• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion PvP logging needs a change.

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
I agree with a longer combat timer. I don't have a problem when I run at someone with a diamond sword as they log out, because I never actually started a fight. They made their decision. Stay and fight or log for a bit. What pisses me off is when I do get to a player in time and combat tag them, then to have them run away from me into a no pvp zone is EXTREMELY aggravating. Lag and sync are a big part in this as often your victim suddenly teleports 10 blocks away from you and into a safe zone. By increasing the combat tag time, it will give the player more time and compensate for the lag/sync.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
So you want people to combat log?

I want people to be able to avoid PvP. Don't tell me that they should just ''run'' or ''teleport'', because most classes/specs have skills that counter running (jump, spear, ect), and teleporting doesn't work because of combat tagging.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Let me join the fun. You know what grinds my gears. You find 3 people in a underground base. You plan an attack, you move slowly not to alarm them, you approach them and you attack. You kill one of them before they even realize what is happening, then you turn to the other two and bam log out. Or, here's another one. A group of 5-7 guys get in a party to go out and hunt "noobs" but they see another group running at them, boom log. They were out to pvp but didn't want to die? How does this make since? c12095 can confirm MANY times while raiding, people will log BEFORE they can be combat tagged. It's just pathetic. I suggest the NPC replacing you for 5-10secs upon log out. If you are in a safe place to log out then it's no big deal. but if you're logging out to avoid a fight, that's just bullshit. That is all

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Let me join the fun. You know what grinds my gears. You find 3 people in a underground base. You plan an attack, you move slowly not to alarm them, you approach them and you attack. You kill one of them before they even realize what is happening, then you turn to the other two and bam log out. Or, here's another one. A group of 5-7 guys get in a party to go out and hunt "noobs" but they see another group running at them, boom log. They were out to pvp but didn't want to die? How does this make since? c12095 can confirm MANY times while raiding, people will log BEFORE they can be combat tagged. It's just pathetic. I suggest the NPC replacing you for 5-10secs upon log out. If you are in a safe place to log out then it's no big deal. but if you're logging out to avoid a fight, that's just bullshit. That is all

If you are out hunting noobs, what do you expect? Some people can't ''teleport'' or ''run away'', and it's never been illegal to AVOID PvP. Take into account that, by making it nearly impossible to log out to avoid combat, you are making the game more hardcore for non-pvpers, but a lot EASIER for the PvPers, even though the PvPers already have an insane advantage over those who don't want to fight. This game is ment to be hardcore for both groups, right? Let's keep it that way.

But let us presume for a second that logging out to avoid combat is made impossible. What next? Will you start demanding that it is illegal to hide inside towns, to use recall just before you would have engaged in PvP, to maybe even have it so that all LWCs are removed when a town is being raided? Why not just go ahead and suggest anything which would satisfy the PvPers only, because, really, they are the only people that matter. -.-

c12095

Holy Shit!
If you are out hunting noobs, what do you expect? Some people can't ''teleport'' or ''run away'', and it's never been illegal to AVOID PvP. Take into account that, by making it nearly impossible to log out to avoid combat, you are making the game more hardcore for non-pvpers, but a lot EASIER for the PvPers, even though the PvPers already have an insane advantage over those who don't want to fight. This game is ment to be hardcore for both groups, right? Let's keep it that way.

But let us presume for a second that logging out to avoid combat is made impossible. What next? Will you start demanding that it is illegal to hide inside towns, to use recall just before you would have engaged in PvP, to maybe even have it so that all LWCs are removed when a town is being raided? Why not just go ahead and suggest anything which would satisfy the PvPers only, because, really, they are the only people that matter. -.-

Now your just being pathetic with that last paragraph majoras. Using your logic, keeping this only satisfies non-pvpers, think things through before you make stupid statements like that. There's nothing Hardcore about logging out, you made the choice to venture out into the world, you should live with whatever happens, even I that means dieing. To have the ability to log out on an whim is not hardcore at all. You were stupid enough to get caught, live with your decision.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Now your just being pathetic with that last paragraph majoras. Using your logic, keeping this only satisfies non-pvpers, think things through before you make stupid statements like that. There's nothing Hardcore about logging out, you made the choice to venture out into the world, you should live with whatever happens, even I that means dieing. To have the ability to log out on an whim is not hardcore at all. You were stupid enough to get caught, live with your decision.

Being able to log out at any time after the combat tag is hardcore for the PvPers. This is what I (and others) have been saying. PvPers shouldn't always be able to attack those who they target.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Being able to log out at any time after the combat tag is hardcore for the PvPers. This is what I (and others) have been saying. PvPers shouldn't always be able to attack those who they target.
Yes they should, that's the point. If you are in the wilderness you are in danger of being killed. You made the decision to venture out into the world, so you must accept the consequences. I am amused at the "pvpers" vs "non-pvpers" discussion. As if we "the pvpers" have some kind of crazy advantage on the server?? Is this some kind of joke? It's pathetic that I find someone, and before I can even engage, they log. How is that "hardcore". There is no excuse for it. If they escape the combat timer, then recall, don't log. Chances are, in a lot of cases, they will be camped and die anyways. Accept the death like a man and move on with your day. Don't be a "expletive" simple as that.

EDIT: Majoras......I know for a fact that you like getting into towns and setting a recall. Are you telling me that you think its ok that if you are caught that you should be allowed to log to avoid being killed? Because it's "hardcore" for the townies? They should have "teleported" to you to combat tag you right?[DOUBLEPOST=1352834562,1352833963][/DOUBLEPOST]http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/ant/

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
There's a reason why there's a 10 second warm-up to use recall. Granted, I used to combat log but never defended my actions. I know longer do it anymore, but if you're actually DEFENDING your actions then you have to be pretty low.

macura

Diamond
To be honest, it annoys me but i completely understand why people would log if they were leveling or just a really low level. I only have a problem when groups of people who are pvping log. I completely agree with w0nd3rb0y. We have had fights where our group is split, is in different areas so we are not all together. Around 3 of us run into a party of 6-7 people, the other two people hold them off while i gtp everyone to our position. Once they see that there are now 5 of us instead of 3 the entire other group begins to run, and literally every single one of them logged. It isn't like a poor level 20 rogue, who is just trying to level is caught out in the open and attacked by a a mastered spec. The people decided that they were going to engage us, they only logged out when they realized that they no longer had the upper hand.

This is not about the people who like pvp trying to make it unfair to the people who do not like pvp. In fact, i have found that people who consider themselves "hardcore pvpers" are the people who log the most, because they want to save their precious /pvp stats.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I won't deny PvP logging is annoying, but it is also annoying to be alone and see fucking 300 rush your ass. I may rarely combat log, but that's just retarded. Now its totally a piss off when you both start a fight then the other guy decides to book it and log, that I can see as a problem.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Yes they should, that's the point. If you are in the wilderness you are in danger of being killed. You made the decision to venture out into the world, so you must accept the consequences. I am amused at the "pvpers" vs "non-pvpers" discussion. As if we "the pvpers" have some kind of crazy advantage on the server??

- Group Teleport
- Blink
- Quantum Leap
- Jump
- And soon to be TNT.

...Just to name a few.

^ Some of the many ways in which PvPers can get into towns to attack players. What do non-pvpers have against those that wish to PvP? Traps hardly work anymore. Running is one thing, but with so many skills it's easy for a player to catch another. Teleporting also breaks upon combat so.... yeah. There's hardly any chance for a player to get away. Of course, logging out is the final solution, but because you PvPers get basically zero PvP already (sarcasm), I guess it should be fair to disable ''combat logging'' too.... -.-

Is this some kind of joke? It's pathetic (''Keep it civil'' -Kainzo) that I find someone, and before I can even engage, they log. How is that "hardcore". Because if they were unable to log out, those that wish to engage in combat would always be able to do so. Thus, it would not be hardcore for the PvPers at all. Infact, it would make it easier. There is no excuse for it. If they escape the combat timer, then recall, don't log Try recalling while being chased. Chances are, in a lot of cases, they will be camped and die anyways. So how is combat logging a problem then? Accept the death like a man and move on with your day. Not when they have tools/materials they'd like to keep. Also, ''accept death like a man'' sounds funny to me. I've seen many ''higher up'' PvPers run away from battles, lol. Don't be a "expletive" simple as that.

EDIT: Majoras......I know for a fact that you like getting into towns and setting a recall. Sure do. Are you telling me that you think its ok that if you are caught that you should be allowed to log to avoid being killed? Well, yeah? If they don't manage to get me, then, i'll just log out and come back later. Because it's "hardcore" for the townies? Yes it is, the uncertainty of when i'm going to strike makes raiding more hardcore. Some PvPers actually use this, to make it seem like they're gone, to log back in and BAM, attack the town once more. They should have "teleported" to you to combat tag you right? I don't understand what you mean.[DOUBLEPOST=1352834562,1352833963][/DOUBLEPOST]http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/ant/

As for the ''NPC'' thingy, what would happen if you just normally log out in the wild, to find that, when you log back in, a player had come up to your NPC and killed you (let's presume that you never saw them)? What if a fellow townie comes and kills you, how would anyone know? I thought NPCs were used before to tackle combat logging...?

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
As for the ''NPC'' thingy, what would happen if you just normally log out in the wild, to find that, when you log back in, a player had come up to your NPC and killed you (let's presume that you never saw them)? What if a fellow townie comes and kills you, how would anyone know? I thought NPCs were used before to tackle combat logging...?
config the NPC to show names above them

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
And how would this stop players from being attacked in the wild, after logging out thinking things were safe? Also, this form of logging would guarantee a kill.
This would make things more 'hardcore' because players now must hid well or in a safe spot before logging to avoid getting attacked

MajorasMask

Ungodly
This would make things more 'hardcore' because players now must hid well or in a safe spot before logging to avoid getting attacked

Like we've been saying, ''hardcore'' for the non-PvPers, EASIER for the PvPers. How does this balance out?

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
In fact, i have found that people who consider themselves "hardcore pvpers" are the people who log the most, because they want to save their precious /pvp stats.

Wait... what? This coming from the guy who /killed himself 3 times in the span of 30 minutes because, and i quote "I don't want to give you the satisfaction of killing me, because you didn't deserve it".

Like we've been saying, ''hardcore'' for the non-PvPers, EASIER for the PvPers. How does this balance out?

The NPC would only exist for 15 seconds after logging out. Your argument is invalid.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
TBH I say we just leave it be until HC gets its own client and allows for a better config of this stuff. Its not worth the bickering when we don't even know what is possible to be done/what Kain is willing to do.