• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Replace Druid's Bolt.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Excuse me? I'm just trying to make the class more enjoyable play, is there a problem with that?
*says nothing about making the class more enjoyable*
I'm just saying that if you trying to make the class more enjoyable you wouldn't say it's stupidly easy, every class I play is stupidly easy to you I'm just saying you could stop directing you anger at the class and talk to balance about it

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
I'm just saying that if you trying to make the class more enjoyable you wouldn't say it's stupidly easy, every class I play is stupidly easy to you I'm just saying you could stop directing you anger at the class and talk to balance about it
Please stop pulling the "u mad" card for everything you say. You can't miss any of the damage skills a Druid, therefore it is incredibly easy to play and not much fun. Let other people have opinions, it's not up to you to decide who can and cannot have them.

RagingDragon5

Portal
Please stop pulling the "u mad" card for everything you say. You can't miss any of the damage skills a Druid, therefore it is incredibly easy to play and not much fun. Let other people have opinions, it's not up to you to decide who can and cannot have them.

Can you both take it out of here? Thx

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
The "boring to play" argument could stem from the fact that a druid's (offensive) playstyle has no variety

run
root
bolt
ire
do it again when your cooldowns are up

No skillshots, no escapes, and no cc (outside of entangle and earthwall) can make things fairly dull to play as and to play against.

Dragoon jumped on you? Root, bolt, ire
Necro pelting you with Bone Spear? Root, bolt, ire
Ninja trying to stab you? Root, bolt, ire
See the pattern?

Give druids a fireball-esque skill, hell it could just be a beefed up fireball that creates a green/yellow firework explosion at the end, and call it "Natures Wrath" or some other nature sounding name. With a cooldown slightly less than entangle (I'm thinking around 15 seconds) the druid suddenly has to think "do I shoot it every time it's off cooldown but potentially miss? Or do I wait for entangle to come off cooldown to guarantee a hit?"
And then bam! We have a nature themed skill that gives the druid more things to do outside of bolt spam, and the player fighting the druid has more interaction other than "crap i'm rooted, here comes 200 damage"

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Can you both take it out of here? Thx
I agree, this has escalated to the point that I have second thoughts about posting anything for fear of it turning into a huge fight. The same thing happens in-game, I cannot say one thing without being bombarded with rude comments. I wish this could just end so I could be free to present my ideas to the community, but I feel like some people just can't leave me alone. You're not the only one getting tired of this shit.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I agree, this has escalated to the point that I have second thoughts about posting anything for fear of it turning into a huge fight. The same thing happens in-game, I cannot say one thing without being bombarded with rude comments. I wish this could just end so I could be free to present my ideas to the community, but I feel like some people just can't leave me alone. You're not the only one getting tired of this shit.
Bab I agree with you on this part and I'm just not gunna talk if I think it might be an argument ;D

It's true that if you ignore 75% of what a druid does it would be boring to play. It's not like they have to manage 4 healing skills at the same time. Earthwall is also super-duper easy to use, right?

We could also apply the same argument to Cleric. OMG cleric is soooo boring to play. I mean it's just Smite, Smite, Smite, Smite. Honestly, support classes in lots of games spend most of their time supporting, why compare the simplicity of their combat options to the options a combat-focused class has?

On topic, I think lighting is very nature themed, but it's spread out among casters so much that I'd like to see it made intoo something unique too.

Ultanian

Portal
My idea for a replacement for bolt?

Thornroot: A DPS skill, perhaps a total of 200 damage or more over 20 seconds. The caster and target are both rooted, and can only escape if taken damage. When the root breaks no more damage is taken.