• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Seige must stay

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Right, everyone has their opinions and no one is wrong. However, the way I see siege is it is a server you can just hop onto to have fun, build a shitty little base, not have to spend too much time grinding and mostly. Be involved in a lot more PVP as this is a server you're not fully committing to.

Comparing siege to the current PVP server, the PVP server requires you to;

+ fully commit to a class (there's no point regretting your choice 35 hours into your class)
+ fully commit to grinding that class to a reasonable level (enjoy killing 1000's of zombies)
+ make sure that the town you're creating is safe as it costs a lot to create (the grind to obtain the materials)

Siege takes these factors off the table. You can freely switch between classes without worrying about it costing 400 souls and you not actually liking the class. It doesn't require you to kill thousands of mobs spending tons of materials (materials for armour, tools, regents ect) and time (most importantly) to get to the point where you could have fun pvping (no one likes a low level class without many skills, let's be honest).

It doesn't even require you to spend many hours designing a base as well as creating it (don't forget all the materials, you've still got hours ahead). Take siege temps base as an example (it's called clusterfuck keep for a reason).The walls aren't even made out of the same materials yet it's attracting large groups due to it being quite a large structure that actually has ways of getting in (with active players, about 7 maybe?) Sure, the town gets raided quite a lot, but it's all fun as I'm not having to worry about how I'm going to replace all the materials we've just lost.

Overall siege would be a great addition however, I do agree with others that it requires a few tweeks such as reducing the exp gain from 1000% to 500%. Scaling the mobs to double what it is now ect ect.

Minor note;

Please stop referring to how siege takes away from the whole role playing element of herocraft, until RPG comes out. Stop preaching that any change to the server MUST require a role playing element. If you think grinding Is such an important factor of role playing (the fuck is wrong with you). Please head on over to PVE and enjoy the best 'feature' of role playing. Also, from my time being on herocraft. I haven't at all seen any roleplaying (please correct me as I know for a fact no one has truely roleplayed on this sever).

RagingDragon5

Portal
Right, everyone has their opinions and no one is wrong. However, the way I see siege is it is a server you can just hop onto to have fun, build a shitty little base, not have to spend too much time grinding and mostly. Be involved in a lot more PVP as this is a server you're not fully committing to.

Comparing siege to the current PVP server, the PVP server requires you to;

+ fully commit to a class (there's no point regretting your choice 35 hours into your class)
+ fully commit to grinding that class to a reasonable level (enjoy killing 1000's of zombies)
+ make sure that the town you're creating is safe as it costs a lot to create (the grind to obtain the materials)

Siege takes these factors off the table. You can freely switch between classes without worrying about it costing 400 souls and you not actually liking the class. It doesn't require you to kill thousands of mobs spending tons of materials (materials for armour, tools, regents ect) and time (most importantly) to get to the point where you could have fun pvping (no one likes a low level class without many skills, let's be honest).

It doesn't even require you to spend many hours designing a base as well as creating it (don't forget all the materials, you've still got hours ahead). Take siege temps base as an example (it's called clusterfuck keep for a reason).The walls aren't even made out of the same materials yet it's attracting large groups due to it being quite a large structure that actually has ways of getting in (with active players, about 7 maybe?) Sure, the town gets raided quite a lot, but it's all fun as I'm not having to worry about how I'm going to replace all the materials we've just lost.

Overall siege would be a great addition however, I do agree with others that it requires a few tweeks such as reducing the exp gain from 1000% to 500%. Scaling the mobs to double what it is now ect ect.

Minor note;

Please stop referring to how siege takes away from the whole role playing element of herocraft, until RPG comes out. Stop preaching that any change to the server MUST require a role playing element. If you think grinding Is such an important factor of role playing (the fuck is wrong with you). Please head on over to PVE and enjoy the best 'feature' of role playing. Also, from my time being on herocraft. I haven't at all seen any roleplaying (please correct me as I know for a fact no one has truely roleplayed on this sever).

First thing I would like to say: RPG is already out, that is what the server is. PVP and PVE are part of the RPG experience. RPG is a genre not a gamemode so your comment "until RPG comes out" doesn't really make sense. Siege intention was to test out the tnt feature that is going to be added into the other worlds. Siege will take away everything that Herocraft is if added permenately. RPGs are grind and takes a lot of work to feel accomplished. Once again RPG isn't a gamemode that is going to be added, it's the type of game that the server is.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
First thing I would like to say: RPG is already out, that is what the server is. PVP and PVE are part of the RPG experience. RPG is a genre not a gamemode so your comment "until RPG comes out" doesn't really make sense. Siege intention was to test out the tnt feature that is going to be added into the other worlds. Siege will take away everything that Herocraft is if added permenately. RPGs are grind and takes a lot of work to feel accomplished. Once again RPG isn't a gamemode that is going to be added, it's the type of game that the server is.

Well what ever the new server is, adventure map? Your whole point was correcting that I typed 'RPg' rather than 'adventure'. Shall I just type next time 'the map that has an eta of 2015 that will have lots of fun quests'?. Again as usual, I'm disagreeing with you (feeling a trend coming on here). Grinding for hours to make slight progress does not give the feeling (to me personally) of 'accomplishment' or is remotely fun (why do you think the server isn't full at all times?)

You're also forgetting about the people with very limited time to funnel into this server. What, you don't have much time? Tough shit, you can stay that low level and get shit on having an overall shit experience on herocraft. Now, this is what I would call accomplishments; Creating a base, fending off raiders, being the raider, making new friends and even becoming a town member. Having a very serious approach such as you must grind to even have fun is ridiculous! Grid ing should be a tool used by players to get to higher levels, not a KEY element of gameplay.

Yes the siege sever was originally added to test features regarding PVP changes but again, as I've explained to you many many times within different threads (yeah there is a trend!There has been a lot, and I mean ALOT of positive feedback given regarding it. Sure siege would require some changes (I'm pretty sure I've said this to you over three times now, right?) for it to become it's own, proper server as it is a little unbalanced now (for testing purposes obviously). But I personally, would say this would be a great decision to take as well as grabbing a wider range of the minecraft community.

RagingDragon5

Portal
Well what ever the new server is, adventure map? Your whole point was correcting that I typed 'RPg' rather than 'adventure'. Shall I just type next time 'the map that has an eta of 2015 that will have lots of fun quests'?. Again as usual, I'm disagreeing with you (feeling a trend coming on here). Grinding for hours to make slight progress does not give the feeling (to me personally) of 'accomplishment' or is remotely fun (why do you think the server isn't full at all times?)

You're also forgetting about the people with very limited time to funnel into this server. What, you don't have much time? Tough shit, you can stay that low level and get shit on having an overall shit experience on herocraft. Now, this is what I would call accomplishments; Creating a base, fending off raiders, being the raider, making new friends and even becoming a town member. Having a very serious approach such as you must grind to even have fun is ridiculous! Grid ing should be a tool used by players to get to higher levels, not a KEY element of gameplay.

Yes the siege sever was originally added to test features regarding PVP changes but again, as I've explained to you many many times within different threads (yeah there is a trend!There has been a lot, and I mean ALOT of positive feedback given regarding it. Sure siege would require some changes (I'm pretty sure I've said this to you over three times now, right?) for it to become it's own, proper server as it is a little unbalanced now (for testing purposes obviously). But I personally, would say this would be a great decision to take as well as grabbing a wider range of the minecraft community.

So you want to basically completely change how Herocraft would be played to accomodate you and a few others?
Edit: The only thing that is truly grinding is becomming high levels. Creating towns is easy enough with your whole town helping. That is why Providence got capitol fairly quick, and other towns upgrading fairly quick.
Edit2: Stuff takes time and effort. Becomming max level and getting the biggest available town all in 1 day does not sound appealing, only lazy. There is a difference between trying to make it feel less grindy and enjoyable than basically handing it out.

Last edited:

Beau_Nearh

Portal
So you want to basically completely change how Herocraft would be played to accomodate you and a few others?
Edit: The only thing that is truly grinding is becomming high levels. Creating towns is easy enough with your whole town helping. That is why Providence got capitol fairly quick, and other towns upgrading fairly quick.
Edit2: Stuff takes time and effort. Becomming max level and getting the biggest available town all in 1 day does not sound appealing, only lazy. There is a difference between trying to make it feel less grindy and enjoyable than basically handing it out.

Please explain how implementing siege 'completely change's herocraft? I'm not accommodating for myself and a few select others. I'm lucky to have a reasonable timetable on a weekly basics. Limiting the potential fun of this sever to players who can spare 6 hours per day to play is just mind boggling to why you think this is right. High levels shouldn't take me 1000's of mob kills per level, if I were to find out how much exp it takes to master a class. I'd gladly tell you how many mobs the player has to kill factoring time, health and materials to give you an insight of what is required to reach max levels.

Again your now limiting newer players. Not everyone joins severs in such big groups so that they can all chip in to creating a town. However, I did suggest as you know making changes to siege if it was implemented as an official server. One of these changes would include costs of creating a town (we've been over this many times, feels like I'm listening to a broken record now).

Now onto your 'lazy' comment, I have made many suggestions to changes that could be/ should be made to help balance the siege server. This covers you're points about becoming max level of certain classes as well as creating huge towns.

Also 'there is a difference between trying to make it feel less grindy and enjoyable than basically handing it out'. I haven't see you at any point make a suggestion to changes at all. All I've seen you do is shoot down other peoples suggestions (such as myself) and generally bitch about all suggestions relating to siege. Please, if you've got any ideas other than the adventure map, go ahead. Please suggest them. If not, please only give constructive criticism rather than saying 'no your wrong' or 'it should be like this' without giving any reason or thought into the matter.

Weikauno

Coder
Another thing to take into account is that people have real lives. Some people don't want to dedicate 70% of their time to leveling up on a game, and just want to have something to do to pass time when they aren't super busy. So, imo making an option to play on a less time-consuming server would turn the server over to more kinds of people. You see, there are really two major types of gamers out there, casual gamers and dedicated gamers. They share a common love, but approach the situation of gaming very differently. The casual gamers want to go into gaming doing fun pass-times that don't require much intense or tedious "work", having fast-paced, always-entertaining content. The dedicated gamers see gaming as a competition to reach all of the highest tiers and will play for hours and hours of repeating content to get those big achievements and become a "respected player" and think people should have to "earn the goodies". But really, both gameplay types are nice, having their pros and cons. The casual gamers are usually people who just don't have the time to dedicate, and the dedicated gamers are people who have just made gaming a very high priority hobby in their life.

The fact is, if we want more people to play on the server, we need features for all kinds of players, not just the super dedicated ones.

RagingDragon5

Portal
Please explain how implementing siege 'completely change's herocraft? I'm not accommodating for myself and a few select others. I'm lucky to have a reasonable timetable on a weekly basics. Limiting the potential fun of this sever to players who can spare 6 hours per day to play is just mind boggling to why you think this is right. High levels shouldn't take me 1000's of mob kills per level, if I were to find out how much exp it takes to master a class. I'd gladly tell you how many mobs the player has to kill factoring time, health and materials to give you an insight of what is required to reach max levels.

Again your now limiting newer players. Not everyone joins severs in such big groups so that they can all chip in to creating a town. However, I did suggest as you know making changes to siege if it was implemented as an official server. One of these changes would include costs of creating a town (we've been over this many times, feels like I'm listening to a broken record now).

Now onto your 'lazy' comment, I have made many suggestions to changes that could be/ should be made to help balance the siege server. This covers you're points about becoming max level of certain classes as well as creating huge towns.

Also 'there is a difference between trying to make it feel less grindy and enjoyable than basically handing it out'. I haven't see you at any point make a suggestion to changes at all. All I've seen you do is shoot down other peoples suggestions (such as myself) and generally bitch about all suggestions relating to siege. Please, if you've got any ideas other than the adventure map, go ahead. Please suggest them. If not, please only give constructive criticism rather than saying 'no your wrong' or 'it should be like this' without giving any reason or thought into the matter.
I will try my best to explain.
Please explain how implementing siege 'completely change's herocraft?
Siege basically has everything that Aegis(PVP) has. If Siege were added as it's own world even with the changes you made people would abandon Aegis and go straight to Siege. Siege doesn't change directly how things would run, but it changes the effort put into it thus making all the effort people already put in useless since they can do the same +more in a fraction of the time it took.

Limiting the potential fun of this sever to players who can spare 6 hours per day to play is just mind boggling to why you think this is right.

6 hours a day is 1/4 on an entire day. That is a lot of time and gives more than enough time to get stuff done. I've seen people who get on 2 hours a day and gets more stuff done than people who play longer.

High levels shouldn't take me 1000's of mob kills per level, if I were to find out how much exp it takes to master a class. I'd gladly tell you how many mobs the player has to kill factoring time, health and materials to give you an insight of what is required to reach max levels.

It takes 146,591 (Wiki) exp to get to level 65. Zombies gives about 26 exp from 1500 blocks away from spawn(Wiki). So it would take about killing 5,639 zombies to master a combat. It is pretty extensive, but you have to account for boosts and other mobs as well that gives more experience. Yes it is still a lot, but that is where events are supposed to come in. Which happened frequently last map, not sure where they are this map. There is also conquest points which gives a lot of experience every 5 min for having it captured. Also there are a lot of times when the conquest point is empty so that means easy exp. Increasing it 500% would take 940 zombie kills to master the class, if you decide to add boosts with that would cause it to be about less than 500 kills to master.[/QUOTE]

If they don't have enough people to make a town, then joining one of the availble towns is another option they can use. Also creating a Hamlet with 5 people, which is the amount needed to make one, is pretty easy to do. It's not limiting players if they refuse to do something.

Also 'there is a difference between trying to make it feel less grindy and enjoyable than basically handing it out'. I haven't see you at any point make a suggestion to changes at all. Please suggest them. If not, please only give constructive criticism rather than saying 'no your wrong' or 'it should be like this' without giving any reason or thought into the matter.

I do agree maybe boosting up the exp a bit might make it a little better, but not 500%

I replied to one of your comments saying that I agree with raising up the exp, but not to 500%. That is a suggestion. I've also been giving out constructive critcism, but it feels like you think I'm personally attacking you. Refusing to read something doesn't mean it didn't happen.

All I've seen you do is shoot down other peoples suggestions (such as myself) and generally bitch about all suggestions relating to siege.
I apologize if you feel that way, but it isn't true. I've been giving out counter arguements to why I feel like adding siege as a main world would not be the right choice to take. I'm not saying my ideas are better than others, it's just that I feel differently. I respect your opinions and haven't attacked you or others personally and stayed on subject. Now me saying "So you want to basically completely change how Herocraft would be played to accomodate you and a few others?" may have seem that way, but was not my intention. I have the right to argue and debate over suggestions that are put out into the public. In a debate you have to try to "shoot down other peoples suggestions" to try to prove your point. If you don't want people to disagree and voice their own opinions it's kind of silly to post suggestions where it's all based off of opinions.

RagingDragon5

Portal
Another thing to take into account is that people have real lives. Some people don't want to dedicate 70% of their time to leveling up on a game, and just want to have something to do to pass time when they aren't super busy. So, imo making an option to play on a less time-consuming server would turn the server over to more kinds of people. You see, there are really two major types of gamers out there, casual gamers and dedicated gamers. They share a common love, but approach the situation of gaming very differently. The casual gamers want to go into gaming doing fun pass-times that don't require much intense or tedious "work", having fast-paced, always-entertaining content. The dedicated gamers see gaming as a competition to reach all of the highest tiers and will play for hours and hours of repeating content to get those big achievements and become a "respected player" and think people should have to "earn the goodies". But really, both gameplay types are nice, having their pros and cons. The casual gamers are usually people who just don't have the time to dedicate, and the dedicated gamers are people who have just made gaming a very high priority hobby in their life.

The fact is, if we want more people to play on the server, we need features for all kinds of players, not just the super dedicated ones.

I'm up for the casual gamers. It's just if another world was added that is the same as Aegis, but 10x easier. Nobody would play on Aegis. People will think why should I put more effort than others just to get less.

Weikauno

Coder
I'm up for the casual gamers. It's just if another world was added that is the same as Aegis, but 10x easier. Nobody would play on Aegis. People will think why should I put more effort than others just to get less.
Yes, I agree. There just needs to be something that really distinguishes siege from Aegis so that there will be strong incentive for both, and it can be kept. ;)

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I will try my best to explain.

Siege basically has everything that Aegis(PVP) has. If Siege were added as it's own world even with the changes you made people would abandon Aegis and go straight to Siege. Siege doesn't change directly how things would run, but it changes the effort put into it thus making all the effort people already put in useless since they can do the same +more in a fraction of the time it took.

6 hours a day is 1/4 on an entire day. That is a lot of time and gives more than enough time to get stuff done. I've seen people who get on 2 hours a day and gets more stuff done than people who play longer.

It takes 146,591 (Wiki) exp to get to level 65. Zombies gives about 26 exp from 1500 blocks away from spawn(Wiki). So it would take about killing 5,639 zombies to master a combat. It is pretty extensive, but you have to account for boosts and other mobs as well that gives more experience. Yes it is still a lot, but that is where events are supposed to come in. Which happened frequently last map, not sure where they are this map. There is also conquest points which gives a lot of experience every 5 min for having it captured. Also there are a lot of times when the conquest point is empty so that means easy exp. Increasing it 500% would take 940 zombie kills to master the class, if you decide to add boosts with that would cause it to be about less than 500 kills to master.

Your first point is what I'm trying to make stand out, everyone would leave the current PVP server to siege. This is a great indicator to why siege would be a great direction to go into. It's just PVP but a lot more fun. However, 6 hours a day was just an example. I do agree with you that everyone has different rates in which they get stuff done however this doesn't change the fact that it is way to grindy for a minecraft player base. Sure there are other player bases that are heavily involved in grinding such as world of Warcraft (I think, right?) but I don't think minecraft should be heavily based on it too as it is a sandbox game.

Regarding how the player gains exp. Sure, it would be great if events were introduced but from my time playing on this server again, I haven't seen one event take place with the exclusion of the upcoming 5v5 tourny. I've noticed the conquest points would be a great source of exp however there are two problems
players of this server face regarding them;

+ their hero level is too low to even consider trying to take over it (I'm in this boat)
+ they aren't the most experienced or don't have an actual group to PVP with to capture the point

Onto towns. Newer players from what I've seen are having a hard time joining a town. Yes the forums are a great way to try and get involved but 9 times out of 10 the newer players would just leave the server rather than going though all the hassle. This is why faction servers are very popular as it normally doesn't cost much to set up faction claim and is easy to set up.

I do agree, that was a great suggestion you made with altering the exp gain on siege however, that was the only constructive comment I've gained from you throughout the last few threads )I'm afraid to say). However, I do respect your opinions on suggestions (most of the time, ha).

RagingDragon5

Portal
Your first point is what I'm trying to make stand out, everyone would leave the current PVP server to siege. This is a great indicator to why siege would be a great direction to go into. It's just PVP but a lot more fun. However, 6 hours a day was just an example. I do agree with you that everyone has different rates in which they get stuff done however this doesn't change the fact that it is way to grindy for a minecraft player base. Sure there are other player bases that are heavily involved in grinding such as world of Warcraft (I think, right?) but I don't think minecraft should be heavily based on it too as it is a sandbox game.

Regarding how the player gains exp. Sure, it would be great if events were introduced but from my time playing on this server again, I haven't seen one event take place with the exclusion of the upcoming 5v5 tourny. I've noticed the conquest points would be a great source of exp however there are two problems
players of this server face regarding them;

+ their hero level is too low to even consider trying to take over it (I'm in this boat)
+ they aren't the most experienced or don't have an actual group to PVP with to capture the point

Onto towns. Newer players from what I've seen are having a hard time joining a town. Yes the forums are a great way to try and get involved but 9 times out of 10 the newer players would just leave the server rather than going though all the hassle. This is why faction servers are very popular as it normally doesn't cost much to set up faction claim and is easy to set up.

I do agree, that was a great suggestion you made with altering the exp gain on siege however, that was the only constructive comment I've gained from you throughout the last few threads )I'm afraid to say). However, I do respect your opinions on suggestions (most of the time, ha).

Yes, I agree. There just needs to be something that really distinguishes siege from Aegis so that there will be strong incentive for both, and it can be kept. ;)

Alright, this is a suggestion that would be a compromise. Don't make Siege a main world. Make it an event that happens once a month three times that day(to try to get people from all time periods). All players who join would be set up into two teams. Half of the world is only accessible to team A while the other half is only accessible to team B. Everyone would get to choose what classes they want to be and just use the command to change to that class. It would start off by allowing each team an hour or two to get ready. That means level up and obtain gear. Keep the exp rate at 1000%. Once the ready phase is done the players are teleported to their base and 30 mins is given to build up the base for fortifications. Once the build phase is done, the combat phase starts. The objective would be either to annlihate the other team or take control of the opposing team base. Reviving skills would be disabled, unless there is a way to only allow each person to be revived only once.

@Kainzo what do you think?

Edit:
Didn't notice this post.
You can count on a temp "siege" style server once a month for 3 days. Its popular and if we announce it ahead of time, more will join in im sure!

Still maybe we can incorporate this into it?

Last edited:

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Alright, this is a suggestion that would be a compromise. Don't make Siege a main world. Make it an event that happens once a month three times that day(to try to get people from all time periods). All players who join would be set up into two teams. Half of the world is only accessible to team A while the other half is only accessible to team B. Everyone would get to choose what classes they want to be and just use the command to change to that class. It would start off by allowing each team an hour or two to get ready. That means level up and obtain gear. Keep the exp rate at 1000%. Once the ready phase is done the players are teleported to their base and 30 mins is given to build up the base for fortifications. Once the build phase is done, the combat phase starts. The objective would be either to annlihate the other team or take control of the opposing team base. Reviving skills would be disabled, unless there is a way to only allow each person to be revived only once.

I agree with everything in this post apart from each player only having one life (I can see all the forum posts about 'bullshit death' appearing now :') ).Maybe have it so each team has a 'life pool' that decreases each time a player dies? Capturing an objective adds to the pool, doing other objectives/ tasks also add to it. The event would then end after x amount of days (winning team is the team with the biggest pool left) OR the event ends when one teams life pool is empty?

Xhazed

Portal
I would like for it to be kept cause i cry everytieeem i log in on arigis and see that i havent been able to master a single class because its too boring and time consuming even with boosts its just a pain too much time i die too much and it is just boring so i give a yhumbs up to this pls keep

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
That's not the point. I Love PvP as much as the next guy, but this server clearly labels itself and advertises itself as a roleplaying server. I do think PvP should have a massive and significant role in Herocraft. God, how I'd love to have it if war was taken seriously, to the extent in which people would actually base their relations with other towns on politics and legitimate reason, and not just "Because I'm bored, let's kill people".

We were all attracted to Herocraft, because it was a roleplaying server with an excellent combat-class system and a mature community. What you're playing is based off mainstream MMORPG's which were based off less popular, older Roleplaying games, which were based off the great epitome of Roleplaying: tabletop pen-n-paper's, more specifically Dungeons & Dragons. The roots of Herocraft are within the depth of roleplaying. I'm sure Kainzo and others have recognized Herocraft as roleplaying game ever since the beginning.

Also, I'd like to mention that half, if not more, players play on PvE, making this server, not a PvP server. It may reclaim it's title as a PvP server In the future, but It'd be more logical to call Herocraft an RPG server, if anything at this point.
I joined cuz Xblazed said theres pvp.
edit* mature Community? That's Fuckin hilarious
I'm only a douch with people that I truly dislike, if you get to know me I'm a pretty chill and fun guy.
Yeah your a nice person, its just if you loose a 1v1 you say I poked you in ts and kick me from town cuz your a stuck up prick :D
can confirm.

But if you don't "smarten the fuck up" you gonna get smacked silly.
Whata Fanboy

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Still maybe we can incorporate this into it?
That sounds really fun, as a monthly event. When a player joins Siege during the event there needs to be a 50/50 chance of getting on team A or B. Players are too cynical to make fair teams if they could choose themselves.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I think siege should stay because overall its a good direction for herocraft.

It might sound negative, but this community has proven it cannot be trusted with the freedom promised by a hardcore RPG. Shit just isn't the same since Zeal and earlier - back when towns could actually rely on their neighbors/alliances to protect them, where role play and town politics actually had benefits. Back then, PVE, PVP, and roleplay were all one in the same - it was an RPG. That doesn't work anymore and it really showed with the way things went in more recent maps. By putting PVE on its own map, PVP with towns on one map, and competitive PVP on another map everyone can just do what they liked best and not bother with the rest.

Avoir

Obsidian
I don't think people realize that the PVP world needs more content or people just won't play it, making it a separate world won't do any good, it'll actually just kill the server even more. The solution to pvp revival is to add content into one server, not into multiple other ones.

I've also notice that the people arguing on this thread excluding @RagingDragon5 are not really active in the pvp community at all and don't really know what would bring old players and new players back.

Adding siege on the pvp server as a new addition will help a whole lot more compared to a mini game, plus having it there 100% of the time compared to 3 days a month will add a lot more fun all around.

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
Some features of Siege are being implemented into Aegis, correct? If I've got everything straight, then most people are asking for the exp boost on siege to be implemented into Aegis too. I think that the exp boost shouldn't be put into Aegis. Why? This would remove the point of buying boosts. Along with that, the Adventure map will come out with Dungeons and Quests. Level up faster there. Only problem is, you'll get to level there in about a year. It takes time to make an awesome adventure map. While we're waiting, I think I saw Kainzo say that siege would be a monthly 3 day event?