• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug /region setpriority permission issue

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
I'm not understanding what exactly is failing and I'm hoping others can pick up my slack here ([USERGROUP=15]@Coders[/USERGROUP]) to make this better for everyone.

Bottom line is, if we need to regrant the setpriority we will.

So I believe I figured this out. And now I feel really derpy. @Kainzo @Danda @Admins

There are 2 references:

In Kainzo's July Notes, he writes:

Townships:
- Sub regions will no longer inherit build rights from the parent region.
- Township display names will no longer force "bold", other colors remain..
- Citizens of the same town will now be able to hurt each other unless they are within their Township Region.
- Sub-region indepth changes here

which references a very small post from Danda, that no one commented on at all except for myself. And I had only asked bout getting group permissions for player groups to be implemented, but didn't understand what Danda was really saying at the time...

With the roll out of a new build of townships the way Subregions work will be changing.
From the release of this update sub-regions will no longer be child regions of the main town region. Meaning that players added to the townships region will no longer have build rights to all sub-regions. This will eliminate the need for secondary sub-regions the same shape as the main region.

However when this update is rolled out townships running the previously mentions sub-region setup will find that their members will no longer be able to build. To fix this you will need to remove the secondary region and add players to the main region.

So tonight, I remembered this post and went and looked it up. With the help of @Xargun - I believe I was able to determine that you just have to delete the old subs and recreate them, giving the appropriate members perms to the subs that you desire them to access...

I removed Xar from town, and made a sub, gave him guest perms, he could access sub. I added him to town region, removed him from sub, he could not access sub, I made new sub with him manager of town region, and he could not access sub until I specifically gave him perms to it.

I hope this helps!!

<3 <3

~ Ravynn

savathaflava

ICE ICE ICE!
Ok, subregions have been working fine since the fix a few days ago, but now I'm having another problem as of today (the 20th). I made a new subregion, and I needed to resize it, but when I tried to delete it I got the message "an internal error has occurred while trying to perform this command", and I am now unable to delete any subregions. I tried relogging and restarting my client, so it doesn't appear to be a problem on my end.