• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Pyromancer Ideas

So yeh.
I think pyro needs some new skills/abilities.
Right now Pyro has some non-pyro skills like Darkbolt or Darkblade,
Come on, that should be for some one like the Necromancer!
Pyro is about fire not about wither skills or some enderpearl shenanigans.
So, I think Pyro should have some more fire spells, right now it doesn't even have Fireball...
So remove Maim and add Fire ball to Pyro.
Replace Chaotic Strength with
Blaze:
You thrust your self to the air by firing off high pressured fire under your feet (leap 7 blocks + 0.085 per intellect).
(Particle Effect: Red fire works from the feet)
Rename Curse to Burn and change description to You burn your target immobilising their hands.
Replace Cauterize with:
Gentle Flame:
You create a gentle flame that gives your warmth (heal people within 3 blocks by 100 + 0.3 per charisma).
Replace Dark blade with:
Fire Tempest
You set your self on fire giving you a speed boost and igniting anyone who comes near you on fire.
(You set your self on fire for 10s + 0.15 per Intellect and set anyone within 2 blocks on fire dealing 50 fire damage per tick for 8s)
Replace Doom Wave with
Fire storm:
You summon a fire storm(4blocks radius) to a location within 20 blocks of you for 12s.
Anyone inside the fire storm will be set on fire and lots of fire balls will be going off in the fire storm. Fire ball deals
120+2.5 per intellect damage.
(Particle: lots of fire charges and fire works going off)

I think that is how a Pyromancer should be.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
We already have a lot of good pyromancer threads going on right now, might be worth your time to join in the discussions over there

http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/pyomancer-balancing-out-the-flames.50923/

http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/pyro-weapon-blaze-rod.51294/

http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/some-new-skills-for-pyro.51206/

Also it has been stated numerous times that pyro is supposed to be a close range melee caster with fire AND dark themed skills. Dig through some old threads you will find this debate over and over again

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Pyromancer has its current skillset for a reason. It is supposed to be a dark/fire Mage that utilizes melee. It is intended to not have Fireball, because Pyro is a close-range class. I don't think Curse should be renamed, it reflects Pyro's "dark" side. Also, I don't think it really plays into the class's playstyle for it to be healing allies. As for your "Fire Tempest" skill, that would do a total of 800 damage after 8 seconds... I'm no expert, but this doesn't seem like a class that would sacrifice health to hurt enemies. (Proceed to explain why I'm wrong about that.) I disagree with "Blaze", it would just be used as an easy escape. As a melee class, the last thing it would need is to get out of attacking range. Pyro is supposed to be the Mage that doesn't kite. Firestorm looks like it would be entirely too easy to escape while taking little or no damage, though I am not opposed to giving Pyromancer its own "Blizzard" skill.

Pyromancer has its current skillset for a reason. It is supposed to be a dark/fire Mage that utilizes melee. It is intended to not have Fireball, because Pyro is a close-range class. I don't think Curse should be renamed, it reflects Pyro's "dark" side. Also, I don't think it really plays into the class's playstyle for it to be healing allies. As for your "Fire Tempest" skill, that would do a total of 800 damage after 8 seconds... I'm no expert, but this doesn't seem like a class that would sacrifice health to hurt enemies. (Proceed to explain why I'm wrong about that.) I disagree with "Blaze", it would just be used as an easy escape. As a melee class, the last thing it would need is to get out of attacking range. Pyro is supposed to be the Mage that doesn't kite. Firestorm looks like it would be entirely too easy to escape while taking little or no damage, though I am not opposed to giving Pyromancer its own "Blizzard" skill.
Oh dark flames...never really said anything like that in the Wiki and
numbers are just ideas and ...could beOP.
We already have a lot of good pyromancer threads going on right now, might be worth your time to join in the discussions over there

http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/pyomancer-balancing-out-the-flames.50923/

http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/pyro-weapon-blaze-rod.51294/

http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/some-new-skills-for-pyro.51206/

Also it has been stated numerous times that pyro is supposed to be a close range melee caster with fire AND dark themed skills. Dig through some old threads you will find this debate over and over again

Thanks ill look at those threads

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
So yeh.
I think pyro needs some new skills/abilities.
1. Right now Pyro has some non-pyro skills like Darkbolt or Darkblade,
Come on, that should be for some one like the Necromancer!
Pyro is about fire not about wither skills or some enderpearl shenanigans.
So, I think Pyro should have some more fire spells, right now it doesn't even have Fireball...
2. So remove Maim and add Fire ball to Pyro.
3.Replace Chaotic Strength with
Blaze:
You thrust your self to the air by firing off high pressured fire under your feet (leap 7 blocks + 0.085 per intellect).
(Particle Effect: Red fire works from the feet)
4. Rename Curse to Burn and change description to You burn your target immobilising their hands.
5. Replace Cauterize with:
Gentle Flame:
You create a gentle flame that gives your warmth (heal people within 3 blocks by 100 + 0.3 per charisma).
6. Replace Dark blade with:
Fire Tempest
You set your self on fire giving you a speed boost and igniting anyone who comes near you on fire.
(You set your self on fire for 10s + 0.15 per Intellect and set anyone within 2 blocks on fire dealing 50 fire damage per tick for 8s)
7. Replace Doom Wave with
Fire storm:
You summon a fire storm(4blocks radius) to a location within 20 blocks of you for 12s.
Anyone inside the fire storm will be set on fire and lots of fire balls will be going off in the fire storm. Fire ball deals
120+2.5 per intellect damage.
(Particle: lots of fire charges and fire works going off)

I think that is how a Pyromancer should be.
1. Kainzo likes the Dark/Fire lore more than just the pure Fire lore because of his idea of a Pyromancer from games, as well as the extra working room that the Dark designation gives the skillset, otherwise it would be very Frustratingly balanced too much around Fire Ticks.
2. I support Pyromancer having a projectile that is useful for medium range combat, but Darkbolt is currently filling that role well, it even has a downside by making melee less effective throughout the kiting duration. A wither projectile works well for medium range combat, and ChaosOrb works is a projectile that sets on fire, so instead of adding another medium range Fire projectile, I would like instead to see a new way to apply Fire Ticks to targets, without necessarily any other additional damage like the skill FireBall has.
3. You got rid of one of the defining Characteristics of Pyro: Chaotic Strength. Since attributes have been added, Pyro has been uniquely placed with this buff to briefly toggle between a melee and a medium range playstyle, and this makes Pyro one of the more unique playstyles! You replaced this awesome unique skill with.... Jump-For-Pyromancer.... wtf. No jump needed in Pyro skillset.
4. As far as I can tell, "immobilizing their hands" is a Disarm, which is another powerful skill that Pyro has historically never had or needed to be competitive.
5. ANY HEAL FOR PYRO SHOULD REQUIRE THE PYRO TO BE ON FIRE. I also think that pyro does NOT need a heal. It definitely doesn't get an AoE 100 health heal.

6. Fire Tempest: You set yourself and those around you on fire, giving yourself a temporary speed boost as well. Great idea, Pyro could require only minor dmg reductions to receive a small speed boost skill, and Pyromancer NEEDS a skill that sets themselves on fire, to allow for awesome (but resource-heavy) complex gameplay with Cauterize/Flameshield

7. FireStorm: I agree with fixing or Replacing DoomWave.

TL: DR I disagree with adding Jump, Disarm, or Heal skills to Pyromancer!
I agree with adding another way to set Targets/Yourself on Fire, with some mitigating incentive for the Pyromancer (like a speed boost as suggested above) when the set themselves on fire, and with fixing the level 65 skill.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm no expert, but this doesn't seem like a class that would sacrifice health to hurt enemies. (Proceed to explain why I'm wrong about that.)
The justification for Pyromancer setting themselves on Fire is that, in their desire to Burn and Destroy, they are willing to walk through fire.

They don't care if they burn, as long as the world burns with them.

It also just has so much potential to help bring Cauterize/Flameshield back into the rotation, currently underutilized.

edit: You're not "wrong", especially the way u phrased it. Its just two lore interpretations about Pyro's attitude towards being on fire.