• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Suggestions for Geomancers

Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • No but it could be used as a separate class.

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Anyway I'm just going to say this won't happen, remakes are extremely rre and these skills would not make this a caster class, but a Melee class.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Geomancer is currently a bland and less useful version of wizard. This would be them really interesting and still fit in lore-wise.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
This would make them not even a caster class, they do not remove an entire classes' skills to replace them with more op skills.
The skills don't have to be OP. Obviously it'd be a chore to shift geomancer to this kind of gameplay, but it could definitely work out. Now I'm not suggesting they be tanky in any way, but a caster with short range spells would really make geo stand out.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
The skills don't have to be OP. Obviously it'd be a chore to shift geomancer to this kind of gameplay, but it could definitely work out. Now I'm not suggesting they be tanky in any way, but a caster with short range spells would really make geo stand out.
even if the skills were to change to these, these skills are not balanced one bit.

Mrchucklez

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't really like the idea of making a caster fight at close-range. I know something should be done to fix them but I don't like this idea at all.

Maybe @bdz1019 has some ideas for his class

TicklesTheMighty

ICE ICE ICE!
I think I'd rather see some long range AoE action, something that would differentiate Geo from Wizard but still keep them within the bounds of a Caster class. What bothers me is that the only AoEs we seem to have are centered on the character rather than the cross-hair, somewhat limiting our ability to utilize AoEs without being too close for comfort.

I always thought it would be cool to have an Eruption skill that deals knockback and fire damage/tick on target block, or the ability to create a temporary dirt wall to disrupt/use as cover in larger engagements. I guess AoE has always come hand in hand with havoc in my book.

I feel like a Geo would need a lot more hp/armor/survivability/maneuverability to be able to use enhanced melee skills without getting decimated, though I personally think that a Warrior class based on those skills would be pretty cool.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
I think I'd rather see some long range AoE action, something that would differentiate Geo from Wizard but still keep them within the bounds of a Caster class. What bothers me is that the only AoEs we seem to have are centered on the character rather than the cross-hair, somewhat limiting our ability to utilize AoEs without being too close for comfort.

I always thought it would be cool to have an Eruption skill that deals knockback and fire damage/tick on target block, or the ability to create a temporary dirt wall to disrupt/use as cover in larger engagements. I guess AoE has always come hand in hand with havoc in my book.

I feel like a Geo would need a lot more hp/armor/survivability/maneuverability to be able to use enhanced melee skills without getting decimated, though I personally think that a Warrior class based on those skills would be pretty cool.
^

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
This would make them not even a caster class, they do not remove an entire classes' skills to replace them with more op skills.

Caster does not mean ranged attacks. It mean casting spells and useing magic. It's ok if the magic is close ranged. I find it ridiculous that you won't stop saying they arn't balanced. I stated they would be changed, I was just posting my ideas.

I would like a class like this too, however geomancer feels like a weak wizard, so I just thought of something that makes them unique from all the other caster classes.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Caster does not mean ranged attacks. It mean casting spells and useing magic. It's ok if the magic is close ranged. I find it ridiculous that you won't stop saying they arn't balanced. I stated they would be changed, I was just posting my ideas.

I would like a class like this too, however geomancer feels like a weak wizard, so I just thought of something that makes them unique from all the other caster classes.
In my opinion if Deepfreeze was at where it was before and had maybe a 15-20 second cooldown, geomancer would be a lot better.

bdz1019

Banned
I believe that the main issue with the geomancer spec is its lack of defense. Before deepfreeze was altered, it could be easily used to freeze an opponent. The skill, especially when I was at a lower level, was used as a defensive maneuver to either trap the opponent and run, or trap the opponent and attack him/her without the worry of getting completely shredded apart. Now, im not saying that the deepfreeze skill should return as it was, because there were good reasons for it getting removed. I just think that a defensive skill (like a temp. dirt wall as stated above) could be advantageous to the class. Maybe to even it out, each caster class could get a defensive skill which is unique to its specific specialty. The defensive skill shouldn't be all too powerful either; just enough so that the weaker caster classes can stand an equal chance against the higher HP classes and the stronger, more weaponized caster classes. Maybe higher HP could equall it all out, I dont know. I just believe that a defensive skill would be an interesting and useful skill for the geomancer class. With regards to the addition of a melee skill to the class, I am kind of on the border. It might work well, and then again it might not. It could give an extra umpf to the class, but geomancer already has close range skills (Pulse, Icyaura, Blaze) that work well enough in close range circumstances (albeit only available at higher levels). I guess it would really come down to how a melee skill would be implemented; but hell, we could give it a try and see how it works. Im really up to anything that could improve this class. So yea, either a defensive skill or a really really innovative and useful melee skill could definitely pick geomancer out of the hole that it's currently in.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
In my opinion if Deepfreeze was at where it was before and had maybe a 15-20 second cooldown, geomancer would be a lot better.

If geomancers stayed with everything they have now, I would want that to happen. I'm just giving some ideas for something different.

I believe that the main issue with the geomancer spec is its lack of defense. Before deepfreeze was altered, it could be easily used to freeze an opponent. The skill, especially when I was at a lower level, was used as a defensive maneuver to either trap the opponent and run, or trap the opponent and attack him/her without the worry of getting completely shredded apart. Now, im not saying that the deepfreeze skill should return as it was, because there were good reasons for it getting removed. I just think that a defensive skill (like a temp. dirt wall as stated above) could be advantageous to the class. Maybe to even it out, each caster class could get a defensive skill which is unique to its specific specialty. The defensive skill shouldn't be all too powerful either; just enough so that the weaker caster classes can stand an equal chance against the higher HP classes and the stronger, more weaponized caster classes. Maybe higher HP could equall it all out, I dont know. I just believe that a defensive skill would be an interesting and useful skill for the geomancer class. With regards to the addition of a melee skill to the class, I am kind of on the border. It might work well, and then again it might not. It could give an extra umpf to the class, but geomancer already has close range skills (Pulse, Icyaura, Blaze) that work well enough in close range circumstances (albeit only available at higher levels). I guess it would really come down to how a melee skill would be implemented; but hell, we could give it a try and see how it works. Im really up to anything that could improve this class. So yea, either a defensive skill or a really really innovative and useful melee skill could definitely pick geomancer out of the hole that it's currently in.

I kindof agree with you, but deepfreeze is just terrible atm. It has a bad range, warmup and I think it can be canceled by taking damage.[DOUBLEPOST=1366238754,1345657379][/DOUBLEPOST]I miss Geomancer. :oops:

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Pyromancer is supposed to be a melee hybrid, though I've not played the class so I can't say for sure how well we managed it.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Pyromancer is supposed to be a melee hybrid, though I've not played the class so I can't say for sure how well we managed it.

I know. That edit nearly as old as the thread, however I decided to revive the thread just to see what people think of the idea now that we do have a melee magic class.