• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Paladin

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Also Absolution scaling should be cut in half imo.
Fixing strike and increasing the divine stun CD is going to hit paladin hard as it is. All of its DPS comes from those two skills (and some left click).

Absolution is a strong heal and I think that it should stay that way (nerfing absolution would be a bit of an overkill). It is suppose to have a decent heal and strong CC.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
HolySteed needs to be removed. First of all, it's buggy as shit. Person is invis while on it and it sits frozen. You think you're good and away you've ran like 150+ blocks from the paladin and then all of the sudden you hear the fucking horse and then crazy tanky paladin who is now mobile in your face. In what RPG is this okay. I mean it can catch a dragoon, that's ridiculous.
Horses are literally the worse thing to have happened to Minecraft.

Y

ytiggidmas

I'm no Hero.
The hero Herocraft needs but doesn't deserve
Edit: just wanted to say thanks for the work you did, and I hope you come back to complete some of the unfinished stuff, because the work you did genuinely made Herocraft a better place. #Delf2014

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
This thread has turned into 9 parts circle jerk, 1 part unsubstantiated hope. Admins will change pally when they feel like it, that's the current reality. We have given plenty of viable options for everything from a slight change to a large rework. IMO slight change is needed for a long time with paladin. Whadya gna do.

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
Also, absolution removes soul leech from the paladin, is this supposed to happen? I really hope not because it's dk's best skill in my opinion.

MajDeath

Portal
Also, absolution removes soul leech from the paladin, is this supposed to happen? I really hope not because it's dk's best skill in my opinion.
Absolution removes all dark effects from the target, this is pretty much every over time effect from Dreadknight, Bloodmage, and Necromancer.

Last edited:

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
I played Paladin for a bit back in DG and I got exactly what I expected. Very low damage and mobility, Highest armour of all the classes and support-like skills. I know this doesn't really add much here but I just think we need to think about what its pros and cons should be and reflect that in the skills accordingly.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I played Paladin for a bit back in DG and I got exactly what I expected. Very low damage and mobility, Highest armour of all the classes and support-like skills. I know this doesn't really add much here but I just think we need to think about what its pros and cons should be and reflect that in the skills accordingly.
I think Paladin was in a good place in DG, however, now we have attributes which makes balacing more difficult than then.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
This thread has turned into 9 parts circle jerk, 1 part unsubstantiated hope. Admins will change pally when they feel like it, that's the current reality. We have given plenty of viable options for everything from a slight change to a large rework. IMO slight change is needed for a long time with paladin. Whadya gna do.
The balance team needs to have presence on the server and you are the only attempt I have seen from a balance team member to do there job.

This is getting fucking silly that we are getting pvp objectives and all kinds of cool features but they are made unenjoyable because a team stacks an op class. I haven't seen a heroes patch in AGES and then I wonder why the people on the balance team get promoted in the first place.

@Balance Team do your jobs and push out a patch already....

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
How many times does it need to be said... the balance team doesn't have any power. NONE! NADA! ZILCH! ZERO!

Last edited:

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
The balance team needs to have presence on the server and you are the only attempt I have seen from a balance team member to do there job.

This is getting fucking silly that we are getting pvp objectives and all kinds of cool features but they are made unenjoyable because a team stacks an op class. I haven't seen a heroes patch in AGES and then I wonder why the people on the balance team get promoted in the first place.

[USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] do your jobs and push out a patch already....

The Balance team is merely a suggestion board invisible to other users.

Members of the team post their suggestions in that board, and then either get agreed with or disagreed with by other members of the team. Sometimes, Kainzo will agree or disagree with stuff.

Occasionally, a decision is made towards balance. A general consensus if you will. (By the team)

And then the thread dies.

It rots.

And is forgotten.

This is the state of the "balance team", and always has been.

When I was "balancing" Herocraft, I did not use the balance team forums. I sat on test server, modifying numbers and adding skills. I sat around all day testing balance changes. Whether they be small ones, or big ones part of a class rework. As I was doing this, I would post my "changelog" on the balance forums every so often, but it was nothing more than a readonly list that was only modifiable by the big man himself. And sometimes, I didn't even let him modify it. I would argue the point and he'd never get back to me, so I never "reverted" or "altered" my changes.

Don't get me wrong, the team back then would say stuff, and I would read it. But it was rare that I was ever persuaded to make major changes. Just small tweaks. The true "Balance Team" back then, was anyone that logged onto the test server and fought each other while I watched or participated. I spoke with these people, I tested with these people, I balanced with these people. Sometimes these people were on the "real" balance team, and a lot of the time, they weren't.

However during Haven, I got a little bit too ahead of myself. I was actively playing, so I didn't wish to go through the usual BS of changelog / test / tweak / changelog / wait for Kainzo to push changes in 3 weeks / Rinse / Repeat.

Rather than posting changelogs and requesting even the smallest of feedbacks, I simply put changes into a folder that gabizou would push during restarts. As far as he, or anyone else was aware, I was just putting bug fixes and small tweaks in. And sometimes, that was the case. Now, I wasn't doing anything sketchy here, I was still doing legitimate balance. But due to Attributes being rushed as fuck, there was so much left untested. I used my play experience on the real server as the "test" experience, and pushed changes rapidly as I felt necessary.

I actually remember @BurKeYzZ speccing out of Pyro because I was playing it too, and all I did was nerf the living fuck out of it (Which he hated). But I was avoiding ALL of the hoops involved in this ridiculous server so that I could get the balance that I felt was necessary out to the community as quickly as possible and without any bullshit.

Until one day, I made changes to the base equipment weight for a few classes.

You all FLIPPED your fucking SHIT. The server was foaming at the mouth and all eyes were pointed on me. The rage, the betrayal, the whining. It was overwhelming and deeply demotivating. It was as if I had shot 12 children in front of you all with a smile on my face. Kainzo saw what I was doing, and was not pleased. gabizou was no longer going to be "clear" to push anything I had waiting for him. I would now have to use the god damn shitty ass suggestion forums to get anything done, and once again, everything needed to pass through Kainzo.

And you know what? I said fuck it. I don't want to do it anymore. It's not worth my time. And so I stopped. I made a few posts on the balance forums stating what I felt "needed to be done" and I basically packed up my bags. No more bug fixes, no more balance.

This is why balance comes so slowly. This is why things are tested so haphazardly. Because there is nobody at the top who gives enough of a shit to actually put effort into the balance and stability of the server. If it's broken? Fuck it, remove the skill! (PlagueBomb) If people cry about it, fuck it! Remove the skill! (SuperJump). If it's imbalanced, Fuck it! Too much of a pain!

Until Kainzo changes his priorities, or finds someone else to fill the role, nothing is going to change. Paladin may get some tweaks in a week, or maybe in two months. Skills will be broke, and if they don't get fixed, they'll just be removed. This is the reality. This is your fate.

Last edited:

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I have a list of changes on the balance team forums that I will probably post in suggestions to get feedback from the rest of the community--but it is still going to be the problem of someone needs to implement them (and if it is Kainzo, we are going to be waiting months)

Edit: Here is the thread http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/balance-changes.53791/

Last edited:

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
The Balance team is merely a suggestion board invisible to other users.

Members of the team post their suggestions in that board, and then either get agreed with or disagreed with by other members of the team. Sometimes, Kainzo will agree or disagree with stuff.

Occasionally, a decision is made towards balance. A general consensus if you will. (By the team)

And then the thread dies.

It rots.

And is forgotten.

This is the state of the "balance team", and always has been.

When I was "balancing" Herocraft, I did not use the balance team forums. I sat on test server, modifying numbers and adding skills. I sat around all day testing balance changes. Whether they be small ones, or big ones part of a class rework. As I was doing this, I would post my "changelog" on the balance forums every so often, but it was nothing more than a readonly list that was only modifiable by the big man himself. And sometimes, I didn't even let him modify it. I would argue the point and he'd never get back to me, so I never "reverted" or "altered" my changes.

Don't get me wrong, the team back then would say stuff, and I would read it. But it was rare that I was ever persuaded to make major changes. Just small tweaks. The true "Balance Team" back then, was anyone that logged onto the test server and fought each other while I watched or participated. I spoke with these people, I tested with these people, I balanced with these people. Sometimes these people were on the "real" balance team, and a lot of the time, they weren't.

However during Haven, I got a little to ahead of myself. Rather than posting changelogs and requesting even the smallest of feedbacks, I simply put changes into a folder that gabizou would push during restarts. As far as he, or anyone else was aware, I was just putting bug fixes and small tweaks in. And sometimes, that was the case. Now, I wasn't doing anything sketchy here, I was still doing legitimate balance. (I remember Burkes speccing out of Pyro because I was playing it and all I did was nerf the living fuck out of it.) But I was avoiding ALL of the hoops involved in this ridiculous server so that I could get the balance out to the community as quickly as possible and without any bullshit.

Until one day, I made changes to the base equipment weight for a few classes.

You all FLIPPED your fucking SHIT. The server was going nuts and all eyes were pointed on me. The rage, the betrayal, the whining. It was overwhelming and deeply demotivating. It was as if I had shot 12 children in front of you all with a smile on my face. Kainzo saw what I was doing, and was not pleased. Gabizou was no longer going to be "clear" to push anything I had waiting for him. I would now have to use the god damn shitty ass suggestion forums to get anything done, and once again, everything needed to pass through Kainzo.

And you know what? I said fuck it. I don't want to do it anymore. It's not worth my time. And so I stopped. I made a few posts on the balance forums stating what I felt "needed to be done" and I basically packed up my bags. No more bug fixes, no more balance.

This is why balance comes so slowly. This is why things are tested so haphazardly. Because there is nobody at the top who gives enough of a shit to actually put effort into the balance and stability of the server. If it's broken? Fuck it, remove the skill! (PlagueBomb) If people cry about it, fuck it! Remove the skill! (SuperJump). If it's imbalanced, Fuck it! Too much of a pain!

Until Kainzo changes his priorities, or finds someone else to fill the role, nothing is going to change. Paladin may get some tweaks in a week, or maybe in two months. Skills will be broke, and if they don't get fixed, they'll just be removed. This is the reality. This is your fate.
lmao subtweet(post). @him next time @Kainzo

EDIT:

Also Delf, I have to say. During your time as head of balance the most got done. The server was probably at one of it's best primes in the history of Herocraft, and that's when the players were on and staying.

It's also very sad that we can make it thread like this that has so many agreements, yet nothing ever happens.

Last edited: