• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Some new skills for Pyro

Which skills do you feel are good for Pyromancer?

• Total voters

Ultanian

Portal
Just some skill suggestions :p

I already stated this one in the Scrap Doomwave thread, but here's a edited/clearer version.
RingOfFire- Similar to DreadAura as it is toggled on/off, the caster creates a ring of fire around them with a radius of 4 blocks. Enemies within the range are dealt 50 fire damage every 3 seconds. Also, the skill could possibly have a flame shield effect to allies within the ring. Radius of skill scaled by charisma.

SacrificialFlame- The user sets themself on fire, losing 20 HP per second over 15 seconds. In return, the Pyro gains speed II, strength is increased by 5, and have a flame shield buff. Wisdom reduces amount of damage taken from skill.

FlashFire- The caster strikes the target with intense flames dealing 80 damage, then teleporting forward 6 blocks if successful. Damage and distance of teleport scaled off intellect.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Ok... I will start off with this.

RingOfFire: No... cause of flameshield and such and fire resist.... Won't work. If it were that only flame shield might resist this, fine, but other way, no.

Sacrificial Flame: Uhm... 20 hp par second... let's see.... 300 health for using this skill when you have about... 800-900 health... No thank you, even if you can get a kill with it, you will actually die from using this in a normal condition. 10 hp would be more acceptable, but for 300, no

FlashFire: Now this is something pyromancers would need. How many times do I get running targets that kite me and such and that I have no skills to damage them properly with... Though 6 blocks might be a bit high for some... 5 blocks + int distance might be a better idea for this.

Anyway, that my comment on this.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
My 2 souls:

Ring of Fire is a nice dps boost, but damage isn't really what pyro is lacking in. If you can land great combustion (not an easy task) and have enough stamina to blast off a few other spells you can easily dump around 500ish damage on somebody before the stun breaks. However the gimpy range (and the fact that you have to account for lag) make it an arduous task to hit anyone that is moving.

Sacrificial Flame: I like the idea of sacrificing health for speed (WoW did it very well with blazing speed) it is a good way to close the gap but not strong enough to run away from any bad fight like a goon or wizard so overall I like it. Making it toggleable will give it a lot more gameplay instead of being forced to bleed out your health after your target is dead or you no longer need the speed

Flash Fire: Targeted gap closers are something that Herocraft desperately needs. They address the issue with being kited for days while also not providing a player with a "get out of jail free" skill like blink or jump. With some number tweaks this could be a very useful skill

Ultanian

Portal
Ok... I will start off with this.

RingOfFire: No... cause of flameshield and such and fire resist.... Won't work. If it were that only flame shield might resist this, fine, but other way, no.

Sacrificial Flame: Uhm... 20 hp par second... let's see.... 300 health for using this skill when you have about... 800-900 health... No thank you, even if you can get a kill with it, you will actually die from using this in a normal condition. 10 hp would be more acceptable, but for 300, no

FlashFire: Now this is something pyromancers would need. How many times do I get running targets that kite me and such and that I have no skills to damage them properly with... Though 6 blocks might be a bit high for some... 5 blocks + int distance might be a better idea for this.

Anyway, that my comment on this.
Totally agree with the ring of fire comment you had, I just think a skill similar to flame cloak from elder scrolls is perfect for the class. Meant for close combat, additional dps added onto that.

And with sacrificial flame, it says it in the name. You sacrifice health for so many buffs, all meant for melee as well. Flame shield, speed, increased melee damage, and since you could stack this with chaotic strength just think of all that melee damage... I'd say that's a pretty good deal for 300 HP.
Now, 300 does seem a lot of health, but the thing is that it's dps. You won't die immediately, and if a healer is close you'll regen faster than you lose health. :p
I see what you meant, this skill would probably be more suited towards 1v1s.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Just some skill suggestions :p

I already stated this one in the Scrap Doomwave thread, but here's a edited/clearer version.
RingOfFire- Similar to DreadAura as it is toggled on/off, the caster creates a ring of fire around them with a radius of 4 blocks. Enemies within the range are dealt 50 fire damage every 3 seconds. Also, the skill could possibly have a flame shield effect to allies within the ring. Radius of skill scaled by charisma.

SacrificialFlame- The user sets themself on fire, losing 20 HP per second over 15 seconds. In return, the Pyro gains speed II, strength is increased by 5, and have a flame shield buff. Wisdom reduces amount of damage taken from skill.

FlashFire- The caster strikes the target with intense flames dealing 80 damage, then teleporting forward 6 blocks if successful. Damage and distance of teleport scaled off intellect.
Ring of Fire: I have a small tweak - An AoE low-duration Aura that sets EVERYONE (except party members) on fire. This would also set the Pyromancer on fire, meaning that they would have to use Cauterize or Flameshield to avoid the Fire damage. This would help Pyromancer melee burst (during ChaoticStrength w/Flameshield and RingOfFire aura) but would require complex use of skills to mitigate the fire damage. If the pyro chooses not to mitigate the fire damage, they increase the resources left for skills and the potential to burst an opponent down while increasing the danger they are bursted themselves.

Sacrificial Flame- 1. Flame dmg tends to do 2 ticks of 50hp each... 2. No speed II is needed, use ChaosOrb/DarkBolt to remain in melee distance. 3. Pyromancer already has a STR buff, adding another would be over-utilizing that mechanic. 4. Flameshield is a spell already... 5. Wisdom? Why add a single wisdom scaling skill to the skillset?
ALL THAT BEING SAID: I feel that you are on to something, the skill Cauterize has potential to combine with a skill that also sets the Pyro on fire.

FlashFire: Cool, but Pyromancer has ChaosOrb, which is a ~3 block teleport. Why introduce a new skill? I feel that ChaosOrb is in a fine place balance-wise, but if you want to suggest a buff to the "Pyro-Blink" you may as well suggest an increased range on ChaosOrb instead of another low-dmg medium-range Blink skill.

I agree with Doomwave being replaced or fixed. Currently, it launches enderpearls based off of Intellect but it does not launch the base amount (18) meaning that the skill only throws ~2 enderpearls to the front/right of the Pyromancer, based on INT.
Hotfix: Call it /skill DoomTwo

Last edited:

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
Ring of Fire: I have a small tweak - An AoE low-duration Aura that sets EVERYONE (except party members) on fire. This would also set the Pyromancer on fire, meaning that they would have to use Cauterize or Flameshield to avoid the Fire damage. This would help Pyromancer melee burst (during ChaoticStrength w/Flameshield and RingOfFire aura) but would require complex use of skills to mitigate the fire damage. If the pyro chooses not to mitigate the fire damage, they increase the resources left for skills and the potential to burst an opponent down while increasing the danger they are bursted themselves.

Sacrificial Flame- 1. Flame dmg tends to do 2 ticks of 50hp each... 2. No speed II is needed, use ChaosOrb/DarkBolt to remain in melee distance. 3. Pyromancer already has a STR buff, adding another would be over-utilizing that mechanic. 4. Flameshield is a spell already... 5. Wisdom? Why add a single wisdom scaling skill to the skillset?
ALL THAT BEING SAID: I feel that you are on to something, the skill Cauterize has potential to combine with a skill that also sets the Pyro on fire.

Doesn't cauterize only work on party members and not on yourself?

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
Doesn't cauterize only work on party members and not on yourself?
works on yourself too :D

(not ranting on you fuzy) IMO, pyro's fine. doomwave could obviously use a fix, but every time I play pyro on test, I would hardly use it anyways. its more of a screw-with-enemies kind of skill, and is more fun than it is helpful. BUT it is helpful, especially when you're in a tight spot and at least one EP hits the enemy(s).

the targetted damage/TP as said by dsaw, is not needed. I have almost no problems landing chaosorb, of course I miss a few times, but its not as bad as alot of you make it sound. those of you that have problems landing skillshots, train yourself to get better. pyro shits on alot of classes, it shouldn't win every fight.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
@mikehk

Kk, please clear up my ignorance then... Before I changed to Necro I had Cauterize bound to an item so I could use it, but every time I tried it said something along the lines of target not able to be healed or some such nonsense, even when I was low on health. Was I doing something wrong? Is it cause I had the skill bound? This would've helped when I was getting pounded while building lol. Does it work in combat?