• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug /region setpriority permission issue

savathaflava

ICE ICE ICE!
I had working subregions and everything, and I deleted one to remake it. When I was setting the priority level on the new region (/region setpriority <region name> <ID>), it said I don't have permission to use the command. I tried using /tr, and /town region instead, but it just said the commands didn't exist. I suspect this is probably an issue related to players not being able to use any of the other /region commands. @Sleaker @Ampayne2 (sorry if I tagged the wrong people!)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I had working subregions and everything, and I deleted one to remake it. When I was setting the priority level on the new region (/region setpriority <region name> <ID>), it said I don't have permission to use the command. I tried using /tr, and /town region instead, but it just said the commands didn't exist. I suspect this is probably an issue related to players not being able to use any of the other /region commands. @Sleaker @Ampayne2 (sorry if I tagged the wrong people!)
@Danda - requested the setpriority be removed - he can provide more info as well.

ImTheFool

Stone
The command I'm using is

/town region add guest Plot4 The_Ninja_Monkey

The region Plot4 does exist, and when I /town info Plot4, it tells me that The_Ninja_Monkey is a guest on it, but he still can't build there. This just recently started heppening. I have other plots that I did exactly this with, and it seems to be broken. I tried it on 2 plots, and I can't seem to add The_Ninja_Monkey to either.

Edit: Also, it appears to work the first time you add someone to the region. If they disconnect, then reconnect, it no longer works. I tried removing and readding them, but that didn't seem to work.

Last edited:
I can make subregions but when allowing people to subregions, it says it was successful but they are not able to place or break blocks.Not an immediate issue but just making you aware of it.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
so I am having the same problem everyone else is having. It is really weird. over the weekend, or last week (cannot remember which) I added several people to the region, they were successfully added and could not do anything, break or place blocks. the next day, I made another sub-region the same and added the same people to it, and it worked and they were able to break/place blocks.

now I have another new player, and I have successfully added them to the sub-regions, and they are unable to place/break any blocks in ANY of the subs....

so as of right now, no sub-regions which means cannot protect stuff....

@Kainzo @Ampayne2

so basically, sub-regions didnt work for me, then they DID work for me, and now they don't work for me again....

very weird...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
so I am having the same problem everyone else is having. It is really weird. over the weekend, or last week (cannot remember which) I added several people to the region, they were successfully added and could not do anything, break or place blocks. the next day, I made another sub-region the same and added the same people to it, and it worked and they were able to break/place blocks.

now I have another new player, and I have successfully added them to the sub-regions, and they are unable to place/break any blocks in ANY of the subs....

so as of right now, no sub-regions which means cannot protect stuff....

@Kainzo @Ampayne2

so basically, sub-regions didnt work for me, then they DID work for me, and now they don't work for me again....

very weird...
Please include the list of commands you've tried and we'll take a looksee. @Sleaker @TheYeti - tagged as well.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Lately ( As of today ) we can not add people to town regions. We have tried multiple commands like
/town regions addguest ( Name )
/regions addmember Silverspring Name
And we can not do it. I am almost certain there is a bug report already but I just want to be sure :D

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
Argh, @Ampayne2 whatcha think?

@Kainzo, @Ampayne2

so now, I also cannot add anyone to the actual town region to give them perms either. I get the message that they are successfully added to the region, but they still cannot place / break blocks - even if added to town and subregions either.

used /town region add guest darkunor <name>
so for the hell of it, I tried /town region add manager darkunor <name> still no perms whatsoever
so I was like WTF and decided to go the whole 9 yards and did /town region add owner darkunor <name> --STILL no perms to the town or any of the subregions.

also - I read up above that @Danda requested subregion priorities to be removed. so now what? I didnt know that, and was setting up my town treasury last night. I made it a different priority, got the message saying I didnt have perms to do that, but after looking at the subregion info, it shows it DID change the priority level. now tonight, I get the same error but it is NOT changing the priority levels. so do we keep the priorities previously set or are they being reverted?

and not having sub-regions is one thing, but being completely unable to give anyone perms to the town itself is just crazy. and if cannot add peeps, can you also not remove peeps?

and what if someone's town doesnt meet the minimum citizen requirements because they cannot add people to regions?

and damn I hope my computer parts get here tomorrow night! LOL

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
This thread seems the most populated, so I'll add my bug report here. However there are several other threads indicating that adding people to regions and managing subregions continue to be bugged ( @xxMASSCHAOSx @Entei1234 ) even though this thread by @Rumblestikk seems to say similar issues were fixed a couple of days ago. @BeasttRecon @bebabo10

1. Used the usual region command to add a new player to town. Got the message that he had been added successfully. He cannot break blocks in any part of the town region (we are Capital in size). On PvP. Was outside the town region when I gave the command, but did the same a few days ago and it seemed to work.

2. A subregion in our town has been deleted, but it's still showing as being there. In the following image, I clicked with coal and got the first two lines. Then I /town region info'd the subregion and got the second two lines.

Subregion trouble.PNG

@RagingDragon5 @Jonsoon @yeelowsnow @Osmodian

@Mistyckle perhaps this relates to your probs with build perms too?

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm not understanding what exactly is failing and I'm hoping others can pick up my slack here (@Coders) to make this better for everyone.

Bottom line is, if we need to regrant the setpriority we will.