• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion PvP logging needs a change.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
j2gay stop stalking me! :(

I don't even see why people are complaining about how this is a nerf on builders. Combat logging has always been illegal/discouraged ever since zeal through dragon guard. Since when in this new map did this rule reverse to it being encouraged?

We aren't re-introducing NPCs at this time, at least not in the ways described in this thread
. The system works as intended. If you can't keep someone in combat for more than X seconds - they can log freely.

Here's what I want to do ultimately (our own game/client/whatever)
If you are not in a "safe" zone (main spawn/graveyard) logging out will take 20-30 seconds. Even if you "disconnect"/crash - your character will be kept on the server (alive/kicking) for 30 seconds until it times out.

This is how most MMO's handle it. This is the road we want to take and will take when possible. "Combat" won't even be a measure in it, your character will stay in game for 20-30s no matter what...

We could make a command /logout - that will take 15-20s to use and once completed your character will instantly log off.

We'll see, but it isnt illegal to avoid pvp.

Why are we still talking about this?

The largest problem I have seen is that players kite an enemy around long enough to count as out of combat despite the player really only being out of combat range.

Why don't we define combat status by proximity? Creating a proximity based combat tag solves the kiting problem while still rewarding those who effectively escape. It can also bundle in the "mobs shouldn't combat tag you" issue if one so chose.

If a player gets hit by another player the server checks for other players within a 10-15 block radius every x seconds. When the check returns no other players (or possibly players who also have a combat tag) the server then counts that player as out of combat.

The only real issue I see is accidental combat being slightly different in that players have to move away for a second. Seems minor enough to me, thoughts?

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
As Kainzo said. "The system works as intended. If you can't keep someone in combat for more than X seconds - they can log freely."