• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion PvP death when you die to fall in combat.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Barnubus - Mojang may have fixed this in the next update... ;)

I was looking at the wiki and saw this, reminding me of this suggestion. The related ones are in red.

• Player fell off a ladder
  • Player fell off some vines
  • Player fell out of the water
  • Player fell from a high place
  • Player fell into a patch of fire
  • Player fell into a patch of cacti
  • Player got finished off by Player or Mob using Weapon
  • Player walked into a fire whilst fighting Player or Mob
  • Player was burnt to a crisp whilst fighting Player or Mob
  • Player tried to swim in lava while trying to escape Player or Mob
  • Player walked into a cactus while trying to escape Player or Mob
  • Player was slain by Player or Mob using Weapon
  • Player was killed trying to hurt Player or Mob

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Really isn't tagged as a high priority. Falling damage is PVE - not PVP.

Perhaps if we have a Hero combat-tagged we can make it PVP related. Not sure what or who we'd have to poke to get this done. It's early and I'm tired.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Not that I know of but this is low priority compared to other things we're working on.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Seems like an exploit to deaths, kinda ruins pvp at times.
Besides, I posted this like 8 months ago. Seeing as it was once part of Herocraft, but isn't any longer, I was hoping someone would at least look into it by now.
I'm sure disciples would agree this needs to happen.

Last edited:

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
There was something on test a while ago that had things like, player died to a Zombie while fighting Player. Player died from fall damage from fighting a player and they got the kill. Why hasn't this been put in yet?

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
I brought this up once and apparently the death plugin isn't theirs, which I understand. Honestly I think there might be a plugin out there that lets you have fall damage kills and lava kills etc. I'd imagine as Danda said it is a low priority since a lot of things are happening with Shaman, dungeons, and adventure map.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
I brought this up once and apparently the death plugin isn't theirs, which I understand. Honestly I think there might be a plugin out there that lets you have fall damage kills and lava kills etc. I'd imagine as Danda said it is a low priority since a lot of things are happening with Shaman, dungeons, and adventure map.
Yes but at some point it needs to be done. It's STILL happening, and it's STILL a low priority. Just look at the dates of the time's I've bumped this thread. It's been 10 months.
Because it's a low priority, it will never get done? People can continue to avoid pvp deaths by being a coward and killing themselves by fall damage or mob damage?
Why don't I just carry a bucket of lava around and when Im about to die place it and jump in?
Low priority. Pfft.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Yes but at some point it needs to be done. It's STILL happening, and it's STILL a low priority. Just look at the dates of the time's I've bumped this thread. It's been 10 months.
Because it's a low priority, it will never get done? People can continue to avoid pvp deaths by being a coward and killing themselves by fall damage or mob damage?
Why don't I just carry a bucket of lava around and when Im about to die place it and jump in?
Low priority. Pfft.
Our coding team currently consists of one active member. If you want to go ahead and learn to code feel free. But currently there are things that have a much greater need than this.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Our coding team currently consists of one active member. If you want to go ahead and learn to code feel free. But currently there are things that have a much greater need than this.
Lol, like dungeons and adventure maps...
Fixing pvp is important. Should be a high priority.
But hey, I'll just keep bumping this every few months, or keep making new ones, in hopes that eventually it gets done.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
You're talking about two different things here. The lack of coders isn't about priorities, it's about resources.

Lol, like dungeons and adventure maps...
Fixing pvp is important. Should be a high priority.
This is about priorities. It's about providing high quality game play experience which goes to the core of Herocraft's health and future. Ideally the focus would be on player experience when setting priorities and then finding the resources required to address those priorities.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
This is about priorities. It's about providing high quality game play experience which goes to the core of Herocraft's health and future. Ideally the focus would be on player experience when setting priorities and then finding the resources required to address those priorities.
A huge draw is the depth of pvp, the classes, the skills, and the group and single battles.
This death avoidance thing is a huge blow to pvp, and thus a blow to a huge draw to the server.
This and logging out need to be given time.