• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger Rebalancing? (Update 11/26)

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I still think /skill leap would be a great addition to ranger.
Lol if implemented, will hear a lot of suggestions to make this skill take over the 180 degree mechanic from backflip, and let ninjas simply have a weaker Jump, but it could be cool if both were annoying to use (ranger's goes forward, ninja's goes backward, opposite of what each class usually wants).

A weak Jump called Leap would be ideal, or a similar mobility-minded skill, to couple with a "lowering of IceArrow's importance in Ranger pvp" (translation:nerf to ice).

I dream of being able to shoot my next three arrows while maintaining normal (no sprint, but no bow-use slow) movement.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
Sorry, don't like Exploding arrow. The problem with it is the second your enemy sees "Roadkill909's arrow becomes explosive!" They'll turn around, and infinite sprint and jump around in a random zigzag pattern until you miss (Basically what people do 90% of the time when they fight me).

I'd prefer an armor ignoring ammo power, but (for balance) only does 100 damage.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Toggle-able armor ignoring arrows will make remove the Rock Paper Scissors aspect from Rangers (we win against leather/casters but lose to chain+/warriors) which is good, since the server is ahead of the specialization in that aspect, EXCEPT:

Toggle-able armor ignoring ammo will just make Rangers rape everything, so it should a 1, maybe 2 arrow burst that HAS to hit to be worth the large resource costs. Otherwise we will get another skill that achieves a similar effect to Poison Arrow, minus the DoT and plus more direct damage.

-1 for adding more toggle-able arrow skills, at least ones that we can use for 10+ arrows. Rangers lack burst, and they need a burst that they suffer for if they miss with it. Again, the place to balance this out would be everyone's favorite IceArrow.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Sorry, don't like Exploding arrow. The problem with it is the second your enemy sees "Roadkill909's arrow becomes explosive!" They'll turn around, and infinite sprint and jump around in a random zigzag pattern until you miss (Basically what people do 90% of the time when they fight me).

I'd prefer an armor ignoring ammo power, but (for balance) only does 100 damage.
Yes please, even better.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
I think that rangers should get a skill like arrowstorm that ONLY shoots three arrows that have Level I knockback.