• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [OP]Necromancers

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
If a necromancer fights any melee based class, they risk dying long before the dots take effect. Poison has been been buffed to a stupid level (20 block range and 100 something damage), sure it was absolute garbage before and not worth the mp. I've been playing Necromancer since jan, and have seen many changes. The biggest buff has been increasing the mp by nearly double. A necromancer had to be careful which skills he used with fear of running outta mp or not being able to kill target. But now with increased mp all u do is spam skills and hope they die before u do, taking all the thought process outta being a caster. And yes I've noticed pretty much everyone looking for the next op class switch to necromancer.

How to fix Necromancer - Remove poison
this will keep them close-medium range without the ability to kite from 20 blocks away (further then most skills) and slowly watch them die.
Removing Poison entirely is complete overkill as a balance suggestion. Casters should never be considered Close DPS, at most they should be considered medium. The only reason to a Necromancer's utility skills is so they can survive a Close encounter. They should never have to used as Close range DPS. If anything I could understand a moderate reduction in Poisons range so that it would match that of their other DoTs; but, outright removal as I said is definite overkill and must not even be considered as a viable option.

teddytazer

Soulsand
You do realize that with poison. u can pretty much beat anyone as long as u move faster then them and dodge fireballs and arrows. Yes without fireball necro's range has decreased and even killing ghasts is hard, but thats what makes the game worth playing, overcoming obstacles and achieving victory. Not everyone wants push button and win.

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
You do realize that with poison. u can pretty much beat anyone as long as u move faster then them and dodge fireballs and arrows. Yes without fireball necro's range has decreased and even killing ghasts is hard, but thats what makes the game worth playing, overcoming obstacles and achieving victory. Not everyone wants push button and win.
Ultimately yes, a Necromancer can beat anyone as long as they move faster than them and dodge as I had already stated in post #33 and post #37 of this thread. But I also pointed out that when it comes movement, as long as the other opponent(s) has the ability and skill to lock down the Necromancer then movement and dodging becomes null for the Necromancer because, simply, they can't.

In one of my posts of this thread I also made the statement that when it comes to balance suggestions that the skill of player's are not viable when it comes to balancing a class, for player skill does not relate to the classes balance in any way, shape, or form. So both your post I'm quoting and my reply to it do not really matter except for saying the fact that they don't.

Minor Edit: I made the mistake of saying "my thread" in the first sentence of the second paragraph when I originally posted. I had intended to say "this thread". Edit has been made. I included this for reference because I'm sure the mistake has been read already.