• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug [Proxy] Disconnected by Proxy

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
I've had this happen to me a few times, usually after a period of strong lag. A few times while fighting mobs a few times after a while. Note that for the past 2 days this has no been an issue anymore ( also upgraded to 1.7.10 in the meantime).

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I've had this happen to me a few times, usually after a period of strong lag. A few times while fighting mobs a few times after a while. Note that for the past 2 days this has no been an issue anymore ( also upgraded to 1.7.10 in the meantime).
Updated the proxy and restarted it - lets try it now.

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
Right now I've run into great lag and dc issues while fighting a group of mobs, I kept getting proxy exception over and over while fighting them and had great lag where i'd get hit over and over.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Right now I've run into great lag and dc issues while fighting a group of mobs, I kept getting proxy exception over and over while fighting them and had great lag where i'd get hit over and over.
This will happen if you have bad ping / connection to the server - but I dont think its relating to the above issues.

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
This will happen if you have bad ping / connection to the server - but I dont think its relating to the above issues.
Well I have a gigabit connection that's allways stable ... so meh.. it got better after @ 30 min.
I doubt it's a client-side issue but who knows ( noted i'm on 1.7.2 mainly because there's no minimap for 1.7.10)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Well I have a gigabit connection that's allways stable ... so meh.. it got better after @ 30 min.
I doubt it's a client-side issue but who knows ( noted i'm on 1.7.2 mainly because there's no minimap for 1.7.10)
I've stayed online for over 48 hours now - so not seeing any issues on this side. However, its possible if you are connecting from aussie+ there's gateway issues.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Edit: Happens when I Pulse, as a low level wizard. Some pulses I do not dc, but when hitting small slimes or other large groups (3+ mobs) it seems to dc.

I dc'd 4 times now, starting from about 9 pm EST 7/27/14 and continuing to 7/28.

I don't proxy or whatever, and other people were dc'd the first time on 7/27 but I seem to be the only one experiencing continued disconnects. Any ideas?
Check to see if this is resolved, I havent seen the error message lately after the restart.

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
I've stayed online for over 48 hours now - so not seeing any issues on this side. However, its possible if you are connecting from aussie+ there's gateway issues.
I'm connecting from Europe so yeah that may be the case.
What is weird is that this started happening @ the time the server updated to 1.7.10 and not before.

Mistyckle

Legacy Supporter 4
I dc'd with Proxy error at 6 am CST
I was in a party fighting stuffs
That is the first dc since the fix that I've had with that error.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I will post on this thread if it happens again. Because it seems to happen to multiple people at the exact same time, I do not think this is a bug that I can reproduce, it seems server-side. In any case, I haven't been able to reproduce it yet.

I would assume that if the reports have stopped, you fixed it. Again, will post here if it happens again.

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
I just got another proxyexception, I noticed BrusLi44 just reconnecting after me. So since I know he's from Romania as well I asked him and he got proxyexception at the same time.

I had just connected to the server for @ 15 min when it happened ( I was mining).

Had a discussion with him and I noticed he kind of lags at the same time, gets proxy exception at the same time, or big lag spikes ( Sometimes not bouth of us get proxy exception but if one of us doesn't dc he has a very big lag spike ). Note that he's from the same country but not the same city.

Log:

[20:58:53] [Netty Client IO #7/ERROR] [FML/]: NetworkDispatcher exception
java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at io.netty.buffer.UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.setBytes(UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.java:436) ~[UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.class:?]
at io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.writeBytes(AbstractByteBuf.java:870) ~[AbstractByteBuf.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doReadBytes(NioSocketChannel.java:208) ~[NioSocketChannel.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:87) [AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:480) [NioEventLoop.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:447) [NioEventLoop.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:341) [NioEventLoop.class:?]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:101) [SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.7.0_60]

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I just got another proxyexception, I noticed BrusLi44 just reconnecting after me. So since I know he's from Romania as well I asked him and he got proxyexception at the same time.

I had just connected to the server for @ 15 min when it happened ( I was mining).

Had a discussion with him and I noticed he kind of lags at the same time, gets proxy exception at the same time, or big lag spikes ( Sometimes not bouth of us get proxy exception but if one of us doesn't dc he has a very big lag spike ). Note that he's from the same country but not the same city.

Log:

[20:58:53] [Netty Client IO #7/ERROR] [FML/]: NetworkDispatcher exception
java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
at io.netty.buffer.UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.setBytes(UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.java:436) ~[UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.class:?]
at io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.writeBytes(AbstractByteBuf.java:870) ~[AbstractByteBuf.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doReadBytes(NioSocketChannel.java:208) ~[NioSocketChannel.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:87) [AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:480) [NioEventLoop.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:447) [NioEventLoop.class:?]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:341) [NioEventLoop.class:?]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:101) [SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.7.0_60]
This is unrelated to the above / original issue - this is a loss of connection between two points. The proxy issue was relating to something different.

In short. A gateway or too high of latency is removing you from the server - or you're losing connection. I cannot trouble shoot past the forcibly closed connection.

Last edited:

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
This is unrelated to the above / original issue - this is a loss of connection between two points. The proxy issue was relating to something different.

In short. A gateway or too high of latency is removing you from the server - or you're losing connection. I cannot trouble shoot past the forcibly closed connection.

Should I open a new thread concerning this issue? I know though it's not something easily troubleshooted.
Since this is not a personal problem but affecting multiple users, and it just started happening for the last 2 weeks.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Should I open a new thread concerning this issue? I know though it's not something easily troubleshooted.
Since this is not a personal problem but affecting multiple users, and it just started happening for the last 2 weeks.
It's something you should first troubleshoot on your end and then get your ISP involved.

We don't have any bias towards connections coming in unless they are actively denied at the firewall (which would mean no connection). Feel free to create a new thread, we're locking this one since its resolved. --- unlocking just in case there are more reports.

So here's the fixes:
1) Your router/ISP is causing issues/conflicts
2) a gateway (somewhere inbetween is causing issues)
3) high-latency based on geographical location is causing disconnects due to failed to send packets from source.

This isn't something we have power to control/fix on the server. If anything it'd be an upstream provider issue but we have no communication with.

Last edited:

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Kainzo, you locked the other thread prematurely.

Look into the possibility that this is malevolent and this DC message is how the HC server provider people deal with it?

Attachments

• proxy_dc.PNG
    proxy_dc.PNG
    109.9 KB · Views: 13