• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion PvP death when you die to fall in combat.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
So, pretty big issue, I've seen players using fall damage to avoid a pvp kill. I was thinking maybe you could implement something to help curve this little dodge.
If you die to fall damage, drowning, or fire damage while in PvP then they die to the person they were last combat tagged by.

Mobs would be the same, but possibly a little harder to do, since they tag you as well.

Last edited:

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
I remember this working at the end of Dragon, so I think it's at least possible to implement

Also if the same could be done for fire, that would be cool

c12095

Holy Shit!
This needs to happen, except I think it needs to be somewhat time restricted. Don't need someone to get a random kill because you die to fall damage 10 minutes later.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I think this definitely needs to be implemented in the case of fireball's fire tick. I question drowning/falling though.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
In what case/situation would it not work out?
Fall damage is flat damage, while drowning damage is large amounts of per second damage. If you kill yourself through either, you're probably taking more damage than any player can do. Plus, fire tick is DIRECTLY related to a skill(s).

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
I remember this working at the end of Dragon, so I think it's at least possible to implement

Also if the same could be done for fire, that would be cool
I remember when this was bugged. I tagged digger one time and 30 min late i got that kill... probably because of fall dmg.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Fall damage is flat damage, while drowning damage is large amounts of per second damage. If you kill yourself through either, you're probably taking more damage than any player can do. Plus, fire tick is DIRECTLY related to a skill(s).

But you'll still be in combat, it's still part of combat to avoid damage of all kind, including drowning/falling. It's strategy to try and knock someone off a hill or keep them under water long enough to kill them, right?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
But you'll still be in combat, it's still part of combat to avoid damage of all kind, including drowning/falling. It's strategy to try and knock someone off a hill or keep them under water long enough to kill them, right?
Considering drowning/falling is terrain-inflicted, I don't really see a reason why they should be grouped with player-inflicted fire deaths.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
If you're combat tagged you're in combat with someone. If you die while combat tagged credit should naturally go to the person that combat tagged you. I thought this should have been implemented 2 maps ago lol

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Your precious Elo is no longer as safe as it once was.

+1 for fall damage counting as combat kills when tagged.

For one, I myself have been the victim of enemies exploiting the fix to /kill by falling to their deaths (why did we make /kill stop working if they can still suicide?!) .

For another, classes like Disciple, Samurai, and Bard can throw you around a fair bit (using force skills/speed boost melee hits) and often in world pvp you take some fall damage from fighting them.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Fall damage is not linked to forcepush/forcepull/iron fist ?

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I agree. I think that if you die within 30 seconds of being "hit" by another player, regardless of what killed you (fall, fire, mobs) the kill should be awarded to the player that last hit him.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I suppose. If you find me a reason to support the drowning one then, I'll support this suggestion 100 fold.

When they are unfortunate enough to meet me (Ranger) in water, sometimes people go under water, as my arrows are harder to land because of the water's effect on their flight. In cases where they are on the water's surface, I have no need for IceArrow and I DoT them, but when they dive I use Ice and try to drown them. Its the only way I have killed a mastered, armored warrior in solo world pvp so far, although the drowning damage didnt get them, one of my arrows did, so the issue of kill credit did not come up.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
When they are unfortunate enough to meet me (Ranger) in water, sometimes people go under water, as my arrows are harder to land because of the water's effect on their flight. In cases where they are on the water's surface, I have no need for IceArrow and I DoT them, but when they dive I use Ice and try to drown them. Its the only way I have killed a mastered, armored warrior in solo world pvp so far, although the drowning damage didnt get them, one of my arrows did, so the issue of kill credit did not come up.
Fair enough. Barnubus is awarded with the Leftovers5 seal of approval.