• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Siege Live-Test --- 7PM CST - 08/04/14 (Central Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
CONTEST IS NOW OVER - PLEASE USE THE CHESTSHOP TO CASH OUT YOUR MEDALS (1000s per)

Greetings PVPers!
We'll be testing the TNT regeneration feature and other changes on a live-test server connected to the docks.

Map Size:

The server map size is 750/750 (may be increased)

Time Limit: (Temporary Map)
72 hours (08/07/14 @ 7PM CST)

Ultra-fast gameplay:
FREE Clan/Township creation
FREE Class swaps
x10 leveling rate

Changes:
TNT blows up blocks but slowly regenerates
Players drop all items on the ground (unless a tombstone is available)
Residence use should be enabled for all actions.

Top Clan (Most collected PVP Medals):
Gets 5 cratekeys given to the leader. (Must have at least 5 members)

What transfers?
Nothing.

Goal:
Test TNT regeneration against Town Regions, Residences and Chestshops.

Portal Location: (Docks/Central)
FOLLOW THE REDSTONE BLOCK LINE TO GET TO THE PORTAL.

Last edited:

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Greetings PVPers!
We'll be testing the TNT regeneration feature and other changes on a live-test server connected to the docks.

Map Size:

The server map size is 750/750 (may be increased)

Time Limit:
72 hours (08/07/14 @ 7PM CST)

Ultra-fast gameplay:
FREE Clan/Township creation
FREE Class swaps
x10 leveling rate

Changes:
TNT blows up blocks buts lowly regenerates
Players drop all items on the ground (unless a tombstone is available)
Residence use should be enabled for all actions.

Top Clan (Most collected PVP Medals):
Gets 5 cratekeys given to the leader. (Must have at least 5 members)

Goal:
Test TNT regeneration against Town Regions, Residences and Chestshops.

Portal Location: (Docks/Central)
FOLLOW THE REDSTONE BLOCK LINE TO GET TO THE PORTAL.
ZedpaWv.png
The "Free class changes" I am assuming this means that "everything that happens in this map stays in this map" Correct? No transfering items?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Beau_Nearh

Portal
My overall thoughts so far on the new siege map;

Amazing. Simply amazing so far. Within the first 10 minutes of it going live, I managed to get in a party as well as a town (I haven't managed to do this in PVE & PVP thoughtout playing on HC) as well as genrally having a lot more fun. The exp gains and leveling so far hasn't felt dull or 'gridey' (yes I am aware that the exp gain has been increased by 1000%) and I've been involved in a lot more PVP than before.

Personally I do hope tsiege replaces the current PVP server with a border expansion and maybe reduce the amount of exp gained by half?

My only criticism so far would be the strength of the mobs. I am aware that the mobs scale with distance but maybe the scale should be changed to double what it is now? (Make it so mobs are harder, not easier) It's still fine as it as it though as it encourages a lot more PVP action and a lot less griding.

The future of siege?

Yes I know it's only been a few hours since it's went live but this is still a valid time to reflect on it as well as look into it's future. The following will be a list of what I personally would like to see be added (now would be the perfect time to test a few things you were unsure of before as well as possible class changes, new skills bla bla bla you get the point );

+ protected dungeons dotted around the map (with loot possibly?)
+ capture points again, dotted around the map
+ player shops (if this server is staying as a temp server, this point doesn't matter)
+ have it so all classes can place/ use TNT (I only think miner and engineer has the ability at the moment)

RagingDragon5

Portal
My overall thoughts so far on the new siege map;

Amazing. Simply amazing so far. Within the first 10 minutes of it going live, I managed to get in a party as well as a town (I haven't managed to do this in PVE & PVP thoughtout playing on HC) as well as genrally having a lot more fun. The exp gains and leveling so far hasn't felt dull or 'gridey' (yes I am aware that the exp gain has been increased by 1000%) and I've been involved in a lot more PVP than before.

Personally I do hope tsiege replaces the current PVP server with a border expansion and maybe reduce the amount of exp gained by half?

My only criticism so far would be the strength of the mobs. I am aware that the mobs scale with distance but maybe the scale should be changed to double what it is now? (Make it so mobs are harder, not easier) It's still fine as it as it though as it encourages a lot more PVP action and a lot less griding.

The future of siege?

Yes I know it's only been a few hours since it's went live but this is still a valid time to reflect on it as well as look into it's future. The following will be a list of what I personally would like to see be added (now would be the perfect time to test a few things you were unsure of before as well as possible class changes, new skills bla bla bla you get the point );

+ protected dungeons dotted around the map (with loot possibly?)
+ capture points again, dotted around the map
+ player shops (if this server is staying as a temp server, this point doesn't matter)
+ have it so all classes can place/ use TNT (I only think miner and engineer has the ability at the moment)

The fast leveling and town creation is due to it being tested out. If implemented it will most likely integrate with with the worlds, not replace it. Leveling will get back to normal.

Last edited:

Avoir

Obsidian
If kainzo actually decides to implement this into the main sever it's going to be fun.

RagingDragon5

Portal
So nothing particular was planned in that case, or do you think they'll make a fix? Because if it does destroy residence blocks (as well as having permission to steal items), then residences would lose any asset they may have had in the past.

I believe the reason behind it was to be able to raid towns. With residence I believe being able to destroy those is also a good idea. Kainzo been saying dirted chest is not protection of you chest. People have been using residences as a inexpensive way to to keep their chests exclusive. This will cause more use of the LWC. (Yes I know LWCs are expensive and that it gives a huge advantage to people who donate, but that is a different topic)

Edit: It will also support people joining townships and spawn plots.

Last edited:

Clawscript

Obsidian
I believe the reason behind it was to be able to raid towns. With residence I believe being able to destroy those is also a good idea. Kainzo been saying dirted chest is not protection of you chest. People have been using residences as a inexpensive way to to keep their chests exclusive. This will cause more use of the LWC. (Yes I know LWCs are expensive and that it gives a huge advantage to people who donate, but that is a different topic)

Edit: It will also support people joining townships and span plots.
Oh, indeed. So overall it's a good addition to raids, when you look at it this way. Well then it's all fine :p

Xhazed

Portal
If personal regions are explodable then reduce the price to lwc and increase the amount of lwc a non donator can have cause with 3 lwc for 500 each u cant protect your an stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.