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!
Not at all. I am asking if you created an in-game religion to worship yourself. Messiah complex much? If this is indeed the case, I will have to reconsider being a part of it.

edit: I managed to catch onto ur clever wordplay almost immediately after I first heard the name of Helios lol.

Eh, it's a game. Sure I can get some small satisfaction in people worshiping my character in a role play setting, but my "ulterior motive" is to get people to stop fighting each other and ultimately make Herocraft a chill place for anyone to play. A religion is largely a tool to make an idea seem more important and draws people to accept the idea and attempt to share it. It's this me.metic(really Kainzo?) nature of religion that furthers my goal.

Also, it's more a worship of the book than the person, like Americans are legally under the rule of the Constitution, not the President or any governmental figure.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
Eh, it's a game. Sure I can get some small satisfaction in people worshiping my character in a role play setting, but my "ulterior motive" is to get people to stop fighting each other and ultimately make Herocraft a chill place for anyone to play. A religion is largely a tool to make an idea seem more important and draws people to accept the idea and attempt to share it. It's this me.metic(really Kainzo?) nature of religion that furthers my goal.

Also, it's more a worship of the book than the person, like Americans are legally under the rule of the Constitution, not the President or any governmental figure.
This is why we all say Praise the Word, not Praise Helsech

HelsEch

ICE ICE ICE!

I always like that Greek God, kinda like he is a beacon of light guiding the way

I remember first hearing of him after reading the Odyssey in freshman year. A year later I began attributing the name to myself online and a year later a cute girl started calling me "Hels". My name turned into HelsEch within a year after, so about 1-2 year(s) before joining Herocraft. I then made Helios my roleplay name for Herocraft a year ago, because I'll always have the connection.