• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion PvP logging needs a change.

PvP logging has gone through many changes throughout HC. I started in zeal where it was highly illegal to cb log and players got in trouble for it. Dragon guard it wasn't so bad because nobody really did it. But now that this new system has been introduced it happens left and right.

A ninja just has to use smoke and then run away 3-5 blocks so he can log out. Only way to stop it is to get lucky and hit him after he smokes.

A dragoon can superjump and then jump in mid air and log out nearly right after they land without punishment.

A runeblade/Sammy can use one and for those 10 seconds it has the advantage it can log out.

Disciple can forcepush and then logout before the target can get back.

A wizard can root and then log out because it doesn't give a combat tag,

I personally think this is unfair and very irritating because it takes away the satisfaction of getting a kill. It makes it so you don't get their items.

This could be fixed in multiple ways:

1: extend combat tag to 20-25 seconds.
Pros:
players would be less able to log out during a fight
players would not be able to heal during a fight
Cons:
would make killing mobs harder because you couldn't heal
could be irritating if your friend hit you or something

2: Make it so a npc would spawn on you if you logout and would dissapear after 10-15 seconds.
also add a /logout command which would allow you to logout after 10 seconds of slow 4 and would break on combat
Pros
would make combat logging nearly impossible.
would make logging out as you see an enemy nearly impossible.
Cons:
none that I can think of

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
At first I thought you were gonna suggest something stupid that ignores all the wonderful work put into the combat tag system. Yet that is not the case.

You're absolutely right. And extended combat tag solves alot of this.

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
Not sure that I really understand the 2nd point (what is the NPC for?) but the first one is terrible. Some classes have escape/mobility skills as part of their arsenal. If my ability to get away from you is greater than your ability to catch/kill me I should be able to port/heal--and yes, even logout eventually. 20-25 seconds is an eternity in pvp and seems like in would overly punish people for trying to run from a fight (like it or not, running is a legit survival tactic).

And iit would definitely make pve for non healers a pain.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
The first one is terrible. I can't fight mobs if I have to wait nearly half a minute just to heal up. My class doesn't tank extremely well, so I have to heal up a lot while fighting mobs and it would be impossible to effectively heal up if there is such a long combat tag.

There is already other alternatives to combat logging, like using One to run away, Jump/Superjump, Forcepush, Root/stuns. They dont have to log, but just run off and you'll end up with no loot/kill anyway. (You personally use SuperJump a lot to get away from PvP)

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
I personally hate combat logging. I find that the easiest way to counter it, is to make it illegal to combat log if someone in /shout range and wants to kill you. This would be hard to enforce, but alot of people would post videos and stuff, and people would start getting banned. People wouldn't combat log, or risk a ban.

I have no clue why combat logging is allowed.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
I think there should be a longer timer for pvp fights to pve fights? 20-30secs pvp 10secs pve

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Not sure that I really understand the 2nd point (what is the NPC for?) but the first one is terrible. Some classes have escape/mobility skills as part of their arsenal. If my ability to get away from you is greater than your ability to catch/kill me I should be able to port/heal--and yes, even logout eventually. 20-25 seconds is an eternity in pvp and seems like in would overly punish people for trying to run from a fight (like it or not, running is a legit survival tactic).

And iit would definitely make pve for non healers a pain.
He isn't talking about running from a person, there is nothing wrong with running. What he is addressing is people that abuse those skills so they can logout faster, are you saying the escape and mobility skills are there so you can get away and then logout?

As for the actual thread, if combat tag lasted that long it could cause problems, 20-30 seconds is a very long time without the ability to heal. Maybe it's possible to set it up so that after 10-15 seconds you can heal but still can't logout for another 10-15 seconds. As for PVE, i personally don't think that mobs should combat tag at all. I don't see the point in it, could anyone enlighten me about that?

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Simple when you log off a avatar of yourself should be placed and standing still for 5 seconds, if they hit you combat tag is turned on avatar stays till timer is off or you are dead already.

P.S. to make it a tad more brutal, if you die this way, you lose your head.

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
He isn't talking about running from a person, there is nothing wrong with running. What he is addressing is people that abuse those skills so they can logout faster, are you saying the escape and mobility skills are there so you can get away and then logout?

Perhaps I'm confused about the complaint (not surprising since I try my best to avoid pvp). By "abuse this skills so they can logout faster" do you mean that escape skills actually shorten the combat timer? If so, I can understand the frustration.

Or is it that people are using escape skills to avoid being hit/killed so that they can wait out the full combat timer and logout? If so--isn't that a legit use of an escape skill (despite how frustrating it might be to the person trying to kill you)?

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Perhaps I'm confused about the complaint (not surprising since I try my best to avoid pvp). By "abuse this skills so they can logout faster" do you mean that escape skills actually shorten the combat timer? If so, I can understand the frustration.

Or is it that people are using escape skills to avoid being hit/killed so that they can wait out the full combat timer and logout? If so--isn't that a legit use of an escape skill (despite how frustrating it might be to the person trying to kill you)?
It's the second reason and no it isn't a legit use of a escape skill, you should use the skill to get away not to jump or run away just long enough so you can logout.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
PvP logging has gone through many changes throughout HC. I started in zeal where it was highly illegal to cb log and players got in trouble for it. Dragon guard it wasn't so bad because nobody really did it. But now that this new system has been introduced it happens left and right.

A ninja just has to use smoke and then run away 3-5 blocks so he can log out. Only way to stop it is to get lucky and hit him after he smokes.

A dragoon can superjump and then jump in mid air and log out nearly right after they land without punishment.

A runeblade/Sammy can use one and for those 10 seconds it has the advantage it can log out.

Disciple can forcepush and then logout before the target can get back.

A wizard can root and then log out because it doesn't give a combat tag,

I personally think this is unfair and very irritating because it takes away the satisfaction of getting a kill. It makes it so you don't get their items.

This could be fixed in multiple ways:

1: extend combat tag to 20-25 seconds.
Pros:
players would be less able to log out during a fight
players would not be able to heal during a fight
Cons:
would make killing mobs harder because you couldn't heal
could be irritating if your friend hit you or something

2: Make it so a npc would spawn on you if you logout and would dissapear after 10-15 seconds.
also add a /logout command which would allow you to logout after 10 seconds of slow 4 and would break on combat
Pros
would make combat logging nearly impossible.
would make logging out as you see an enemy nearly impossible.
Cons:
none that I can think of
You're QQing.

If you want a kill bad enough work for it a little harder. I honestly have 0 problems with combat loggers. And the second idea has been done before in games like Runescape, it doesn't work well at all, what if you got called to go do something urgent or your house sets on fire? Lets just wait ten seconds because this greedy murderer is crying. I may be using extremes, however, you know I'm right.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
It's the second reason and no it isn't a legit use of a escape skill, you should use the skill to get away not to jump or run away just long enough so you can logout.
I will however, agree that logging out in combat isn't legit even after the timer, its a pussy move, especially if you engage the fight. On occasion I don't mind a PvP logger, I honestly only fight to have a good fight, if I want items I just go mine for them or obtain them by other means.

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7

Meh. On this we'll just have to disagree then. If I successfully use my class-specific skills to flee from combat I do not feel I should have to allow my would-be killer the chance to chase me all over the map in the name of "fair play". If I get away and wait out the timer I'm not letting someone continue to hunt me- I'm logging out and playing Borderlands 2 until they get tired of looking for me.

Northac

Obsidian
I thought the reasoning for escape skills was to allow someone to escape? If they can get away from you long enough to have the timer run out then log, they most likly would have gotten away from you altogether in the first place.

While I understand that it frustrating to have someone run from you when you try to pvp (and yea it is kinda a cowardly move if you log upon seeing someone) Maybe ambushing them would be a better option? Attack them in an area that makes it harder for them to use their skills and then success may be more likly.

And I dont want to sound like a jerk but complaining that you dont get their items makes it sound like whinning, although I do understand the intent I dont believe it helps the argument.

You're QQing.

If you want a kill bad enough work for it a little harder. I honestly have 0 problems with combat loggers. And the second idea has been done before in games like Runescape, it doesn't work well at all, what if you got called to go do something urgent or your house sets on fire? Lets just wait ten seconds because this greedy murderer is crying. I may be using extremes, however, you know I'm right.
That's a terrible reason for not leaving your computer -.- If someone broke into my house I wouldn't even take the time to log out. I never said you had to be active that whole 10-15 seconds, just type the command and leave. How wouldn't it work? (I did a little research) In Runescape you have a chance to hit them for a given amount that is randomly generated. In minecraft when you hit them it's guaranteed and for a set given amount. If anyone hits them make it so there npc won't disappear and then they die.

sed351

Iron
I know most, if not, everyone will dissagree with me, but I believe that noobs need to be able to run away from these PvP'ers... I mean I've been chased down so many times by roaming lvl 60's and I won't lie... The second I see them I log out. It's not like I stand a chance at all. So why suicide and lose all your valuables? Although seeing it from the point of view of the high level killers, it would be annoying to see someone you know you can kill, and have them just dissapear before you can get to them.

But my point stands. Have pity on poor noobs like me!

The first one is terrible. I can't fight mobs if I have to wait nearly half a minute just to heal up. My class doesn't tank extremely well, so I have to heal up a lot while fighting mobs and it would be impossible to effectively heal up if there is such a long combat tag.

There is already other alternatives to combat logging, like using One to run away, Jump/Superjump, Forcepush, Root/stuns. They dont have to log, but just run off and you'll end up with no loot/kill anyway. (You personally use SuperJump a lot to get away from PvP)
Change your fighting tactics. Don't run into zombies and constantly walk into them while killing them. When I hunt mobs I rarely even take a hit. Maybe against the occasional spider or skeleton. And
I think there should be a longer timer for pvp fights to pve fights? 20-30secs pvp 10secs pve
That would fix that problem either way.
Bingy, good idea :p

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I thought the reasoning for escape skills was to allow someone to escape? If they can get away from you long enough to have the timer run out then log, they most likly would have gotten away from you altogether in the first place.

While I understand that it frustrating to have someone run from you when you try to pvp (and yea it is kinda a cowardly move if you log upon seeing someone) Maybe ambushing them would be a better option? Attack them in an area that makes it harder for them to use their skills and then success may be more likly.

And I dont want to sound like a jerk but complaining that you dont get their items makes it sound like whinning, although I do understand the intent I dont believe it helps the argument.

Exactly!

These days, people are so secure in the thought that when someone combat logs on you, you win that if you were to escape from PVP and NOT combat log on them you deny them of this belief and basically troll them. It's pretty funny!

I know most, if not, everyone will dissagree with me, but I believe that noobs need to be able to run away from these PvP'ers... I mean I've been chased down so many times by roaming lvl 60's and I won't lie... The second I see them I log out. It's not like I stand a chance at all. So why suicide and lose all your valuables? Although seeing it from the point of view of the high level killers, it would be annoying to see someone you know you can kill, and have them just dissapear before you can get to them.

But my point stands. Have pity on poor noobs like me!
If they haven't seen you then run/hide and you would likely be fine, and, you wouldn't have to stay logger for an hour. If your still low level then you could also just be a super noob and /hero reset but then you would be out of all your levels. Either way normally running/hiding works most of the time.