• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Skill beats /skill

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
My main concern throughout my tenure at HeroCraft has been complaining about how high a Samurai and Ninja's damage was and the lack of skill involved in mowing down lines of players. You couldn't make a mistake as either one of these class; just make sure you're in melee range at all times and spam the left-click button while using offensive skills off CD. Pretty brainless.

Earlier I've been made aware of some tweaks a Ninja may be getting, and its quite exciting. To paraphrase, your damage output will be dependant on whether or not you're sneaking, and whether or not you're behind your target. Face-to-face, a ninja's damage is unimpressive. Gone are the days that a ninja can take down an opponent with left click damage alone. The player has to, wait for it... Be skilled! Gasp! The horror!

I love it, and hope that all classes will eventually be going in a similar direction. "Maximum damage/heals will be possible as long as x is satisfied." That is what is going to seperate the good and the bad players. Coincidently, that is going to make fights longer since it won't be easy to satisfy x all the time. Mistakes will be made, and cause fights to drag on longer.

Weeeeeeee!

Y

ytiggidmas

You couldn't make a mistake as either one of these class; just make sure you're in melee range at all times and spam the left-click button while using offensive skills off CD. Pretty brainless.
That is what is going to seperate the good and the bad players.
cringe

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
W
Melee is more absurd than mouse-over classes? Interesting. Thanks for the info.
When some melee classes deal a ton of damage with the click of 1 button that has no cooldown... With full chain and a diamond helmet. Naw, not absurd at all.

donaldmax1

Soulsand
I don't know about anyone else I choose Samurai because it was a melee class not because I wanted to shoot fire balls.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
W When some melee classes deal a ton of damage with the click of 1 button that has no cooldown... With full chain and a diamond helmet. Naw, not absurd at all.
So you are saying, for example, being a bm, where all you have to do is mouse-over, hit skill then turn around and run while it warms up, skill procs knocking back target, is harder than a class that relies on being in melee range? Makes since to me. 100% agree. However if it were up to me, all non aoe skills should require line of sight all the way through the warm up, so it requires skills to play those classes.

P.s. ninja changes are growing on me, but you can't say melee is easier then moreover skills.

uin153

Legacy Supporter 6
So you are saying, for example, being a bm, where all you have to do is mouse-over, hit skill then turn around and run while it warms up, skill procs knocking back target, is harder than a class that relies on being in melee range? Makes since to me. 100% agree. However if it were up to me, all non aoe skills should require line of sight all the way through the warm up, so it requires skills to play those classes.

P.s. ninja changes are growing on me, but you can't say melee is easier then moreover skills.

wonderbuck, if you cant beat a healer class as a spam left click and hit one button for an insta cast that stops heals, then I think I have one thing to say to you

Get Good