• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Suggestions for Geomancers

Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • No but it could be used as a separate class.

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
EDIT: I'm bumping this thread because I think it would be great to have a "up close" caster class. Having one would increase the variety and PVP techniques for the caster class. Alot of these spells are loosly based off of enchancement shamans from World of warcraft. I have edited some spells and the decription.

I am thinking that geos could become more of a class that uses their fists or a melee weapon in battle but have spells that would bind to their fists or weapon much like a ranger binds spells to their arrow (poison arrow etc). I have a few suggestions but not really any idea on how to balance the damage.

Here are some of the skills I have thought of if these idea was ever put into game. (not balanced perfectly but things can be adjusted).

Main weapon : Book (55 Damage)

Armor: Helm : Leather, Possibly chain, Gold
Chest : Leather, Gold
Legs : Leather, Gold, Chain
Boots : Leather, Gold, Chain

These are spells that bind to your fist:

Ember : Level 1 2% mana per hit.
Damage: 60 damage per hit. Lights victim on fire for 10 damage per second for 3 seconds.

Icy Touch : Level 10 5% mana per hit.
Damage: 70 per hit plus punch damage. Slows target slightly for 3 seconds.

Shocking blows : Level 25 5% mana per hit.
Damage: 75 damage per hit and increases users mouvment speed slightly every hit. Other possibility is sends target in a random direction (one or two blocks) every hit. This would have a 40% chance when you hit them.

Earthern Fury : Level 40
Damage: 105 damage per hit. Deals 30 damage to the caster on hit.

Rolling Waves : Level 50 20% consumed when casted.
Damage: 65 damage per hit. Restores 15% mana per hit.

Other spells to add/spells that are in the game already.

Pulse : Level 30
Stay as is.

Hurricane Feet : Level 45 30 mana to cast.
Ability: Greatly increases movement speed for 25 seconds.
Cool Down : Two minuts

Summon Elements: Level 60 100 mana to cast.
Summons the elements. Book hits 100 every hit. Increases movement speed slightly, restores 10% mana per hit. Last 7 seconds. 120 second cooldown.

Flame Shield: Level 15
Stay as is.

Again I don't think they are all balenced perfectly but this is just simply my ideas that I thought I should get out. Any suggestions or anyhting you would like to add would be great.

Aetosion

Obsidian
I think the concept of modifying attacks to have an elemental bonus is a cool idea, and I would support that being implemented. I think the iron golem would certainly be an interesting spell, I'd heard it may go to Necros to beef them up, but lately Necros have become the strongest caster class. It actually makes some sense to give Geo Iron Golem, hadn't thought of that. I don't understand the purpose of Icebolt, but keeping the other spells seems to work.

I don't see the purpose of Flame Fist / Volcanic Fist. One is just an upgrade upon another, rendering the previous spell rather useless. Alot of the values in the skills themselves need some work as well, but that'd be easy enough to do.

I definitely like this idea. It gives Geos a unique playstyle, seems like it would end up rather balanced, and is a very creative idea.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
I think it would make more sense if it was applied to Golden Hoes, much like how fire armor needs you to have a Golden Chestplate. Maybe also additional elemental armors that share a universal cooldown, so if you use fire armor it acts like current but applies it's cooldown to all other elemental armors aswell. Also, I think that the actual effects should be changed, for instance, it would be cool if earth attacks did less damage but knocked enemies up slightly or something to that effect.

Something like a flat +3 or 4 damage to every weapon essence applied on top of the 4 damage the golden hoe would deal, then apply further effects.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
It would fit better for Druids. They are nature-callers

Geomancers are elementalists, from the perspective of whether or not it would fit with them, they are a class that I would imagine attune themselves to the elements and controls them for their powers.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Yeah, Geomancers have been shamanic elementalists since some older RPGs a decade or so ago. It's definetly similar to the Druid in that they both work with the powers of nature, but the Druid has been looked at as a healer, while the Geomancer has been looked at as a melee/mage hybrid with elemental attacks.

If you look at the Shamans from WoW, it's a similar concept.

The skills proposed match Geos more closely than any other class, and give Geos their own combat mechanic.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
Yeah, Geomancers have been shamanic elementalists since some older RPGs a decade or so ago. It's definetly similar to the Druid in that they both work with the powers of nature, but the Druid has been looked at as a healer, while the Geomancer has been looked at as a melee/mage hybrid with elemental attacks.

The skills proposed match Geos more closely than any other class, and give Geos their own combat mechanic.

Geomancer

Edit - If you dont know what it means, elemental attacks based on biome.

Glent

Glowing Redstone

Geomancer

That would be an interesting ability - like Forage, having a different effect depending on your biome.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand

Geomancer

That would be an interesting ability - like Forage, having a different effect depending on your biome.

Perhaps that could be for all abilities. GeoBall, GeoAura, ect. Each having a different effect according to the biome, and even could be intensifed if said biome is having 'weather'. (So Geomancers could get a buff if it is raining or snowing.)

Glent

Glowing Redstone
Perhaps that could be for all abilities. GeoBall, GeoAura, ect. Each having a different effect according to the biome, and even could be intensifed if said biome is having 'weather'. (So Geomancers could get a buff if it is raining or snowing.)

While interesting it would make the class incredibly unreliable, I would rather it just be a single skill. "Geomancy", "Elemental Call", something like that.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand

While interesting it would make the class incredibly unreliable, I would rather it just be a single skill. "Geomancy", "Elemental Call", something like that.

Not if its balanced, for example, 'Geoball' will deal 15 damage, however, biome would effect it's ability, for example, it will slow in a snow biome, burn in a desert biome, poison in a swamp... ect.

Perhaps even skills that can randomly change the weather.

Glent

Glowing Redstone

Not if its balanced, for example, 'Geoball' will deal 15 damage, however, biome would effect it's ability, for example, it will slow in a snow biome, burn in a desert biome, poison in a swamp... ect.

Perhaps even skills that can randomly change the weather.

Might actually be really interesting, and would allow for alot of possibilities without saturating them with skills. However, I'm not sure if this is what the developers want to do.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
All of these ideas sound great. Having a spell like forage (Biom based) would be interesting and unique.

Sorry for putting this up, but wouldn't this fit better for Disciples?

Just because it is "fist: based spells dosn't make it disiple spells.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
How would it ruin the point of being a caster? Your still casting spells, setting people on fire, freezeing them, and doing other magical things just not from afar. If you are worried about them being overpowered then tweak the damage.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
EDIT: I'm bumping this thread because I think it would be great to have a "up close" caster class. Having one would increase the variety and PVP techniques for the caster class. Alot of these spells are loosly based off of enchancement shamans from World of warcraft. I have edited some spells and the decription.

I am thinking that geos could become more of a class that uses their fists or a melee weapon in battle but have spells that would bind to their fists or weapon much like a ranger binds spells to their arrow (poison arrow etc). I have a few suggestions but not really any idea on how to balance the damage.

Here are some of the skills I have thought of if these idea was ever put into game. (not balanced perfectly but things can be adjusted).

Main weapon : Book (55 Damage)

Armor: Helm : Leather, Possibly chain, Gold
Chest : Leather, Gold
Legs : Leather, Gold, Chain
Boots : Leather, Gold, Chain

These are spells that bind to your fist:

Ember : Level 1 2% mana per hit.
Damage: 60 damage per hit. Lights victim on fire for 10 damage per second for 3 seconds.

Icy Touch : Level 10 5% mana per hit.
Damage: 70 per hit plus punch damage. Slows target slightly for 3 seconds.

Shocking blows : Level 25 5% mana per hit.
Damage: 75 damage per hit and increases users mouvment speed slightly every hit. Other possibility is sends target in a random direction (one or two blocks) every hit. This would have a 40% chance when you hit them.

Earthern Fury : Level 40
Damage: 105 damage per hit. Deals 30 damage to the caster on hit.

Rolling Waves : Level 50 20% consumed when casted.
Damage: 65 damage per hit. Restores 15% mana per hit.

Other spells to add/spells that are in the game already.

Pulse : Level 30
Stay as is.

Hurricane Feet : Level 45 30 mana to cast.
Ability: Greatly increases movement speed for 25 seconds.
Cool Down : Two minuts

Summon Elements: Level 60 100 mana to cast.
Summons the elements. Book hits 100 every hit. Increases movement speed slightly, restores 10% mana per hit. Last 7 seconds. 120 second cooldown.

Flame Shield: Level 15
Stay as is.

Again I don't think they are all balenced perfectly but this is just simply my ideas that I thought I should get out. Any suggestions or anyhting you would like to add would be great.
IcyTouch- depending on the slow will depend on weather this is over powered or not. If its icy aura slow, overpowered, if it's impale slow, overpowered, if its constrict slow, overpowered.
Rolling Waves mana back would mean Geomancer never is out of mana.
Hurricane Feet movement speed seem's like one and Geomancer can run backwards with this speed buff.
Summon Elements- 100 damage? MORE than all warrrior classes. Movement speed again will make it to where geo has a mini one. Mana back =/= balanced. I would need to hit you 10 times to get my mana back up to full.
And are the skills in your perspective going to be added to Geomancer or replaced with the current skills? This class would be insanely overpower'ed if you deepfreeze someone then hit the shit out of them with Summon Element's, same for if Geomancer uses IcyAura.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
This would replace all the geomancer skills, it's basically a remake of the geomancer class. As I said before, it can be tweaked. Icytouch would be a very minor slow. I don't see the problem with hurricane feet, it's just a quicken for geomancers. If these skills were added, why would you run backwards if you need to get them upclose. Rolling Waves could have the mana that is restored lowered to 3% mana or 5% mana. Summon Elements could lose some of it's bonuses, I was trying to think of a level 60 skill that would combine everthing from the other skills. Compared to the other caster classes, if damage was tweaked a bit they wouldn't be OP.