• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Siege Live-Test --- 7PM CST - 08/04/14 (Central Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
The fast leveling and town creation is due to it being tested out. If implemented it will most likely integrate with with the worlds, not replace it. Leveling will get back to normal.

Well this is my whole point I'm making in my post, the increased exp gains and low costs regarding town creation is driving the overall PVP action a lot more. Currently, the only problem I'm seeing with the current PVP world is the overall 'I'm going to have to grind a few hours to even get to a decent hero spec'. Which I'm sure everyone agrees, it's not fun and too time consuming.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
If personal regions are explodable then reduce the price to lwc and increase the amount of lwc a non donator can have cause with 3 lwc for 500 each u cant protect your an stuff

I would personally keep it as it is regarding donator perks. I would however change the LWC chests mechanics by;

allowing them to be blown up after a certain amount of TNT explosions (just like how obsidian is now but with an increased durability)

OR

Allowing a profession like engineer have a 'lock pick' ability. This ability would allow the user a % chance of being able to pick lock a LWC chest. This skill however would require an expensive regent such as 1 diamond block or an emerald block (You get the point) and have a HUGE cool down.

RagingDragon5

Portal
Well this is my whole point I'm making in my post, the increased exp gains and low costs regarding town creation is driving the overall PVP action a lot more. Currently, the only problem I'm seeing with the current PVP world is the overall 'I'm going to have to grind a few hours to even get to a decent hero spec'. Which I'm sure everyone agrees, it's not fun and too time consuming.

It's not the cost of towns or increased exp gain that is making people pvp in that world. It's just because people want to test out the use of tnt. If the tnt is added it will cause people to fight off raiders from their town instead of hiding inside their town avoiding them. Mastering a class should be a grind, I've never seen an RPG game where you reach max level in a couple of hours. What makes it feel boring to grind is the lack of variety of ways to level. Which will be fixed when the Adventure map comes out.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
It's not the cost of towns or increased exp gain that is making people pvp in that world. It's just because people want to test out the use of tnt. If the tnt is added it will cause people to fight off raiders from their town instead of hiding inside their town avoiding them. Mastering a class should be a grind, I've never seen an RPG game where you reach max level in a couple of hours. What makes it feel boring to grind is the lack of variety of ways to level. Which will be fixed when the Adventure map comes out.

I disagree with you completely. I as well as many other big groups have soley went out to just PVP in general. I personally haven't seen anyone or group use TNT anyway so far. Yes the TNT is a nice change but it's down to the low costs of town creation and vastly improved exp gains though both PVE and PVP. I do however agree with you that rpg's shouldn't let you master any class within hours, that's why i suggested lowering it to half of what it is currently is if it was to be implemented(that was my first suggestion made in this thread).

And until we do get a varity of ways to level, increasing the exp gains though the currently grinded solutions is the only way I see is the right way to go. There's no point making reference to the RPG map when it's ETA is 2015. And there is no point having to spend 90% of playtime grinding away until I feel that I can actually compete in PVP.

RagingDragon5

Portal
I disagree with you completely. I as well as many other big groups have soley went out to just PVP in general. I personally haven't seen anyone or group use TNT anyway so far. Yes the TNT is a nice change but it's down to the low costs of town creation and vastly improved exp gains though both PVE and PVP. I do however agree with you that rpg's shouldn't let you master any class within hours, that's why i suggested lowering it to half of what it is currently is if it was to be implemented(that was my first suggestion made in this thread).

And until we do get a varity of ways to level, increasing the exp gains though the currently grinded solutions is the only way I see is the right way to go. There's no point making reference to the RPG map when it's ETA is 2015. And there is no point having to spend 90% of playtime grinding away until I feel that I can actually compete in PVP.

500% is still way too much. Also another point I forgot to mention is that the world is only 750r which means that encountering and going out to attack someone is not that much of a hassle. I do agree maybe boosting up the exp a bit might make it a little better, but not 500%

Beau_Nearh

Portal
500% is still way too much. Also another point I forgot to mention is that the world is only 750r which means that encountering and going out to attack someone is not that much of a hassle. I do agree maybe boosting up the exp a bit might make it a little better, but not 500%

The main factors that is driving such fast paced PVP action on siege so far is;

+ small map! even if the map was doubled in size, it wouldn't have too much if an impact on the pace
+ a faster levelling system, all the new players that join don't have to sink a stupid amount of time to spec or to even get to a point where PVP is a viable option for them.
+ doesn't at all feel grindey and makes it feel like you're making progress though out each hour of playing

Now, if I was to release this as a proper map and keep it. I would only change a few things (I've already said this in my first post but I'll quickly list em here). These would be;

+ decrease the exp to 500%
+ add objectives/ events with special loot maybe?
+ allow all classes/ professions to use TNT
+ increase the scale of what the mobs currently have to double (making mobs harder that is)
+ add dungeons around the map with loot?
+ player shops

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7

+ small map! even if the map was doubled in size, it wouldn't have too much if an impact on the pace
+ a faster levelling system, all the new players that join don't have to sink a stupid amount of time to spec or to even get to a point where PVP is a viable option for them.
+ doesn't at all feel grindey and makes it feel like you're making progress though out each hour of playing

Now, if I was to release this as a proper map and keep it. I would only change a few things (I've already said this in my first post but I'll quickly list em here). These would be;

+ increase the scale of what the mobs currently have to double (making mobs harder that is)
+ player shops
I don't think you understand. This is a TEST world. The whole point is to see how pvp with TNT is, not to create another map. I agree with raging that the leveling shouldn't be so short. Although it provides short term satisfaction, overall it cuts out more fun. I'm pretty confident that when this gets enabled in aegis, there will be more incentives to level up and pvp.

RagingDragon5

Portal

+ player shops

This is not going to be it's own world. It will be integrated into the worlds already here.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
So has anyone actually tested TnT vs town regions or personal regions ? Or is everyone just killing each other ?

Turbo4000

Legacy Supporter 3
So has anyone actually tested TnT vs town regions or personal regions ? Or is everyone just killing each other ?
I think everyone focused on combat levelling so that they could defend themselves against all the fast-paced PVP. It's quieted down a bit now so we can train Miner and get some TnT going. I've got a town set up with a wall so we'll see how it works against towns.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I don't think you understand. This is a TEST world. The whole point is to see how pvp with TNT is, not to create another map. I agree with raging that the leveling shouldn't be so short. Although it provides short term satisfaction, overall it cuts out more fun. I'm pretty confident that when this gets enabled in aegis, there will be more incentives to level up and pvp.

I am fully aware that this is a test world. The point I'm making is that the test world is a hell of a lot more fun to play. However, as I've already mentioned twice now. I would change the levelling to half of what it is, I don't want to have to kill thousands of zombies that are taking at least 15 hits to kill with high tier items. Currently, the whole experience of this feels to me to be a HUGE grind. Most of us don't have that much time to sink into it.

Currently as it is, you have to;

+grind over weeks killing a stupid amount of mobs

OR

+go hunting for some noobs

Grinding for hours on hours, that speaks for itself. Killing newer players to level, well this is a problem because it discourages a lot of newer players away from the PVP side of herocraft. If you find fun in grid ing for hours on end and killing helpless noobs, well. You are a strange, strange guy. And again I'm seeing there will be other ways of leveling. What are these ways? When are they coming? (Don't say RPG as it's ETA is 2015).

Beau_Nearh

Portal
This is not going to be it's own world. It will be integrated into the worlds already here.
Well this soley depends on the community as well as kainzo's decision as stated before. Looking at it so far, I can only see positive feedback on this siege server (correct me if I'm wrong).

Beau_Nearh

Portal

Well the town I'm currently in is building a 'keep' . This should give us (and others) plenty of chances to test out how TNT effects gameplay! :D but yeah, as turbo said. Everyone is just trying to level at the moment so prepare for the big raids ahead.

Avoir

Obsidian
Well this soley depends on the community as well as kainzo's decision as stated before. Looking at it so far, I can only see positive feedback on this siege server (correct me if I'm wrong).

First off you clearly don't know this server to well, this decision isn't going to be made by the community, kainzo will be the only one who decides what happens, none of us have a say.

Secondly leveling on this server may be boring but by all means is not hard at all, I hate leveling in any game but it's really simple and easy on herocraft, it takes me about 5 hours to master with a boost and without one it would probably take me 2 days. If you look at actual MMO's it would take you a solid month of non stop playing to hit cap.

Finally the solution to solving the lack of pvp is adding more content to the actual pvp server, not killing it with mini game servers, heck if you want to play mini-games go to another server,it really isn't hard to find a mini game one.

Make pvp better, more balanced, funner. Give rewards, add titles, actually anything added on a regular basis would make this server a hell of a lot better.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
First off you clearly don't know this server to well, this decision isn't going to be made by the community, kainzo will be the only one who decides what happens, none of us have a say.

Secondly leveling on this server may be boring but by all means is not hard at all, I hate leveling in any game but it's really simple and easy on herocraft, it takes me about 5 hours to master with a boost and without one it would probably take me 2 days. If you look at actual MMO's it would take you a solid month of non stop playing to hit cap.

Finally the solution to solving the lack of pvp is adding more content to the actual pvp server, not killing it with mini game servers, heck if you want to play mini-games go to another server,it really isn't hard to find a mini game one.

Make pvp better, more balanced, funner. Give rewards, add titles, actually anything added on a regular basis would make this server a hell of a lot better.
more fun*

But otherwise I agree. I feel like more 'objects' to pvp over would do the server good. What I mean by this would be outposts/forts and the like. It would be similar to conquest points, except they would be longer lasting + pvp - mobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.