• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Paladins, Burst Vs. Healing

All warrior classes are op lol. They need a serious nerf. As a drag I can easily take out any non warrior spec even though they are mastered, have that jump on me, and are usually better than me I still win with at least half health left. Sammys arnt so bad because of their low health and armor but they still do more dps than all rogue specs. I think the all need a damage debuff. Drag from 79 to around 65. Pally from like 50 to maybe 37. Sammy from 160 with berserk to around 130. Dk base damage is good but they need a combo nerf. The most bursts class has
Always been wiz but now it's dk with over 700 damage

A

alexhoff1

X range is actual Y because of lag. <-- this will never be taken seriously and is "unfixable" by your terms, so don't even bring it up.

Use less subjective terms, more objective terms.
"This is wrong..." "insane dmg" "no skill X can beat Y"

Just some helpful changes you should make if you do want to be taken seriously on suggestion stuff.

Thanks for the tips,
However this was a long time ago now after many changes have been made.
(twas a dead thread and you guys revived it)

If you could lock that would be great.

A

alexhoff1

Knowing alex, I would guess he based this off a fight he lost, And I disagree. Paladins are tanks and honestly compare them to other classes such as samurai or dreadknight.

Sorry that I'm better than you and I lost to your OP class.
My opinions are generally shared among caster specs, and many other players aswell
You are new to the server, and you play one of the most powerful classes in the game.

If it is litterally impossible for me to defeat someone, that is an unfair fight and should have suggestions made otherwise, for instance I couldn't beat any paladins unless they played sloppily before the nerfs came in.

Also, I could make a post about dreadknight, but since they are not too tanky I won't.

(a level 23 dreadknight does 9 1/2 hearts on a wizard in a 2v1 before falling. 3 1/2 hearts to a 45 dragoon aswell is a bit much, no?)

and finally I would like to point out that you called me a four year old after loosing the fight.

so who's more correct? Me saying dreadknights are powerful, or the new player saying that I am wrong?

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
Haha alex you are such a poor sport. Did I call you 4 because I lost? No I called you 4 because I said good fight And your exact quote "as if" And i replied So losing to a master wizard and a 45 dragoon is to be ashamed of? Honestly alex yes i know your feelings on harmtouch but its of no matter, compared to your bolt and fireball thats the same if not more damage..... But never mind this is not the place to argue, this is suggestions. And fy I started as Dragoon And have been with the server since June I'm not that new.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
Lol ok no more this is not the place for arguing, though one last comment on my part... Fought two guys 2v1 twice my level. I will no longer respond to whatever is said here....

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Haha alex you are such a poor sport. Did I call you 4 because I lost? No I called you 4 because I said good fight And your exact quote "as if" And i replied So losing to a master wizard and a 45 dragoon is to be ashamed of? Honestly alex yes i know your feelings on harmtouch but its of no matter, compared to your bolt and fireball thats the same if not more damage..... But never mind this is not the place to argue, this is suggestions. And fy I started as Dragoon And have been with the server since June I'm not that new.
Wizards have bolt and fireball to kill warrior specs, that is why there is a system called the RPS...

ShizzDawgg

Godly
All warrior classes are op lol. They need a serious nerf. As a drag I can easily take out any non warrior spec even though they are mastered, have that jump on me, and are usually better than me I still win with at least half health left.
Try fighting a beguiler as a dragoon.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
All warrior classes are op lol. They need a serious nerf. As a drag I can easily take out any non warrior spec even though they are mastered, have that jump on me, and are usually better than me I still win with at least half health left. Sammys arnt so bad because of their low health and armor but they still do more dps than all rogue specs. I think the all need a damage debuff. Drag from 79 to around 65. Pally from like 50 to maybe 37. Sammy from 160 with berserk to around 130. Dk base damage is good but they need a combo nerf. The most bursts class has
Always been wiz but now it's dk with over 700 damage
Ninja, Runeblade, and Ranger all do more damage than sammy. With berserk on a diamond sword is 122 not 160. Also while berserking add 20% damage intake.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
can we just translate alexhoffs original post to say what he really means. which is, 'I'm the best player on the server, and if anyone beats me, their class is clearly op my style is 100% skill and has nothing to do with wizard being op as well'. If I use a perfect strategy I can beat a max wizard 1v1, but would still probably lose to alexhoff 10 out of 10 times because he is actually really good. I know that ideally all the classes would somehow be perfectly balanced and each maxed class should be able to beat the other if the other person is more skilled, but its pretty clear that wizards and paladins might be a little if not a lot better than some of the other classes, and it's time maybe you get over yourself a little and realize that wizard is a very powerful class. I completely understand if people think paladin is op, but the way you make your argument, and having lost against you in the game, I feel like either you think you're so skilled you should never lose, or that your class should be more powerful than others. Either youre really arrogant or just not as fair and balanced as you try to come off as.

If I'm incorrect, let me know, but if your sig is any indicator, I think you feel you should never lose a 1v1. Even the Bulls lost sometimes with Jordan

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
The simple fact is that if you look at the numbers paladins win every single pure melee 1v1 possible usually by a large margin. This doesn't mean a hell of a lot because you have to factor in skills, but when you factor skills in you have to realize how stupidly powerful slows, stuns, and speed ups are and paladins have 2 of those 3. That along with a 250 heal on top of 72% damage reduction give them so much longevity its just ridiculous.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
They're support, but are too tanky to be as supportive as they are. Conviction used to have a 6 second cooldown, I'm not sure but I hope it has been changed to 45 seconds. Reckoning is incredibly glitchy. It honestly shouldn't provide a slow.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
reckoning works properly now from what ive seen the last few days. I agree that theyre super good, but I've yet to really see it help me as I still mostly get my ass kicked against good players. 59hp with a diamond sword is pretty damn wack for a max warrior. Maybe we should have a vote and take away one paladin skill? I think layhands is pretty silly, and invuln. All I know is, whenever we're talking about possible class choices for town members, most people think they should become either wizards or some kind of warrior. It's certainly no coincidence that some of the better guys in the game like macura and alexhoff are wizards

BigguthDickuth

Soulsand
Everyones just beating around the bush and pointing this thread towards, and let me put it as I'm reading it from others;

"AMHERGERWD ALEXHOFF THINKS HE'S THE SHIT SO PALADIN DOESN'T NEED NERF YOU JUST THINK WIZARD SHOULD BE BETTER."

You're all fucking retarded, and should feel retarded. You think 1v1 in water, where players/mobs are SLOWED a MELEE should beat a 100% RANGED? You really think that? Even with reckoning, unless the wizard is a 3rd grade special ed star of the year who inserts his face on his keyboard and rolls it in the middle of a fight, the wizard should always win 4/5.

TL;DR people are turning this thread from paladins and the fact they might need a small/medium nerf into a "omg alexhoff is a cocky douche and he sucks if he thinks paladins OP"

Ask yourself if you think you could beat a paladin as ANY class 1v1 excluding yourself a paladin and there is your answer.