• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug [Proxy] Disconnected by Proxy

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Edit: Happens when I Pulse, as a low level wizard. Some pulses I do not dc, but when hitting small slimes or other large groups (3+ mobs) it seems to dc.

I dc'd 4 times now, starting from about 9 pm EST 7/27/14 and continuing to 7/28.

I don't proxy or whatever, and other people were dc'd the first time on 7/27 but I seem to be the only one experiencing continued disconnects. Any ideas?

Last edited:

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Its random when it happens for me, during a 210% boost for 5 hours i got dc'd 7-9 times each randomly happening instantly.

And when i was at central pvping i used chakra and instantly lost proxy, and it happened again when i used chakra at my spawn plot.

Also could this issue be related to why you can log out in combat without dying? because its quite annoying.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I has happened to me once only. Likely when using Pulse. Can't recall more of the circumstances, just that I think I was partied and it was very busy.

Mistyckle

Legacy Supporter 4
It has happened to me while in combat (both Pulse and Fireball), also where there were about 5 or 6 mobs on me, whilst I was in the middle of building, and possibly even when I was doing nothing. Don't think it's related to combat. Seems more random.

If I could make a suggestion?
Could those of us who do get the error message [Proxy] Lost connection to the server
make a note as to the exact time, including time zone
what you were doing and which server it was on?
Would this help iron it out Kain? (Possibly show which errors are getting thrown up)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It has happened to me while in combat (both Pulse and Fireball), also where there were about 5 or 6 mobs on me, whilst I was in the middle of building, and possibly even when I was doing nothing. Don't think it's related to combat. Seems more random.

If I could make a suggestion?
Could those of us who do get the error message [Proxy] Lost connection to the server
make a note as to the exact time, including time zone
what you were doing and which server it was on?
Would this help iron it out Kain? (Possibly show which errors are getting thrown up)
Definitely would help, im looking into this issue as we speak, searching logs - time stamps would be lovely.

Mistyckle

Legacy Supporter 4
Had reported this in a previous thread, but it's one of the few timestamps I have.
Post was on Friday at 2:00 am.

Just want to add on to this that I have dc'd 5 or 6 times in the last hour or so.
Sanctuary Server, 1:00 am-2:00 am PST

I ran CCleaner and have been running all other net applications/programs just fine.
I did not lose any items however (PVP only maybe?)
But keep disconneting with ionetty message and Lost Connection to Server
This reminds me of the great disconnect plague after 1.7.9 update

Thanks for the help! <3

Further notes:
At that time, I was running around the wild building a couple things. I disconnected generally when a skill was used or if I was building or standing there.
Yesterday (sorry no exact times) I had 5 or 6 mobs on me, and even with no skill it would disconnect me.

Also note, I was getting this server error, along with the ionetty handler message intermixed.
My net was running fine (and had just done a DNS cache), and others were also disconnecting.

It has eased up a bit, the time I shared here was possibly the worst I've seen.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
More on my one and only proxy disconnect - it was on PvE, and I was close in by a building and fighting several mobs. I'm not getting any other disconnection issues apart from ones that affect the whole server.

Trist95

Legacy Supporter 7
this just happend to me at about 8:20PM CST on pve while useing bonespear

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Just happened to me too right now. PvE, not using any skill. Just finished harvesting one row of cactus and about to start on the next.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Adding that @MarvinYoung proxy dc'd at just about the same time, also using Bonespear. Trist, Marvin and I were all within about 150 blocks of each other.

And following on from that, MarvinYoung used DarkRitual and we both got booted. I wasn't using any skill. @Thunderjolt was in the vicinity and didn't get booted.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Just happened to me too right now. PvE, not using any skill. Just finished harvesting one row of cactus and about to start on the next.
Adding that @MarvinYoung proxy dc'd at just about the same time, also using Bonespear. Trist, Marvin and I were all within about 150 blocks of each other.

And following on from that, MarvinYoung used DarkRitual and we both got booted. I wasn't using any skill. @Thunderjolt was in the vicinity and didn't get booted.
this just happend to me at about 8:20PM CST on pve while useing bonespear
I'm checking into this now, thanks!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This is all the info im getting... so much help eh?
Code:
[21:27:12] [Server thread/INFO]: WitchOnaRampage lost connection: Internal Exception: net.minecraft.util.io.netty.handler.codec.EncoderException: java.lang.RuntimeException: An internal error occured.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Just disconnected (a sec ago)
PVE, used Fireball on a spider right before the Proxy error
[Server thread/INFO]: Mistyckle lost connection: Internal Exception: net.minecraft.util.io.netty.handler.codec.EncoderException: java.lang.RuntimeException: An internal error occured.

Mistyckle

Legacy Supporter 4
[Server thread/INFO]: Mistyckle lost connection: Internal Exception: net.minecraft.util.io.netty.handler.codec.EncoderException: java.lang.RuntimeException: An internal error occured.

Kk on my end, I got the Proxy error.
Have been looking through stuff off and on today to see if there are any others having this specific prob.
Most helpful thing I've found is this (and another I lost track of)~ not sure if there's anything to glean from it.
Worth a look? https://github.com/SpigotMC/BungeeCord/issues/786
(LOL just saw a post of yours x) ~ but I also went to Spigot forums and same issues, not many answers)

Though I've noticed this error after the update last week. Happened after 1.7.9 as well.