• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Several Questions

1. Is there any plans to allow plots for towny to be bought with real money?
2. Is there any plans to allow in game money to be bought?
3. Is there any way around the 5 person req. for towns?
4. Do we need approval to make anything using redstone?
5. Do you lose classes if you change them after mastering them? If not, do you lose it if its not mastered? (I know the wiki says you lose it all but people in chat have been saying otherwise)
6. If the map gets reset will all the building players made be deleted? If so will there be a way to keep them?
7. My friend can't join the server because it says, "Kicked whitelist connection to rpg pending investigation." Is there any thing he should do or is there a way for him to find out more info about what is going on?
8. If for some reason he gets banned what happens to the money we shared with him? What happens to the residence he claimed for our house?
9. Is there any plans to allow classes to be bought?
10. If I have more questions should I just post in this thread again?

P.S. Can you do something about that annoying mage and his constant thunder?

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
5. Do you lose classes if you change them after mastering them? If not, do you lose it if its not mastered? (I know the wiki says you lose it all but people in chat have been saying otherwise)
6. If the map gets reset will all the building players made be deleted? If so will there be a way to keep them?
7. My friend can't join the server because it says, "Kicked whitelist connection to rpg pending investigation." Is there any thing he should do or is there a way for him to find out more info about what is going on?
8. If for some reason he gets banned what happens to the money we shared with him? What happens to the residence he claimed for our house?

1-Not sure what you mean
2-This will not be added as it would make the server pay to win
3-No
4-For large circuits yes, /pe it in game
5-Levels and masteries are saved
6-If there is a reset, yes everything would be removed. There'd be no way to save anything you've made. Reset =/= restart
7-He should create a ban appeal at hc.to/appeal stating he's banned
8-If someone's banned nothing happens to the money and you'll have to wait for his residence to expire naturally.
9-Again this would also make the server pay to win, so no.
10-The wiki is a great place for info hc.to/wiki

The thunder is a Druid or Wizard using bolt, the sound is global.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8

1. No
  2. No
  3. No
  4. For large redstone, yes
  5. No
  6. The map was just restarted, it is not being wiped
  7. hc.to/appeal
  8. The money and ownership of the residence stays with him. The residence will be removed eventually
  9. No
  10. Sure

Damnit, lightning

What happens if you build stuff in your own little area and someone comes over and tries to steal it by putting a residence up? For example: You find a nice area with no signs of other players so you build your house. Some guy comes by and thinks i like this place and makes a residence locking you out of your own home.
Also is there any rules for building near other people? The wiki says you can't build within 100 blocks of towns but what about random people. Can someone come up and build there house 1 block away from yours. If so is there anything you can do about it?

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
On Haven map:

You can't just take over another structure. There is a detailed process for determining whether a building is truly abandoned before your application to take it over will be considered - it's set out in the Rules. Any other action against someone's structure (apart from raiding chests) is likely to fall under the terms of griefing, which is also against the Rules.

Do put a sign on your house when you build it, then it is clearly your house (but not regioned unless you actually create a Residence).

People building right next to each other when there is plenty of room in the wild hasn't really been an issue, as far as I am aware. If someone's doing it just to be annoying and they keep that sort of activity up, I guess it could be considered whether they're moving into harassment...

Of course, on Ruins map, griefing is legal.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Where did you see this in the wiki? It's quite wrong, and if the wiki can be read to mean that you lose everything when you change I'd like to fix it up.

If he doesn't come back I'm guessing you've lost your money. The residence similarly when it runs out of rent money in his account. If you're currently living in the house you should be able to continue to do so. That's my thoughts on this, but it might not be 100%. Best to get the appeal sorted out so you know what you're dealing with.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions
Fourth question is I want to choose a different class - how do I do that? The answer talks about resetting, but the question is just about switching. It seems kinda misleading.
Ok thanks for that. That answer is about the reset command, which really isn't needed anymore since the start of the new map and the two base classes being automatically allocated, not needing to be chosen. I agree with you the answer is unhelpful - am fixing.