• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Pyromancer Needs Change

Would You Like To See Pyromancer Changed

• Yes

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

kk0707

Legacy Supporter 2
I have noticed over the time that Pyromancer is almost unused throught the server , I have picked up the class and have noticed why. The base damage is really high and I like that but, I feel that the skills need a change. I have noticed that you really only have two real skills until you have hit level 40. These are Fireball and Kick, both of which are used by many other classes. I have also noticed that the passive skills like Ignite and Firearmor are very weak due to the fact that they take gold tools to be able to use them. I find that these are useable beacasue the gold onthe server is worth alot of money and that gold tools and armor break very fast.
I would like to see a re-work for Pyromancer. I would like to see Ignite and Firearmor changed so that they would be viable to use and i would like to see less generic skills that even other basic specs can use. I also think that this will intrest more people to play them as they would be able to have more fun with the class through the skills.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I'd still love to see cauterize added, a sort of self heal over time for X health.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
I've played as pyro for quite a while now, i'm starting to like it. I don't know what you mean by ignite but when i look at my skills i see.

Fireball = fireball that does less damage than caster fireball (My fireball does 125 whereas a level 30 caster does 130)
Fireblade = Usefull but a very rare occurance also when it does occur it doesn't do that much damage
Kick = Only usefull vs casters against a different class it is really only used because it costs stamina so we can use it at really not much cost.
Firearmor = I aint wasting ma gold
FlameShield = More utility, usefull vs casters and lava buckets lawl
Fireblast = YAY level 40 and i got my first GOOD skill <3
Blaze = Low damage AOE (Does 10 less than pulse)
Firewave = Aparantly Broken??

The class doens't need a complete re-work, all we need is some unique skills because at the moment all of our skills are recycled from geo or other classes. We are missing around 3 or 4 skills compared to to other classes. I would purpose a slow OR speed buff, maybe a DoT? , some other random skill and maybe a utility skill.

I was thinking that maybe as a level 50 skill they could get something like

"Burning Axe = The axe bursts in flames for 3 seconds dealing magic damage instead of physical damage" this would allow for pyro to fight against the class it's supposed to counter a lot better. It could potentially be OP depending on how long the CD is and how long the skill lasts for.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I think a skill called "Blazing trail" should be added that allows you to move faster for a short amount of time and also leaves a trail of fire on the blocks you run over. The fire would only last a second or two, just enough to set someone on fire.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Kainzo

Firethrower
Shoots a large amount of random fire in rapid succession, mimicing a firethrower.
The closer the target is, the more effective the skill is due to more projectiles being able to hit.

I would suggest using fire charges instead of snowballs as projectiles, giving the randomness and feel of an actual firethrower.

General idea that I would love to see with Pyromancer.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Or at level 60 Pyromancer could get a skill that is like bow strength. It would cause fireballs to fire at twice the speed and hit alot more. Instead of being snow it would be firecharges.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I've played as pyro for quite a while now, i'm starting to like it. I don't know what you mean by ignite but when i look at my skills i see.

Fireball = fireball that does less damage than caster fireball (My fireball does 125 whereas a level 30 caster does 130)
Fireblade = Usefull but a very rare occurance also when it does occur it doesn't do that much damage
Kick = Only usefull vs casters against a different class it is really only used because it costs stamina so we can use it at really not much cost.
Firearmor = I aint wasting ma gold
FlameShield = More utility, usefull vs casters and lava buckets lawl
Fireblast = YAY level 40 and i got my first GOOD skill <3
Blaze = Low damage AOE (Does 10 less than pulse)
Firewave = Aparantly Broken??

The class doens't need a complete re-work, all we need is some unique skills because at the moment all of our skills are recycled from geo or other classes. We are missing around 3 or 4 skills compared to to other classes. I would purpose a slow OR speed buff, maybe a DoT? , some other random skill and maybe a utility skill.

I was thinking that maybe as a level 50 skill they could get something like

"Burning Axe = The axe bursts in flames for 3 seconds dealing magic damage instead of physical damage" this would allow for pyro to fight against the class it's supposed to counter a lot better. It could potentially be OP depending on how long the CD is and how long the skill lasts for.
Thanks for the insight - I was saying a "rework" of skill levels and when you gain them.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
ya, i love the class, as i was a lv 25 beguiler before i switched (didnt like it because it had almost no good skills at that level, meh), but it does need more skills. i only use fireblade when fighting the creepers in my town becuase i cant hit them with fireball because they pretty much turned off in towns. fireball is nice, but as said earlier, it does less than base caster. kick could use some more damage, it atm does less damage than a diamond axe. I know its meant for the silence effect, but if you don't want pyro to have a speed buff or speed debuff on target, then increase silence duration on kick, cause 2 seconds isnt much when fighting a caster with speed skills, as they can turn their speed skills on, they get kicked, then they run out of your range and continue to fireball you or something immediately after because the silence is so short. or maybe shorten the cooldown a bit? instead of 10 seconds, maybe 6?

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Nothing wrong with skill diversity. Hey, bards are a rogue class, but they can heal. ;)
because they are support, stupid
if your going to try to argue with me please don't be a dumb ass about it[DOUBLEPOST=1351132942,1351129784][/DOUBLEPOST]what???[DOUBLEPOST=1351133000][/DOUBLEPOST]don't call me an ass!!

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
if your going to try to argue with me please don't be a dumb ass about it[DOUBLEPOST=1351132942,1351129784][/DOUBLEPOST]what???[DOUBLEPOST=1351133000][/DOUBLEPOST]don't call me an ass!!
You're being an asshole again; if you have a sensible argument, say it, otherwise you have no constructive place here.

The role of pyromancer is so undefined right now and it is a WAYS to go from completion.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Kainzo changing my post. Anywho, pyromancer is fancy for fire and fire is supposed to be destruction, and healing is more of a "Good" type of role such as a paladin's pray.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Kainzo changing my post. Anywho, pyromancer is long for fire and fire is supposed to be destruction, and healing is more of a "Good" type of role such as a paladin's pray.
Fire is good, fire is regrowth. Where forests burn, new saplings grow. Fire is the catalyst.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
This is a pixelated game not a fairy princess story.
Either you're a troll, an idiot, or you're high. I highly doubt the latter, and judge it to be a combination of the first and second. Hopefully a mod sees this and removes this post; couldn't care less at this point about arguing with an incompetent numbskull.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Either you're a troll, an idiot, or you're high. I highly doubt the latter, and judge it to be a combination of the first and second. Hopefully a mod sees this and removes this post; couldn't care less at this point about arguing with an incompetent numbskull.
I hope a mod sees your stupidity.