• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Seige must stay

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Problem I see with this is though, you would have people from PvE raiding people in PvP, that would be rather unfair. This is when items transferring between servers is a bad thing.
The populations aren't distinct. I play both servers, even though I'm not a PvPer. It's not like it's two distinct groups of people.

I guess I understand it why some PvEers might never have a look at Aegis, but I'm stumped as to why some players stay on PvP and don't try out Sanctuary.

The "people from PvE" that you're referring to would either not even think of raiding on PvP, or they're active on that server already.

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
The populations aren't distinct. I play both servers, even though I'm not a PvPer. It's not like it's two distinct groups of people.

I guess I understand it why some PvEers might never have a look at Aegis, but I'm stumped as to why some players stay on PvP and don't try out Sanctuary.

The "people from PvE" that you're referring to would either not even think of raiding on PvP, or they're active on that server already.

I'm referring to PvEers as people who actively play PvE, and PvPers to people who actively play PvP, there are also those people such as yourself who actively play both servers, but the populations are pretty distinct, especially when there are 90+ people online total and 15-25 of those people are on PvP the rest are mainly on PvE, I have no hate for people who want to play on PvE, I just wish the server population was balanced out a bit more to make a better experience for everyone, not just one server, at the moment I just don't see anything like that being done, and it gets very irritating when you would like to get on and play, but its very discouraging not even seeing at least half the server population on one of the "main" servers. Maybe HC is just going from mainly PvP to mainly PvE, but it would be nice to see some balance.

Balance by the way is not making people from server A going to server B, then people from server B going to server A, that just creates a loop. Balance to me is making Server A and B equal to one another in features and player base. Look at all the reasons to be on PvP, except there is only one, and that is its sole purpose, to PvP. Everything else such as mining, building, leveling, and living can be done so much easier in PvE.

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Should just add siege into PvP its dead anyway.

EDIT:

Problem I see with this is though, you would have people from PvE raiding people in PvP, that would be rather unfair. This is when items transferring between servers is a bad thing.
Siege-test was the features for PVP coming in Friday... did you read the post at all? hc.to/siegetest

PVP is getting more conflict, therefore more action. If PVP'ers find that not appealing - then we need to look into something else.

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
Siege-test was the features for PVP coming in Friday... did you read the post at all? hc.to/siegetest

PVP is getting more conflict, therefore more action. If PVP'ers find that not appealing - then we need to look into something else.

No I didn't read that post, and more action is a good thing, I'm supporting this.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Just gunna say here, Nobody plays hc for rpg XD They play it for PvP.... Pvers just think Heroes is cool?

CarChuck

Stone
Just gunna say here, Nobody plays hc for rpg XD They play it for PvP.... Pvers just think Heroes is cool?

The problem is, everybody should be playing for the RPG. This server advertises itself as a roleplaying game, yet It's player base has grown too accustom to a bit more of what you'd find in any other popular minecraft server. That's why people want siege to stay, because the general population wants thrillride, CoDstyle, fastpaced PvP with little to no thought provoking sandbox carnage, nor legitimate roleplaying elements.

I'm my opinion, when RPG comes out, Aegis and Sanctuary will slowly become less and less important because all the new players will be interested in joining the RPG experience the server advertises. Why join one world when you can have the best of all three in the RPG server? it will be including PVP/RPG/PVE elements!

The day we see a single world for everyone to play together on in harmony, may it be for the PvP, PvE or RPG, is the day this server exceeds itself, in my eyes, as a minecraft server, and becomes a true game.

RagingDragon5

Portal
The problem is, everybody should be playing for the RPG. This server advertises itself as a roleplaying game, yet It's player base has grown too accustom to a bit more of what you'd find in any other popular minecraft server. That's why people want siege to stay, because the general population wants thrillride, CoDstyle, fastpaced PvP with little to no thought provoking sandbox carnage, nor legitimate roleplaying elements.

I'm my opinion, when RPG comes out, Aegis and Sanctuary will slowly become less and less important because all the new players will be interested in joining the RPG experience the server advertises. Why join one world when you can have the best of all three in the RPG server? it will be including PVP/RPG/PVE elements!

The day we see a single world for everyone to play together on in harmony, may it be for the PvP, PvE or RPG, is the day this server exceeds itself, in my eyes, as a minecraft server, and becomes a true game.

You have a point, but you are mistaken on something. PVP and PVE are part of the RPG. What you are referring to is the Adventure map. Which will include quests, dungeons etc. PVP and PVE are part of the RPG experience with towns, bounties, clans, etc. So in short version: RPG is already out, but more will be added.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5

Well..... I mean just because it failed at becoming an RPG Server and Became a PvP Server doesn't mean we should say fuck the pvp community and worship the 5 rpg players, whether They Staff like it or not, This is a pvp server

CarChuck

Stone
Well..... I mean just because it failed at becoming an RPG Server and Became a PvP Server doesn't mean we should say fuck the pvp community and worship the 5 rpg players, whether They Staff like it or not, This is a pvp server

That's not the point. I Love PvP as much as the next guy, but this server clearly labels itself and advertises itself as a roleplaying server. I do think PvP should have a massive and significant role in Herocraft. God, how I'd love to have it if war was taken seriously, to the extent in which people would actually base their relations with other towns on politics and legitimate reason, and not just "Because I'm bored, let's kill people".

We were all attracted to Herocraft, because it was a roleplaying server with an excellent combat-class system and a mature community. What you're playing is based off mainstream MMORPG's which were based off less popular, older Roleplaying games, which were based off the great epitome of Roleplaying: tabletop pen-n-paper's, more specifically Dungeons & Dragons. The roots of Herocraft are within the depth of roleplaying. I'm sure Kainzo and others have recognized Herocraft as roleplaying game ever since the beginning.

Also, I'd like to mention that half, if not more, players play on PvE, making this server, not a PvP server. It may reclaim it's title as a PvP server In the future, but It'd be more logical to call Herocraft an RPG server, if anything at this point.

Xhazed

Portal
That's not the point. I Love PvP as much as the next guy, but this server clearly labels itself and advertises itself as a roleplaying server. I do think PvP should have a massive and significant role in Herocraft. God, how I'd love to have it if war was taken seriously, to the extent in which people would actually base their relations with other towns on politics and legitimate reason, and not just "Because I'm bored, let's kill people".

We were all attracted to Herocraft, because it was a roleplaying server with an excellent combat-class system and a mature community. What you're playing is based off mainstream MMORPG's which were based off less popular, older Roleplaying games, which were based off the great epitome of Roleplaying: tabletop pen-n-paper's, more specifically Dungeons & Dragons. The roots of Herocraft are within the depth of roleplaying. I'm sure Kainzo and others have recognized Herocraft as roleplaying game ever since the beginning.

Also, I'd like to mention that half, if not more, players play on PvE, making this server, not a PvP server. It may reclaim it's title as a PvP server In the future, but It'd be more logical to call Herocraft an RPG server, if anything at this point.
Lewl most people were attracted to heros not rpg if it was like that then every nooblet that joins the server would be trying to rpg but not its not like that

Avoir

Obsidian

Depending on the days the PVP server has more people on and some days the PVE has more people on, it has just about the same player base as it is but when more content comes to the PVP side more players will come back and PVP will be the most played server again.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
This is just my opinion: This isn't a kit server or just a plain pvp server. It is an rpg server, it doesn't make sense to play an rpg game that has pvp and not expect to grind. I believe the people who complain about the grind are the people who only cares about pvp and nothing else. I do see and respect your view though, I just see it differently.

Edit: Starting to get off-topic, so I will just leave it here on my part.
how would that make it kit pvp? there is still a little grind but not enough to make someone quit like it does now, I don't think you understand what I'm really saying

CarChuck

Stone
Lewl most people were attracted to heros not rpg if it was like that then every nooblet that joins the server would be trying to rpg but not its not like that
>Implying Hero's plugin has nothing to do with roleplaying, and class designs and names where not inspired by Dungeons & Dragons.
>Implying Hero's plugin was not also a product for roleplaying.

You know, PvP and roleplay are not always two entirely separate things. You could destroy several lost souls as a DredKnight and imagine yourself as a dark shadowy fiend of death and destruction, dressed in black ebony plate mail. Just because you don't express your imaginative roleplaying in chat, doesn't make it any less playing the role of a fantasy hero, or in this case, a tyrant.

Depending on the days the PVP server has more people on and some days the PVE has more people on, it has just about the same player base as it is but when more content comes to the PVP side more players will come back and PVP will be the most played server again.

And when that day comes, we shall rejoice and call ourselves a PvP server. I will at least. I love PvP far more than PvE, and am really excited for this new TNT regeneration feature. I suppose people will now take warfare a little more seriously, considering the newly arisen risks!

Xhazed

Portal
>Implying Hero's plugin has nothing to do with roleplaying, and class designs and names where not inspired by Dungeons & Dragons.
>Implying Hero's plugin was not also a product for roleplaying.

You know, PvP and roleplay are not always two entirely separate things. You could destroy several lost souls as a DredKnight and imagine yourself as a dark shadowy fiend of death and destruction, dressed in black ebony plate mail. Just because you don't express your imaginative roleplaying in chat, doesn't make it any less playing the role of a fantasy hero, or in this case, a tyrant.

And when that day comes, we shall rejoice and call ourselves a PvP server. I will at least. I love PvP far more than PvE, and am really excited for this new TNT regeneration feature. I suppose people will now take warfare a little more seriously, considering the newly arisen risks!
When i kill some1 as ninja or wizard or w.e class i dont think of me being that person i just think, i just rekt some1 and pretty sure every1 else in this server is like that

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
When i kill some1 as ninja or wizard or w.e class i dont think of me being that person i just think, i just rekt some1 and pretty sure every1 else in this server is like that
With a name like Xhazed, we don't expect much.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
OK Devoted, please explain Herocraft PVE to me in all of its complexity
Lets see, PVE is a server where people who don't feel like constantly murdering others ( I understand some like doing this :D ) and people in PVE have a fun social comunity. People can freely trade, train, and build the their wildest epic Builds. :D
I think the only thing that needs explaining is that PVE is currently where the majority of the server resides.
PVP 30 to PVE 60 last time I checked... and 5 of those PVP was just my town... I wish we could move to PVE :_:
Stop being a dick, some players like to kill mobs and some like to kill other players, we all have our personal opinions of what fun is. You shouldn't be judging others by their play style.
Wow, tbh I didn't think you would say something like that >.< I guess you can't judge a book by its cover... or the Online reviews XD

Avoir

Obsidian
Lets see, PVE is a server where people who don't feel like constantly murdering others ( I understand some like doing this :D ) and people in PVE have a fun social comunity. People can freely trade, train, and build the their wildest epic Builds. :D

PVP 30 to PVE 60 last time I checked... and 5 of those PVP was just my town... I wish we could move to PVE :_:

Wow, tbh I didn't think you would say something like that >.< I guess you can't judge a book by its cover... or the Online reviews XD

I'm only a douch with people that I truly dislike, if you get to know me I'm a pretty chill and fun guy.