• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Paladin

Glacial_Reign

Portal
I have a big issue with how Paladin is right now.

For one Paladins big downside was their slowness getting around and going around on the battlefield and since they acquired being able to ride horses completely made the class just laughable. They have 2 cc's, an invuln, an instant almost full heal, and a horse. Plus they do okay damage. They excel in 1v1s and team fights.

They need to have the horses removed honestly. That would be the first thing that needs to be addressed. A class that was made to be not as fast as a bard that can catch up to a bard while he has his speed buff is just dumb.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Paladin is much stronger than it needs to be, I will agree with that. That being said, the source of the problem is not HolySteed. It is not usable in combat, so it's not like Dragoon which can chase anything down in a fight.

Holy/Dread Steed are skills that add unique and fun utility to their respective classes, while not affecting their overall strength in a fight. The difference between Accelerando and HolySteed is that Accelerando can be used many times in a fight, whereas a Paladin has to run away long enough to lose the combat tag.

If you can't escape a Paladin as a Bard, you shouldn't be soloing a tank as a Rogue. However, all it would take is 1 arrow to make sure the Paladin is combat tagged, which would still give you plenty of time to flee to safety.

TL;DR - HolySteed is not the source of Paladin's strength or ability to catch people, while its medium-range AoE pull combined with a spammy, long duration stun is.

Glacial_Reign

Portal
Paladin is much stronger than it needs to be, I will agree with that. That being said, the source of the problem is not HolySteed. It is not usable in combat, so it's not like Dragoon which can chase anything down in a fight.

Holy/Dread Steed are skills that add unique and fun utility to their respective classes, while not affecting their overall strength in a fight. The difference between Accelerando and HolySteed is that Accelerando can be used many times in a fight, whereas a Paladin has to run away long enough to lose the combat tag.

If you can't escape a Paladin as a Bard, you shouldn't be soloing a tank as a Rogue. However, all it would take is 1 arrow to make sure the Paladin is combat tagged, which would still give you plenty of time to flee to safety.

TL;DR - HolySteed is not the source of Paladin's strength or ability to catch people, while its medium-range AoE pull combined with a spammy, long duration stun is.
I think you missed my point. I'll restate what I'm trying to say. Paladin is suppose to be a tanky support warrior with heals that moves rather slow. Adding holy steed to it changes its weakness. That weakness should show to every class not just classes that can use a bow or fireball. Cool it goes away once in combat but that doesn't change much of anything.

Holysteed needs to be taken out.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I think you missed my point. I'll restate what I'm trying to say. Paladin is suppose to be a tanky support warrior with heals that moves rather slow. Adding holy steed to it changes its weakness. That weakness should show to every class not just classes that can use a bow or fireball. Cool it goes away once in combat but that doesn't change much of anything.

Holysteed needs to be taken out.

Paladin lore seems to vary a lot Glacial, depending on what book or series you read. Many Paladins are depicted riding horses DUE to their slow foot speed and lumbering armor. If you are coming from a Lore standpoint then Paladins riding horses fits perfectly, same as Dreadnight.

Now from a balance standpoint is a whole different story, but the balance issues has and are already being discussed in length in other threads, and the general consensus is that Horses are not the out of balance points of Paladin.

TL;DR - HolySteed fits perfectly with Paladin lore and history, especially because he uses heavy hard to move in armor.

EDIT:
If you are not saying this from a lore or balance stand point and only from a design idea of how Paladin is supposed to be in Herocraft, I don't see anything up currently that states that as Paladins current direction. Anything previously posted by Kainzo can change on a whim if he feels a classes direction needs to change, so suggesting changes around old statements of intention is a bit dodgy as Kainzo changes his plans and designs are time goes on..

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
As a former Paladin, I only found HolySteed useful in avoiding PvP before entering it and just for traveling/getting to spawn. Getting HolySteed off while trying to get out of combat can be pretty difficult in my opinion.

Why Paladin is Strong Right Now: Strike is doing over 100 damage in like 3 seconds and is pretty spammable(5 seconds cooldown) which is a problem. The old Strike was damage over 15 seconds every 3 or 5 seconds(I don't remember). Plus Strike's scaling off strength is higher than I think it should be so to fix the damage output I suggest lowering scaling with strength.

I personally think DivineStun's scaling off charisma should be lowered or the stun should be 1 second and not 1.5. I'm not sure what the scaling is with Charisma, according to wiki it's .063 but I don't think it's right.

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
HolySteed needs to be removed. First of all, it's buggy as shit. Person is invis while on it and it sits frozen. You think you're good and away you've ran like 150+ blocks from the paladin and then all of the sudden you hear the fucking horse and then crazy tanky paladin who is now mobile in your face. In what RPG is this okay. I mean it can catch a dragoon, that's ridiculous.

Sirdemonic3

Legacy Supporter 3
holysteed is sure annoying, when im a bard usin my speed 3 and a pally runs me down lol

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
na I like it. when goons jump on top of jungles I just get proygon to help me superjump up to them
are all of your posts troll/sarcastic?

on-topic: im thinkin divine stun is the problem. increase CD, or decrease duration.

Glacial_Reign

Portal
HolySteed needs to be removed. First of all, it's buggy as shit. Person is invis while on it and it sits frozen. You think you're good and away you've ran like 150+ blocks from the paladin and then all of the sudden you hear the fucking horse and then crazy tanky paladin who is now mobile in your face. In what RPG is this okay. I mean it can catch a dragoon, that's ridiculous.
Thank you. It is beyond buggy and the fact that you can cast a warmup while on the horse is beyond retarded also.

If it stays it needs a longgggggg cooldown between getting on another horse. Also when you mount or dismount you should be stunned for 1 to 2 seconds to make it more balanced.

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
Paladin shouldn't be a good 1v1 class, as it is supposedly support, but it still beats everything in a 1v1 because it's OP as shiiiiit.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Also when you mount or dismount you should be stunned for 1 to 2 seconds to make it more balanced.
Since we are just saying random things now, lets change HolySteed to HolyCharge

HolyCharge: The Paladin mounts up just like HolySteed (maybe a bit faster), and the Horse is always a decent horse, but the horse only lasts 10 seconds.

Also, Change DreadSteed to silence the DreadKnight while they are mounted.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Paladin is a strong class. I am not sure to what extent HolySteed is responsible for that, and would expect a change to HolySteed would leave the class still strong, while removing something cool from their kit.

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Paladin is a strong class. I am not sure to what extent HolySteed is responsible for that, and would expect a change to HolySteed would leave the class still strong, while removing something cool from their kit.
I agree, but it still definitely needs a change. Paladin has a 2 second stun (That's without attributes) that combined with there crazy amount of fast damage which I have no idea where it's even coming from makes them one of the most broken classes in the game. I won't name any other skills cause they are the bread and butter of that class, but I think it just needs to be reverted to the older style paladin, it was in a good place back on Bastion.

This damage could be coming from strike, some people in the past have even said strike is broken and sometimes over-damages targets.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Coming from a paladin for the past 3 maps.

Holy steed is probably the most OP skill I ever used and its glorious

Give us lunge instead I want to be like a disciple and a berserker now

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Atm strike deals all of its damage over 3s instead of 15s (somewhere around there), on a 5s CD. Meaning when you spam it you get 3x the strike DOT damage in 15s.

Divine stun needs a longer cooldown (between 30-40s)

And since the horse becomes invisible from 10 blocks away it is now more stealthy than ninja. I am all for removing the horses.

When DK and paladin first got mounts I assumed that it was only going to be for a short time (until mounts could be bought for souls-so every class could have them). Since it is only limited to 2 classes, and are pretty 'wonky' they should be removed.

Aryios

Senior Architect
Architect
Atm strike deals all of its damage over 3s instead of 15s (somewhere around there), on a 5s CD. Meaning when you spam it you get 3x the strike DOT damage in 15s.

Divine stun needs a longer cooldown (between 30-40s)

And since the horse becomes invisible from 10 blocks away it is now more stealthy than ninja. I am all for removing the horses.

When DK and paladin first got mounts I assumed that it was only going to be for a short time (until mounts could be bought for souls-so every class could have them). Since it is only limited to 2 classes, and are pretty 'wonky' they should be removed.
Also Absolution scaling should be cut in half imo.