• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion The 12 Step Program to MORE WORLD PVP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortyy_oD

Legacy Supporter 3
Definitely feel this would bring loads of fun back into HC. HC PvP has gone stale, that's why I'm not as active as I should be, but you know, without positive change, it gets boring after a while.

PvP used to be cutthroat and almost impossible to do unless you had 10+ people with you. The TC raids on Airbus's shops are a perfect example of this. It sparked widespread enthusiasm in PvP and you couldn't just bring 3 people and kill everyone, there would be 15+ there every night fighting. I miss those days now that I look at the new system of PvP.

People nowadays just hide in their plots, border hop, or crawl into their towns. PvP has definately taken a turn for the worse and it's sad to see from my view as a former active PvPer. Things were SO interesting in Zeal and that's why it was so much fun and the reason I was on every night battling KoK and the AoA, and murdering noobs who walked by. I 100% miss the way PvP used to be before regions and the detrimental updates put into HC.

However, I've made countless threads like these, begging for change and improvement to the PvP system, but there was always a staff member there to down my opinion and leave a witty remark towards me. Good luck and hopefully some of these requested changed will be installed.

EDIT: Also, the founder's first priority isn't to enhance PvP for everyone as there are very few on this server that are actively apart of it. So it is a lot to ask for overhauls to world region access for a small group of the server, keep that in mind.

Aetosion

Obsidian
@Dwarfers Have a fun time! We'll miss you!

-----

@Shorty_D Many share your sentiment. I think the reason nothing's been done is because the suggestions haven't been presented reasonably, or the community hasn't made an effort to show that it was a shared view. Not a minority with a less-held opinion. That's the spirit though.

Fit29

Coal
@Aetosion
Thanks for the small history lesson. :3
I am the type of person who would be pissed if randomly murdered while shopping... yet the world before the trade district I hear of sounds like a good one.
Considering I personally don't see many opportunities for a "Good" town or guild to show that they are "Good" besides attack evil towns... This could give "Good" communities a chance to defend innocent shoppers from a large raid, or clean up a sudden burst of chaos on the roads.
Also, I enjoy building my own shops, not using some pre-made ones.
Another thing about the trade district, If I pick my profession to be merchant, I want to be able to set up a shop as soon as possible... but the only way my shop would even get customers is by buying a shop in the trade district. So basically the Merchant profession costs a large amount of money just to make it useful!

(Please remeber I am still new to this server, so anything I say can, and most likely is, very silly and wrong.)

teddytazer

Soulsand
definatly needs more danger, I say enable PVP inside Dragongarde like Kainzo promised! and while your at in make PVP enabled around those mob arena's as well.

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
Short input:

Everyone has an opinion on what Hardcore is meant to be. Judging someones perspective negatively on what they believe is hardcore isn't the way to go. Accept their opinion and move on.

PvP makes up a part of a hardcore server. Promoting PvP will promote more challenge but it will affect creativity on the server. Wise choices need to be made for ALL players. Not just the ones who demand PvP this and PvP that. I absolutely enjoy PvP, don't get me wrong. These ideas are also great!

Im just against on how this community demands more PvP. Anyway, changes gotta happen. Otherwise players will simply leave the server for the lack of PvP.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
There's hardly any world PVP. That sucks. Here's how to fix it.

1. No DG plots. Lots of people at spawn ruins pvp. Or just hella expensive
2. No Trade District
3. More MAs at accessible, yet dangerous locations. Like Temple.
4. No hamlets. Makes regions too easy.
5. Much more expensive regions. Larger communities that fight together, instead of tons of 5-15 man ones.
6. Smaller regions, less giant-ass hidey holes that you never have to leave.
7. No regions on roads. Allow buildings, shops, blockades.
8. Herogate-esque things around +/- 3000, +/- 3000. Map expansion made many areas too isolated.
9. Smaller maps, next map, or whatever.
10. Roads on Warshard. Centralize PVP along roads and whatnot.
11. Encourage Kingdoms, large WARS. Less random anarchy. Stuff like that.
12. **Insert good idea from a reply here**

Suggest more if you want to. Good ideas will be added.

Aetosion, Out.

I'll tag everyone that was participating alot in the ingame debate about it earlier.
@Kainzo @PernixPike @HolyRane @dils1 @BadHaddy @ShizzDawgg

1. Dragon Plots are rewarded to those who have earned it. They have been around since Sanctum, I don't see why they should be removed. There was plenty of PvP with the plots in Zeal too.

2. The trade district prevents griefing and pass camping that happened on the last map. I would like to see more shops nearby the roads outside of spawn, but when I look back at how bad it was in Zeal (harassment and so on), I think otherwise.

3. I think the locations of the MAs have greatly enhanced PvP. Now, people have to fight and battle their way to the current ones! :) More MAs are always good, but I think, to balence how the server works, we'll need a higher ''average'' amount of players per day sort of buisness; the more players online in a day, the more MAs to be filled up.

4. Hamlets cost a reasonable amount, and I know it sucks there are plenty that are inactive. I feel there should be a ''town cap'', which will limit the amount of towns that can be created. This worked well in Sanctum, and made sure many of the communities were active and developed. Hamlets are good, they provide enough space considering how much is spent on them; I agree, though, there are too many. We need towns to fight for their position and region, through ensuring they are active and are alive; not like people that log in once a week for 5 mins and pay taxes! :p

5. See above.

6. I think the region sizes are alright. People have to work and pay for them, either if they are town regions or personal ones. The ones in spawn currently follow a good idea; the more money you spend, the bigger the region. They don't offer THAT much space, if you really want to make a good town. ;) Some may want to make great town structures that need protection from a region, such as the town ''Akahi'', which is a volcano.

7. I like this idea. But, if that were to happen, the admins should form some ''initial'' road idea. Nothing fancy with glowstone and lapis; just a basic road made of stone or wood. That way, players COULD build and make shops. This was very successful in enhancing PvP in Zeal! ;) There should, however, be set rules to prevent mass griefing, such as the full destruction of a road. This would suck, badly! :D

8. I don't really get what you mean. All I think about Herogates is that they should be smaller in region size, but this is being taken cared of anyway.

9. With smaller maps, the land gets depleted of it's resources and gets massed griefed. We increase the map size to ensure the map doesn't die, and can continue for a longer time! :p Things like Warshard are introduced to boost PvP activity.

10. Yes, this will make things more like Zeal! ;)

11. 100% SUPPORT ALL THE WAY! :D This server needs kingdoms! Most ''Kingdoms'' are just a collection of towns but nothing really official, no pylons or any kingdom region. With more kingdoms, and fewer towns, people will want to fight more! :) Full support! :D

I generally agree. As for Dragongarde plots, I think they are fine at the moment. They have been around for a long time anyways, and they have not stopped people from player killing. I think changes need to be made to ensure there are less townships, that will make alliences more important and will also have the same effect for enemy towns and neutral towns. As for region size, I think they are ok at the moment, whether personal, town or noble.

Overall, I believe more things should be introduced to ensure as much PvP as possible. Currently, there are plans (I believe) that the admins have to reduce the region sizes of Herogates, MAs and Graveyards. Alongside this, Warshard should be coming out soon and that will allow more PvP on the server! :p I love your idea of roads in Warshard, sounds fun! ;)

Joka10

Soulsand
As said many time by staff and active players... hardcore does not mean PvP. If you're going to use the fact that the server is hardcore to make it even more PvP-oriented, then you don't have any evidence towards it. Hardcore is not PvP. This server (you can look at the title on the main page of the forums) is a hardcore MMORPG, not a PvP server.

Also, just looking at the list of people who tarded my first post.... like half of them are TC and the rest of them are other PvP fanatics. Most of you aren't focusing on anything but what happens with the PvP here, because that's all you care about. That's not all there is though, or not all that there is supposed to be. Actually look at it from other aspects about Minecraft (because whether or not you want to believe it, they exist here on this server, though they are rather neglected already for the sake of PvP), and you'll see that while you may be improving PvP, you're causing much suffering to the other parts of the game.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Short input:

Everyone has an opinion on what Hardcore is meant to be. Judging someones perspective negatively on what they believe is hardcore isn't the way to go. Accept their opinion and move on.

PvP makes up a part of a hardcore server. Promoting PvP will promote more challenge but it will affect creativity on the server. Wise choices need to be made for ALL players. Not just the ones who demand PvP this and PvP that. I absolutely enjoy PvP, don't get me wrong. These ideas are also great!

Im just against on how this community demands more PvP. Anyway, changes gotta happen. Otherwise players will simply leave the server for the lack of PvP.
Quoted for delicious truth. PvP is part of Herocraft's "hardcore," but it's only part of it and we all need to remember that. You have to allow for the creative side of the spectrum too.

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
Definitely feel this would bring loads of fun back into HC. HC PvP has gone stale, that's why I'm not as active as I should be, but you know, without positive change, it gets boring after a while.

PvP used to be cutthroat and almost impossible to do unless you had 10+ people with you. The TC raids on Airbus's shops are a perfect example of this. It sparked widespread enthusiasm in PvP and you couldn't just bring 3 people and kill everyone, there would be 15+ there every night fighting. I miss those days now that I look at the new system of PvP.

People nowadays just hide in their plots, border hop, or crawl into their towns. PvP has definately taken a turn for the worse and it's sad to see from my view as a former active PvPer. Things were SO interesting in Zeal and that's why it was so much fun and the reason I was on every night battling KoK and the AoA, and murdering noobs who walked by. I 100% miss the way PvP used to be before regions and the detrimental updates put into HC.

However, I've made countless threads like these, begging for change and improvement to the PvP system, but there was always a staff member there to down my opinion and leave a witty remark towards me. Good luck and hopefully some of these requested changed will be installed.

EDIT: Also, the founder's first priority isn't to enhance PvP for everyone as there are very few on this server that are actively apart of it. So it is a lot to ask for overhauls to world region access for a small group of the server, keep that in mind.

^^^^^^^^
All I have to say.
R.I.P Zeal.

qNickp

TNT
As said many time by staff and active players... hardcore does not mean PvP. If you're going to use the fact that the server is hardcore to make it even more PvP-oriented, then you don't have any evidence towards it. Hardcore is not PvP. This server (you can look at the title on the main page of the forums) is a hardcore MMORPG, not a PvP server.

Also, just looking at the list of people who tarded my first post.... like half of them are TC and the rest of them are other PvP fanatics. Most of you aren't focusing on anything but what happens with the PvP here, because that's all you care about. That's not all there is though, or not all that there is supposed to be. Actually look at it from other aspects about Minecraft (because whether or not you want to believe it, they exist here on this server, though they are rather neglected already for the sake of PvP), and you'll see that while you may be improving PvP, you're causing much suffering to the other parts of the game.

Why do you think there is only about 50 - 70 ish ppl online a day instead of the near full to full players like in zeal? I don't know about you guys but when I click on a hardcore server thread I don't sign up to build.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Why do you think there is only about 50 - 70 ish ppl online a day instead of the near full to full players like in zeal? I don't know about you guys but when I click on a hardcore server thread I don't sign up to build.

There is usually around 100+ people playing on the server now. Back in Zeal, that used to be the max number of players allowed on a server at one time. The limit is now 200, and I do see 160 players online most days.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I was trying to say the same thing joka did somewhere, most of those supporting this are TC or some other pvp loving people who do really nothing but pvp. I hate to running all the way to temple to restock my shop because people like TC and stuff camp the border. I always have to go the long way around which is annoying. I think we need more opinions on this topic and not just those that pvp.

Bacon_nator

Stone
Honestly the stated ideas are really good but on of the simplest and more likely ideas that kainzo could do instead of reworking the whole system is make it so that the CT system will not allow to reenter No PvP zones while tagged which will prevent Border hopping which is one of the main issues I see during TC raids, that and He needs to do something about the fact that towns are just giant bubbles with no ways in a solution to this would be the TnT Cannon idea that pernix suggested a while ago and with all this we have mass increase in PvP.

Joka10

Soulsand
I don't know about you guys but when I click on a hardcore server thread I don't sign up to build.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I see a sandbox game called Minecraft about mining and crafting, I don't buy it to PvP...

Bacon_nator

Stone
I don't know about anyone else, but when I see a sandbox game called Minecraft about mining and crafting, I don't buy it to PvP...
If you didn't buy it to PvP then you should have signed up for a Non PvP server not the largest PvP server in Minecraft

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
What Joka has been trying to say is, this server is not all about PvP like you guys have acting as it is. How were towns created? Building. How was temple ma created? Building. If it were all about PvP this would have been an empty map with hills, mountains, oceans, rivers, and biomes.

Joka10

Soulsand
If you didn't buy it to PvP then you should have signed up for a Non PvP server not the largest PvP server in Minecraft

No one (or very few people) buys MC for PvP. It's just something you end up doing. And Herocraft, as stated by the staff themselves many times, is not even a PvP server. It's a hardcore MMORPG with PvP enabled. PvP is just an aspect of it.

Look, I agree that PvP is rather lukewarm right now and stuff needs to be done, but most of the suggestions made in this thread would turn HC from the MMORPG that it is into a total PvP server, which it isn't supposed to be. There are methods that could be used to improve PvP without doing this. There is a middle ground in which all aspects of the game are held to be equal, and all are very good. The goal should be to hit that middle ground spot-on so that people with all sorts of MC-related interests rush to join. If the majority of the suggestions made in this thread are used, this server will only be a place for PvP junkies. Changes do need to be made to PvP, yes, but not these changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.