• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Server Status (CHECK HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're back online - having to order $170 backup battery for our raid card. We've dumped $1500 in the last week on hardware/server stuff. OUCH!

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
Kainzo Why is server so unstable atm? it makes me sooooo sssaaaaddddd!!! See what happens Kainzo when you make such an awesome server thats gets so many people addicted to it!?!?! <3 <3 I wanna ppplllaaayyyyyyyyy Master Kainzo, Ppplllaaaaayyyyy..... hahahaaaaa

~Ravynn~

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Kainzo Why is server so unstable atm? it makes me sooooo sssaaaaddddd!!! See what happens Kainzo when you make such an awesome server thats gets so many people addicted to it!?!?! <3 <3 I wanna ppplllaaayyyyyyyyy Master Kainzo, Ppplllaaaaayyyyy..... hahahaaaaa

~Ravynn~
Datacenter guys know about the issue - we're moving to a 1Gbps drop hopefully monday for a trial run to see if it will improve. Otherwise, I am in talks with a new datacenter for the new machine we just purchased. Trying to get us stable - it's not easy sometimes, all the 'big dog' datacenters want $500+ a month to even host our machine.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
wow yeah that sucks =-( I wasnt so much complaining as saying how pathetically addicted I am to your server and it IS the only good one ALIVE!

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
That's about the going rate for a 1GBps drop where I am.

There's a telecom company that runs the main trunk to ATL and they just setup a 125 TBps (yes TeraBYTE) feed (wireless) from DC all the way down to ATL. They dropped by all the local wifi ISP's and were offering 2 MBps for $1/mo to businesses (peers) and reselling IP ranges. We turned them down, my company comes off a 45 MBps DL / 45 MBps UL feed on one tower (another peer who did by a data package from them, we share it.) and we zigzag that down on one side of the tower range, then we have a cable feed at about 35 MBps DL / 20 MBps UL on the other side that powers 2 other towers. (We're limited by equipment limitations to offer only 1.5 Mbps DL and about 500 Kbps UL (case sensitive) to customers in range.)

As a side note, we didn't purchase it because the same company I mentioned earlier as we buy the feed from the same company that owns the tower beside the trunk, and we didn't want to do that in good taste for our partners as they host our wifi equipment and server at the site location and grant us access to maintenance at any time. (it's a gated road and highly secured, they watch the premises since it's sensitive to terrorism/domestic threats such as kids climbing towers and hikers coming up to cut lines. It's happened before when an angry cable customers mistakenly think that the towers up there are related to the cable companies.)

The idiot's probably didn't know it's a main wireless/fiber feed to most of north georgia, not just the cable companies. Anywho, it's happened twice, but some guy came up and shot at the wires with a shotgun leading up to the top of the tower. He got caught and earned himself like 2 years in jail.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Teamspeak 3 server will be down for tonight - I have a ticket in with the host - either the net is down or the machine died - I cannot connect. will be up in the AM time hopefuilly, sorry folks!

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Herocraft is still running on version 1.6.2. In the game launcher, click the edit profile button, and under "Use Version", select 1.6.2. This will allow you to connect to Herocraft for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.