• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Paladin too strong - as always

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
In that case, there was no reason to nerf dragoon, if you want all classes to be "OP" then why the hell nerf dragoon?

Hehe, I think you may give me more credit to the power I yield then I deserve. ;)
I cannot nerf anything and rarely would every suggest such a thing in the first place. Most of my suggestion tend to try and balance things forwards instead of backwards.
The most power I have to direct the classes and the skills that are out there is, giving my input on the current comparison and personal view on how it would be best to balance it. From there its the people in charge to take mine and everyone else's information and make their best decision.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I always viewed Paladin as a support tank as BaBomba mentioned above. Some of the changes I heard of Paladin(not sure when) was the better scaling of damage with strength or something. To my understanding from other people's words Paladin isn't a "support" class rather it's sort of hybrid which can be hard to balance out.
Paladin is a hybrid class. Correct

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
No matter how hard I tried, I could not make Paladin "playable/fun" but also not overpowered as hell. Same with Samurai. (Deleting that class was my most fondest action on HC)

I don't know if things have changed since launch, but Paladin didn't seem "too" bad at the start...Is it different now?

I always viewed Paladin as a support tank as BaBomba mentioned above. Some of the changes I heard of Paladin(not sure when) was the better scaling of damage with strength or something. To my understanding from other people's words Paladin isn't a "support" class rather it's sort of hybrid which can be hard to balance out.

I tried to push this harder with Haven. I took out a lot of their damage and added more "defensive/support" abilities so that they would feel useful in melee, but win their fights through proper timing of skill usage. The damage was meant to be on the lower end of the scale for their class, but still an effective amount over time. I was hoping that Paladin would be used less for 1v1's now, and more for 2v2+ situations, where they would provide decent support to their all(ies).

But as you said, hybrids are harder to balance.

Avoir

Obsidian
BloodMages also kill Paladin right @FrankyDemon1996? :D

On the other hand, I like a lot of what Paladin has to offer and although I agree that it has a lot of strength right now, making many changes will also change the fun of playing the class.

What about just making Layhands and instant cast fast channeled full heal. 10% hp per second max 10 seconds?
This way the Paladin cannot do damage and use skills and can still take damage while casting, but you don't lose a critical and otherwise good skill?

EDIT: "making many changes will also change the fun of playing the class." My personal favorite way to handle this would be to not take away from the Paladin, but to bring all other classes into the OP range.
You can take the two most powerful classes and make them weaker and less appealing but more in line with the other weaker classes, or you can leave them be and increase the power of the other classes to give each class it's own feel of being over powered instead.
I personally like the second option more, as I would rather feel over powered with any class I choose then underpowered ;)

Yeah it does.

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
Headbutt has half the range and costs your own hp. Yes the 0.5 warm-up on divine is a pain, but its still easier than everything else.
Its is still instant which would make it easiest to use. Stuns in order from easiest to hardest are:
Headbutt-Divine Stun- Great Combustion.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
The Paladin nerf that needs to happen (imo)
  • Increase the cooldown on divine stun by 10s (it is just too spammable)
  • Either decrease the base damage on strike or the scaling. With about 20 strength it does 100 physical damage (on a short cooldown)
Throwing in too many nerfs will just make the class bad, I still think it would do it's job of peeling better than any other class.

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
So as @Eldrylars put it, the choices are to either nerf Paladin and Bloodmage, or to bring everything else up to the same standard as those two.
I'd imagine the first option is a much easier and quicker fix for the coder(s).

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Bloodmage is in a pretty bad spot. It has a lot of damage, but pretty shitty heals (other than the one that uses blood union). I'd rather take some of that damage away and give Blood Bond a change to make it more useable.

Instead of draining mana as soon as the skill is activated it would be more useful if it only took extra mana, or drained mana when an offensive skill is used.

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
Bloodmage is in a pretty bad spot. It has a lot of damage, but pretty shitty heals (other than the one that uses blood union). I'd rather take some of that damage away and give Blood Bond a change to make it more useable.

Instead of draining mana as soon as the skill is activated it would be more useful if it only took extra mana, or drained mana when an offensive skill is used.
Also transfuse is kinda not in a good spot 100health for 125mana while necromancer has 100 health for 200 mana hmmmmm

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Also transfuse is kinda not in a good spot 100health for 125mana while necromancer has 100 health for 200 mana hmmmmm
That's an argument of its own.
In short: The BM is made to manage its HP, it should be loosing and gaining through the fight
I do agree though, that transfuse should get some form of buff seeing as its a shittyer DarkRitual.
Hell, a Necro can heal off almost all the damage from DR

*Edited due to incorrect numbers

Last edited:

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
The difference is Necro has more mana pool and more skills to spam mana usage which means they need more mana. If I recall my calculations, Necromancer can get back maybe 96hp with 35 int using drainsoul while BM can get like 108hp back with like 35int+Enlightenment. (those calculations were from test server/wiki and may be wrong lol). Still Transfuse doesn't really fit Bloodmage's needs imo.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I do agree that Padilin is quite overpowered, at one point me and a team of 3 or 4 Max levels where attacked by just one, EVERY time it got down to red it full healed. Even though I could constantly revive my team, it still won. I would even say it full healed like around 6 times. Sigh~ Its a quitepowerfull class and I truely hope it gets nerfed in the future or the full heal skill removed, it already does a lot of damage and has a ton of defence, why bother having a full heal?
Your bsing right here, sorry plain and simple!
Layhands cd is 15 minutes, I highly doubt you fought a paladin for an hour and a half of non stop fighting.

How many times did a dragoon legit superjump in a fight? in the at least 2 months superjump was still in the game when i was back, i only saw dragoons use superjump to run from 1v3's.
AD 3v1ing people
1. As bm I got a Dragoon to superjump away 1v1?
2. Lets keep your AD Flaming/hate outta this suggestion
Overall Dragoons act like superjump being taken away is the end of the world............. like really its not.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Your bsing right here, sorry plain and simple!
Layhands cd is 15 minutes, I highly doubt you fought a paladin for an hour and a half of non stop fighting.
The pally probably just used its other heal (The name which I can not remember. Absolution?) and had a high wisdom stat, so it healed it a bunch.

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
Only problem I see with paladin is absolution, the cooldown is ridiculously small and it is so hard to kill them because they are a tank. Unless you're a caster you won't kill a paladin quick enough before he heals to full. As a berserker I literally can't win because he outheals all my damage, and can just stun me/slow me and run away. Paladins should beat most warriors but not completely dominate them.