• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion PVP suggestion discussion #1

Beau_Nearh

Portal
This is the first of the discussion threads! So yeah, welcome. Anyway, I will be making a series of threads quoting suggestions made on; http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/vent-your-opinion-on-pvp.55365/ so that the community can give feed back onto why it is infact a good OR bad suggestion and how we would like to see it implemented! (Could even lead to polls being created further down the line once we get a general direction set). Just like the other thread, I will be setting a guideline for posting within this thread.

Guideline for posting as I don't want any arguments or anything irrelevant (to an extent) posted on this thread;

+ No pointless arguments, give constructive feedback and reasoning
+ Feel free to express your views on certain suggestions but please be civil when expressing
+ keep on topic (I will list each suggestion with a number. When giving feedback, make it clear that you are replying to that specific suggestion by adding a title. For example 'Suggestion #1' as the first line, leave a gap then your feedback).
+ No arguments, I cannot stress this point enough. Please don't just 'shit post' or try to provoke other users as I will ask the mods to delete your comment.

General goal of this thread

The general goal of this specific thread is to discuss a few suggestions made on; http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/vent-your-opinion-on-pvp.55365/. Because of how lengthy some suggestions are, I may bullet point key bits (if I miss something, please feel free to message me and tell me). Another point to add is that each thread like this will discuss up to 5 different suggestions at one given time so it's a lot easier to follow. Thanks in advance!

Note; if my brief summary of the suggestions doesn't make it clear, please refer back to the previous thread and read into the whole suggestion. Also, to the users who have suggested and I haven't quoted your suggestion. It will come within the next thread soon after we've went though this one. :)

Suggestions;

Suggestion #1 made by; @MCderpy12

+PVE needs to loose ability to create towns, residencies ect
+PVE gets reset monthly
+Introduce PVE as more of a stepping stone for users to get used to the plugins
+Give PVP a 30% EXP bonus

Suggestion #2 made by; @Trazil

+Add rewards for playing in PVP over PVE
+address balance issues urgently
+Bring Samurai back
+make attributes a lot more easier to use as it's too complicated as it is now

Suggestion #3 made by; @devotedworker

+Add special exclusive events to PVP
+Add a arena teleport ability to all classes
+PVP and PVE exclusive items (eg only certain items are obtainable on each server)

Note; @Jrr5556 did also suggest adding more admins to run more events, links in with this suggestion.

Suggestion #4 made by; @TicklesTheMighty

+Add more of a incentive to play on PVP over PVE
+Keep items separate between PVP and PVE
+Keep exp/ levels separated between PVP and PVE
+Leave PVE as it is and focus more on PVP

Note; @Jasquan did agree with this suggestion and also added that PVP residences shouldn't protect chests and LWC's are causing problems

Suggestion #5 made by; @UltNachopony

+Change how the skill system works within PVP, this would be accomplished by only allowing 4 skills to be active/ used at one time (think borderlands, you can only have a max of 4 weapons equipped at one time. This but in terms of skills).

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I dun like Ults

I'm happy to see you commenting! So, why don't you like it? What would you change to it for you to like it? Also, are the other suggestions good? Which one do you prefer the most and why? (Just general questions :p)

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Okay, a tourny may bring people back. But why would it? What sets it aside compared to just normal PVP?
Rewards, even numbered fights, and sometimes even skilled fights. Overall they are fun to participate in and fun to watch.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I'm happy to see you commenting! So, why don't you like it? What would you change to it for you to like it? Also, are the other suggestions good? Which one do you prefer the most and why? (Just general questions :p)
I don't like ults because 4 skills would fuck over healers

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Rewards, even numbered fights, and sometimes even skilled fights. Overall they are fun to participate in and fun to watch.

Thankyou! I personally have never been on while a tourny is taking place but I've seen a few videos and they do seem tense. But it seems as events is very high up on the bucket list

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Very very good point, maybe the amount of skills a certain type of class varies. Eg healers have 7 while warriors have 4. But yeah, good point you mentioned that :)
Just my opinion, but one major change that needs to happen is making the amount of skills for each class equal.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Just my opinion, but one major change that needs to happen is making the amount of skills for each class equal.

Okay, I see your point because I know for a fact Druid has too many skills to manage! So far we've got;

+If this system was put in place, healers would need some sort of compensation due to lack of skills
+If this system was put in place, there should be the same amount of skills per class regardless

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
The LWC comment was more of a sarcastic side-note, but yeah, the residences in PVP shouldn't protect chests, which I thought they already didn't do?

--OT

I guess I should actually try to write a WoT at some point, might as well be now.

Suggestion #1 made by; @MCderpy12

+PVE needs to loose ability to create towns, residencies ect
+PVE gets reset monthly
+Introduce PVE as more of a stepping stone for users to get used to the plugins
+Give PVP a 30% EXP bonus

1. I'm not feeling particularly keen on this one, as PVE players also enjoy a community like PVP players does, though I can understand if the protecting part was removed (so you'd have to use LWCs to protect your chests/door etcetera, so the regions would only protect against griefing.
2. No, just no, if PVE gets reset monthly, PVP gets reset monthly, I'm stubborn on this, we're also regular players on the server and shouldn't have any creations we make destroyed. This suggestion is basically saying "Let's turn PVE into Warshard; but without the PVP".
3. This part of the suggestion makes the resetting monthly thing kinda decent, but again, there are players that actually enjoy PVE, and aren't hiding PVPers or whatever. I'd be sad.
4. This.. this might be interesting. The actual post said something along the lines of "decrease exp on PVE by 30%" but this is >in theory< the same, except it's worded much more positively.

Suggestion #2 made by; @Trazil

+Add rewards for playing in PVP over PVE
+address balance issues urgently
+Bring Samurai back
+make attributes a lot more easier to use as it's too complicated as it is now
1. This could give people the incentive to play on PVP, and I'd guess the rewards would be PVP related anyways, so it wouldn't hurt PVE much, I believe.
2. Well, duh. This is always a problem in any games. Hence balance patches. This is kinda nulled as it's already happening, but in it's own pace.
3. Why are people so bent on having Samurai? I played on Bastion, but I can't say I played samurai back then, maybe that was a mistake? I don't personally see much value in this, but I guess the community wants their samurais.
4. Also in the works, I believe?

Suggestion #3 made by; @devotedworker

+Add special exclusive events to PVP
+Add a arena teleport ability to all classes
+PVP and PVE exclusive items (eg only certain items are obtainable on each server)

Note; @Jrr5556 did also suggest adding more admins to run more events, links in with this suggestion.

1. Yeah sure, but adding events to PVE would also be important, in my honest opinion. Special exclusive events on PVP is fine by me, as long as PVE get's at least a bit love. (just a bit)
2. That could work, I suppose. I just remember in Bastion people wanted World PVP > Arena PVP? I wouldn't mind this happening, though it might decrease world pvp.
3. That could work fine. If we also do the unique inventories on different HC servers thing as well, it would add more diversity in items. If we don't diverse them, it'd give incentive for both PVPers and PVEers to go on the other servers.
#. More admins would always be nice I guess. Not too many, but not too few. Needs to be spread over several time zones, and their interest in HC needs to be clear - we wouldn't want half-assed admins. (Though they have a life to lead as well)

Suggestion #4 made by; @TicklesTheMighty

+Add more of a incentive to play on PVP over PVE
+Keep items separate between PVP and PVE
+Keep exp/ levels separated between PVP and PVE
+Leave PVE as it is and focus more on PVP

Note; @Jasquan did agree with this suggestion and also added that PVP residences shouldn't protect chests and LWC's are causing problems

1. Yeah sure, I suppose.
2. This is mostly what I agreed with, the only thing would be there to be like a weeks (maybe a months?) notice about it, like "If you don't want to lose all your stuff, you should probably move it, if you plan on living on the other server. Or start anew, if you want that."
3. See above.
4. As long as PVE gets it's updates, MythicalMobs etcetera, then I don't mind. But the wording here makes it sound like PVE should be abandoned, just left as it is without updates. Which I'd disagree with. Strongly.
#. I agreed, yeah, but I just mentioned that I >thought< PVP residences didn't protect chests. If they do, I'm all for removing it on PVP though. No way to protect yourself on PVE (except the whole, kill people if they don't leave your house buisness, but that's weird. Or did they remove that again?). I also mentioned LWCs would be the only protection, I did not say it was a problem.

Suggestion #5 made by; @UltNachopony

+Change how the skill system works within PVP, this would be accomplished by only allowing 4 skills to be active/ used at one time (think borderlands, you can only have a max of 4 weapons equipped at one time. This but in terms of skills).
1. I wouldn't mind having this, though I can see that it would be very, very different to the current "MMO"ish style skill-set we currently have. Might clash even more with veterans, causing more to leave than it would bring back, maybe.

I don't like ults because 4 skills would fuck over healers
Something, something, mess with cooldowns and intensity of the heals? Make the heals worth more, and more of a critical thinking thing? Strategic stuff, like "Do I want to be pure support (have only support abilities, like heals/buffs/debuffs), or do I want to be able to >do< something offensive in fights?"

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Less is more i feel with keybinds, you can make passives to accomplish the other desired effects of the skills replaced. Example lunar lance, you could remove that and add a passive mana on hit that equalled the same amount as it would if you used it off cooldown. There are alot of skills that could be made passives that would simplify pvp. I feel simplifying combat will draw players to pvp as the skill gap wont be as severe.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
The LWC comment was more of a sarcastic side-note, but yeah, the residences in PVP shouldn't protect chests, which I thought they already didn't do?

--OT

I guess I should actually try to write a WoT at some point, might as well be now.

1. I'm not feeling particularly keen on this one, as PVE players also enjoy a community like PVP players does, though I can understand if the protecting part was removed (so you'd have to use LWCs to protect your chests/door etcetera, so the regions would only protect against griefing.
2. No, just no, if PVE gets reset monthly, PVP gets reset monthly, I'm stubborn on this, we're also regular players on the server and shouldn't have any creations we make destroyed. This suggestion is basically saying "Let's turn PVE into Warshard; but without the PVP".
3. This part of the suggestion makes the resetting monthly thing kinda decent, but again, there are players that actually enjoy PVE, and aren't hiding PVPers or whatever. I'd be sad.
4. This.. this might be interesting. The actual post said something along the lines of "decrease exp on PVE by 30%" but this is >in theory< the same, except it's worded much more positively.

1. This could give people the incentive to play on PVP, and I'd guess the rewards would be PVP related anyways, so it wouldn't hurt PVE much, I believe.
2. Well, duh. This is always a problem in any games. Hence balance patches. This is kinda nulled as it's already happening, but in it's own pace.
3. Why are people so bent on having Samurai? I played on Bastion, but I can't say I played samurai back then, maybe that was a mistake? I don't personally see much value in this, but I guess the community wants their samurais.

1. Yeah sure, but adding events to PVE would also be important, in my honest opinion. Special exclusive events on PVP is fine by me, as long as PVE get's at least a bit love. (just a bit)
2. That could work, I suppose. I just remember in Bastion people wanted World PVP > Arena PVP? I wouldn't mind this happening, though it might decrease world pvp.
3. That could work fine. If we also do the unique inventories on different HC servers thing as well, it would add more diversity in items. If we don't diverse them, it'd give incentive for both PVPers and PVEers to go on the other servers.
#. More admins would always be nice I guess. Not too many, but not too few. Needs to be spread over several time zones, and their interest in HC needs to be clear - we wouldn't want half-assed admins. (Though they have a life to lead as well)

1. Yeah sure, I suppose.
2. This is mostly what I agreed with, the only thing would be there to be like a weeks (maybe a months?) notice about it, like "If you don't want to lose all your stuff, you should probably move it, if you plan on living on the other server. Or start anew, if you want that."
3. See above.
4. As long as PVE gets it's updates, MythicalMobs etcetera, then I don't mind. But the wording here makes it sound like PVE should be abandoned, just left as it is without updates. Which I'd disagree with. Strongly.
#. I agreed, yeah, but I just mentioned that I >thought< PVP residences didn't protect chests. If they do, I'm all for removing it on PVP though. No way to protect yourself on PVE (except the whole, kill people if they don't leave your house buisness, but that's weird. Or did they remove that again?). I also mentioned LWCs would be the only protection, I did not say it was a problem.

1. I wouldn't mind having this, though I can see that it would be very, very different to the current "MMO"ish style skill-set we currently have. Might clash even more with veterans, causing more to leave than it would bring back, maybe.

Something, something, mess with cooldowns and intensity of the heals? Make the heals worth more, and more of a critical thinking thing? Strategic stuff, like "Do I want to be pure support (have only support abilities, like heals/buffs/debuffs), or do I want to be able to >do< something offensive in fights?"

Thankyou a lot for this feedback! It's going to help ALOT with the general thought on these suggestions! But I wasn't 100% sure on if they are protected or not too so I put it in waiting for someone to correct me :') but I do heavily agree with you that PVE should also receive some much needed love if PVP does. Honestly from my perspective, PVE is in a good place as it is now. Especially with the new additions such as mythic mobs in the pipeline so we shouldn't really mess about with it and focus more on PVP.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Less is more i feel with keybinds, you can make passives to accomplish the other desired effects of the skills replaced. Example lunar lance, you could remove that and add a passive mana on hit that equalled the same amount as it would if you used it off cooldown. There are alot of skills that could be made passives that would simplify pvp. I feel simplifying combat will draw players to pvp as the skill gap wont be as severe.

This would address a few important issues! In theory if it was all balanced, this would be a great solution but I'm guessing it would take a lot of time to re-code all of these skills. Thanks for giving me your insight on the matter! :)

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
doubt it, mg would make a team and maybe some random noobs.

Well it is up to other players if they would like to play in tourney or not. Players don't have to be active to play in a tourney, so you may see some older faces every once in a while.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Just gonna say: Residences lock off EVERYTHING. Doors, chests, furnaces, even crafting tables. A lec can protect 1 thing at a time. Which is better?

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5

--OT

1. Yeah sure, I suppose.
3. See above.

Kainzo Said no to Crits and other % Based chance things