• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The City of Artemis

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Sounds good Mike, on a side note about your mob grinder and auto-cactus farmer, I began construction on a cactus farmer in our farm yesterday, mostly to harvest cacti for the auto mob killer I started on near our mining camp.

sheddi

Legacy Supporter 3
it seems mike that you allready have tons of ideas for the town im glad to see you so exited about it and good luck

Mikespillow

Legacy Supporter 7
AlexDaParrot said:
Sounds good Mike, on a side note about your mob grinder and auto-cactus farmer, I began construction on a cactus farmer in our farm yesterday, mostly to harvest cacti for the auto mob killer I started on near our mining camp.

I saw the cacti, and I made it into a little farm. It's not very efficient but I tried, given the dimensions aren't great for that kind of farm.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Mikespillow said:
AlexDaParrot said:

I saw the cacti, and I made it into a little farm. It's not very efficient but I tried, given the dimensions aren't great for that kind of farm.

Yeah, I collected 5 stacks of cactus running around a desert the other day which I will be planting.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
I cleaned out our member list today. We are a bit lower, but considering members have joined Chronus and I cleaned out the inactives of the last 2 weeks, we are still well above 30. Good job guys.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
toadsworth29 said:
Once the real server is back up, is there anyway I can assist the city?

Mining, planning projects, harvesting in our farms, and just in general assisting with people who ask for help. There are a ton of ways to help :D!

toadsworth29

Legacy Supporter 3
AlexDaParrot said:
toadsworth29 said:

Mining, planning projects, harvesting in our farms, and just in general assisting with people who ask for help. There are a ton of ways to help :D!

Tomorrow I think I'll harvest sugarcane for use in the library. Maybe make some bookshelves.

Beyondvalor

Legacy Supporter 5
toadsworth, the following things need to be done for the baths: flowers need to be gathered, glass needs to be collected and the lava room has to be built. Along with some other miscellaneous jobs. I have kind of been worked out on that bath-house, so I've been making my own house in the interim.

By the way, mike, with Elysium, considering the town is based on the Fields of Elysium--it may be cool to add huge wheat fields on the way in to the town with fencing to make sure no animals/mobs get in.

Mikespillow

Legacy Supporter 7
Beyondvalor said:
toadsworth, the following things need to be done for the baths: flowers need to be gathered, glass needs to be collected and the lava room has to be built. Along with some other miscellaneous jobs. I have kind of been worked out on that bath-house, so I've been making my own house in the interim.

By the way, mike, with Elysium, considering the town is based on the Fields of Elysium--it may be cool to add huge wheat fields on the way in to the town with fencing to make sure no animals/mobs get in.

Will do! Am I allowed to construct those outside the town range, just outside where the rings will be?

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Hmmm...Whenever I think classic roman wheat fields I think of that one gladiator movie where he goes back to his family at the end when he dies and that is a farm.

You can construct them outside the town rings, but make sure to fence them in and leave signs saying they are not to be harvested or trampled on, because otherwise they will be. I don't know how good it will look either since you need water decently close to the wheat for it to grow, and that would disrupt the rows of golden wheat.

sheddi

Legacy Supporter 3
just wanted yal to know that in the bank there is a lift to deposit boxes every citizen in artemis has a small chest thats lwcd for just me and you there are names above each chest if no banker for artmemis,or other sister cities then put it in the chest each day il check them periodically also if you have any donations for artemis put them in there il sell them things like iron lapis cloth dye anything with value is appreciated

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Due to the recent change of Nova's political position, I have decided that it would best if we built a completely new road from Artemis to the mainland. This would simplify how people get to and from Artemis as well as allow us to implement safety features for people. The road, unlike every other road on the server, will be completely enclosed to inhibit people camping just outside the road. It will be well lit, and there will be check points where we can later install arrow traps and other items of destruction to inhibit evildoers. We have a need for a new road, as our current one is out of date and does not fit into the city design. The road we are planning will go from the northern part of Artemis's rings. The ring will then cut over slightly after Apherdite's castle to allow for both a view, as well as maximum ease of travel. We will, of course, extend the enclosure to the DH empire rings to make sure that people are safe when traveling on our roads. I still need to work out some of the design issues with corners being used as sneak hideouts (Probably countered with the use of glass corners so that a player can't hide around a corner without being seen before) and the height at which it will be built at. To inhibit grieving and to make it hard to access, it will probably be located at around 80 height, and dip down as a person enters Artemis. I hope to see you all this Saturday online and ready to work on the road. I have to work in the morning, but I will be on all day after that to make sure this happens!

With the change in alignment by Nova i believe we should most definitely figure out a project building date for walls around the city. We are becoming a larger target by MoB and the fact that they have begun to prepare ambushes on our roads is cause for alarm. If MoB continues aggression i believe we have no choice.

tabletop1000 said:
With the change in alignment by Nova i believe we should most definitely figure out a project building date for walls around the city. We are becoming a larger target by MoB and the fact that they have begun to prepare ambushes on our roads is cause for alarm. If MoB continues aggression i believe we have no choice.

Walls are a great idea. It's not like PvP is illegal inside your rings and if you tell us to leave and we don't you can kill us and we can't fight back or anything crazy like that.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Ambushes are nullified by good road building; walls will just inhibit expansion and need to be torn down, and thus are useless.

toadsworth29

Legacy Supporter 3
toadsworth29 said:
AlexDaParrot said:
toadsworth29 said:

Tomorrow I think I'll harvest sugarcane for use in the library. Maybe make some bookshelves.

I think I'll go to the Desert to harvest sand. Are bookshelves still needed for trhe library?

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Bookshelves can be used, but are in no way needed. It has plenty of bookcases for the moment :).