• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The fact that this server isn't P2W.

I have done much server searching. I can't tell you how many servers I have looked at. It is SO hard to find a decent server. Here is how I go find servers: Go to Minecraft server list(minestatus or w/e), Click on a few interesting sounding servers, go straight to server website, click on donation shop, check donation perks. Pretty much all of the big 300 player+ servers are p2w. All of the 12 yr olds that beg mom and dad for money so they can stomp on people who just wanna try a new server out.

Enough with the whining though. I think that this server can be so much more if:
A) It stays no p2w. There must not be anything in shop that breaks the game. Stick with vanity things.

B) The advertisers make sure to sell and stress that this server isn't p2w. I really havn't found a server with a donation shop as balanced as this. I will probably end up donating because I didn't get stomped by someone who donated 20$. Seriously if I saw on Minestatus: "NO P2W RPG SERVER: Herocraft Online" I would instantly click and sign up.

C) Make it easier for new people to stay. I have to say this server is very overwhelming. There needs to be some sort of thing to make it easier on new people like me to get into this game.

I also know from experience that not a lot of the new members think they have to apply. They think the greylist has no disadvantages while I am pretty sure it is required. Maybe its a good thing because the people who are new that can't handle a lil complexity probably should have joined anyways but I think this server could be way more popular. My friends quit and went to op donation based faction servers just because they didn't want to level the whole time. I am not saying lowering the leveling time but just make it funner to level. I am not an expert and don't know how to accomplish this but I am just trying to give a noobs advice. Take it if you wish.

Thanks for reading!

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Herocraft will never be P2W and we know that. It goes against Kainzo's vision of the server. Anything that is added to the supporter perks or to the store is carefully thought out.

The server is very overwhelming, no doubt about that. We are constantly updating our wiki to the most detailed information possible. This is such a great resource for new AND old. I find myself there every day. As well, our guide team has been putting together some guides for new players. Check out hc.to/guide

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I have done much server searching. I can't tell you how many servers I have looked at. It is SO hard to find a decent server. Here is how I go find servers: Go to Minecraft server list(minestatus or w/e), Click on a few interesting sounding servers, go straight to server website, click on donation shop, check donation perks. Pretty much all of the big 300 player+ servers are p2w. All of the 12 yr olds that beg mom and dad for money so they can stomp on people who just wanna try a new server out. Enough with the whining though. I think that this server can be so much more if:
A) It stays no p2w. There must not be anything in shop that breaks the game. Stick with vanity things.
B) The advertisers make sure to sell and stress that this server isn't p2w. I really havn't found a server with a donation shop as balanced as this. I will probably end up donating because I didn't get stomped by someone who donated 20$. Seriously if I saw on Minestatus: "NO P2W RPG SERVER: Herocraft Online" I would instantly click and sign up.
C) Make it easier for new people to stay. I have to say this server is very overwhelming. There needs to be some sort of thing to make it easier on new people like me to get into this game. I also know from experience that not a lot of the new members think they have to apply. They think the greylist has no disadvantages while I am pretty sure it is required. Maybe its a good thing because the people who are new that can't handle a lil complexity probably should have joined anyways but I think this server could be way more popular. My friends quit and went to op donation based faction servers just because they didn't want to level the whole time. I am not saying lowering the leveling time but just make it funner to level. I am not an expert and don't know how to accomplish this but I am just trying to give a noobs advice. Take it if you wish.

Thanks for reading!
Thanks for the feedback - also try and use more paragraphs so your reader has an easier time understanding what you're conveying :)

We are attempting to deepen and broaden the RPG aspect of our server so that leveling IS fun and not just some grindy game. It takes time and isn't "easy" to accomplish!

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I farted around 2 days ago on a different server to investigate how they dealt with their objection-based games. I barely did any investigating because I kept dying to everyone's "insta-kill axe". Seriously, that's what it was called, and that's precisely what it did. Needless to say, you had to be a premium member for that benefit. What a joke.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I farted around 2 days ago on a different server to investigate how they dealt with their objection-based games. I barely did any investigating because I kept dying to everyone's "insta-kill axe". Seriously, that's what it was called, and that's precisely what it did. Needless to say, you had to be a premium member for that benefit. What a joke.
Someone make some tag lines so we can advertise our NO PAY 2 WIN - status.

GO GO GO!
Heralds | Guides | Admins

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
I did find a 14 year-old complaining about 12 year-olds a bit funny... But besides that, it was a very helpful post! Thanks, Dionysus! Sometimes Herocrafters forget about what makes this server great!

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
P2W is the reason I quit faction servers, well that and hackers. ;)
gaming-culture-image-1359412031.jpg

RaekinTheBored

Legacy Supporter 7
Something along the lines of "Skill be thy master in Herocraft Online, not $$$. RPG Heroes/ No Pay To Win"

That '$$$' or something about 'not Mom's purse'. That last one might be too insulting : P.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
"You have to play and not just pay to master thy Herocraft way." - Predator

Kainzo

"If thou wish to master the arts, come forth; currency doesn't matter; training is the way to go, thou cannot pay and falter. If thou believe in the art of greed; begone! Farewell, for greed is not one of ours. Dilligence is the way to go; no other way there is; perks for being kind there is, but nothing overwhelming! A lock or two, a fancy name; a way to broadcast your thoughts with friends and allies! If this is the things thy is searching for, thou hast to look no farther" -Jas

Man, this is my first herocraft poem. I feel so... so.... ALIVE. I still won't return.

Kainzo

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't know what a tag line is.... BUTTTT, I went in and edited the image that we use on websites such as minestatus to better convey what Herocraft has to offer.

Untitled_zps4ca6e877.png

Kainzo?