• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion PVP suggestion discussion #1

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Just gonna say: Residences lock off EVERYTHING. Doors, chests, furnaces, even crafting tables. A lec can protect 1 thing at a time. Which is better?
Kainzo made it so you cant lock everything in a res anymore, but didn't turn off the flag so certain users cant acess things, so yeah im on most of those Flags so it dosnt matter to me :p

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Okay, I see your point because I know for a fact Druid has too many skills to manage! So far we've got;

+If this system was put in place, healers would need some sort of compensation due to lack of skills
+If this system was put in place, there should be the same amount of skills per class regardless
Druid to many skills to manage? Da Fuq?

Well I guess 15 is kinda a lot..... But its one of those Cases where it needs a lot of skills and it should have to Manage them if you cant "Manage" a classes skills then the class isn't for you, Ill go druid and w00p u4 ass if you want and show you how to manage skills <3

Xhazed

Portal
Suggestion, remove pve bring back bastion, remove attributes keep the tnt thing and town thing but make it so you dont have to pay that much to raid SAMMY pls buff ninja? Bring back pvp gtp no more having to get books or w.e that shit is to switch classes, they are just there so people buy loot crates so bye pls sorry

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
1. Yeah sure, but adding events to PVE would also be important, in my honest opinion. Special exclusive events on PVP is fine by me, as long as PVE get's at least a bit love. (just a bit)
2. That could work, I suppose. I just remember in Bastion people wanted World PVP > Arena PVP? I wouldn't mind this happening, though it might decrease world pvp.
3. That could work fine. If we also do the unique inventories on different HC servers thing as well, it would add more diversity in items. If we don't diverse them, it'd give incentive for both PVPers and PVEers to go on the other servers.
#. More admins would always be nice I guess. Not too many, but not too few. Needs to be spread over several time zones, and their interest in HC needs to be clear - we wouldn't want half-assed admins. (Though they have a life to lead as well)\"

I completly agree on #1, Probably around 70% of the events need to be on both sides, but maybe 20% PVP exclusive, and the 10% PVE Exclusive. Get some people moving to both sides :D
2. Mhm :D
3. Ehhh, Unique Inventorys... I think Herocraft should have stuff going through both servers. Maybe RPG can get a unique inventory ( Cuz to be honest, I want to to be all custom items and cool stuff to be all by itself ) but otherwise I think its fine as is :D

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Just my opinion, but one major change that needs to happen is making the amount of skills for each class equal.

The point I'm trying to make is that currently there is a great disparity in the amount of skills each class has. I know there are a bunch of useless skills, but when you have Dreadknight with 12 skills and Druid with 19 you know you have a problem. The main thing I'm pushing for:
  • All classes have 14 "Real" skills (At lvl 1,5,10,15,etc)
    • These are all skills that have significant impact on combat. Flavor skills that are for out of combat utility are separate, but still need to be taken into consideration when it comes to overall class balance
    • For classes that have too many skills, look for any redundant skills and try to merge them
    • For classes with too little skills...plenty of them are UP for this very reason, but some have a few very powerful skills. Adjust their kit so they have overall more skills, but still balanced.
And I know someone is going to complain about certain classes being different and needing more skills. One solution is that you keep the max 14 skills at a time, but allow a larger kit to choose from. What I mean by this is that classes could have skills with shared cooldown.

Last edited:

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Kainzo Said no to Crits and other % Based chance things
I'm pretty sure I made absolutely no mentions of crits or percantage based things. I said "more critical thinking" as in; you need to make sure your skill set is the correct skill set for the situation you are in. Maybe you misunderstood here, I guess.

The point I'm trying to make is that currently there is a great disparity in the amount of skills each class has. I know there are a bunch of useless skills, but when you have Dreadknight with 12 skills and Druid with 19 you know you have problem. The main thing I'm pushing for:
  • All classes have 14 "Real" skills (At lvl 1,5,10,15,etc)
    • These are all skills that have significant impact on combat. Flavor skills that are for out of combat utility are separate, but still need to be taken into consideration when it comes to overall class balance
    • For classes that have to many skills, look for any redundant skills and try to merge them
    • For classes with too little skills...plenty of them are UP for this very reason, but some have a few very powerful skills. Adjust their kit so they have overall more skills, but still balanced.
And I know someone is going to complain about certain classes being different and needing more skills. One solution is that you keep the max 14 skills at a time, but allow a larger kit to choose from. What I mean by this is that classes could have skills with shared cooldown.
This would also be pretty important in regards to balance, I suppose. Even with only 14 skills, ("only") you could still have a class that has a high diversity of skills (e.g. Ranger). I do want to post a longer response, but I just woke up, so I'm still a bit tired.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I'm pretty sure I made absolutely no mentions of crits or percantage based things. I said "more critical thinking" as in; you need to make sure your skill set is the correct skill set for the situation you are in. Maybe you misunderstood here, I guess.

This would also be pretty important in regards to balance, I suppose. Even with only 14 skills, ("only") you could still have a class that has a high diversity of skills (e.g. Ranger). I do want to post a longer response, but I just woke up, so I'm still a bit tired.
I just got rekt ADHD OP plz nerf

Vongard

Legacy Supporter 7
i was going to post here but instead made my own post.
heres the link: dft.ba/-PVPvsPVE

essentially i present the option or removing one or the other entirely.

Xhazed

Portal
Why you f palm me hard ultanchopy dude thats a suggestion how is that dumb i mean you hurt my feeling right now pls remove it i cry for my kdr on forums

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I completly agree on #1, Probably around 70% of the events need to be on both sides, but maybe 20% PVP exclusive, and the 10% PVE Exclusive. Get some people moving to both sides :D
2. Mhm :D
3. Ehhh, Unique Inventorys... I think Herocraft should have stuff going through both servers. Maybe RPG can get a unique inventory ( Cuz to be honest, I want to to be all custom items and cool stuff to be all by itself ) but otherwise I think its fine as is :D
No. Just no.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Make all events pvp exclusive and take away township on pve especially with township 3.0 no point of havin power in PvE

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Make all events pvp exclusive and take away township on pve especially with township 3.0 no point of havin power in PvE
Stupid how they try to cater the PVP part of the plugin also to the people who hate PVP, they wanted their own world now they have it.