• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [OP]Necromancers

Well everyone is complaining about other classes that they think are OP, and I have my opinion. I think NecromancersWell are Op from the damage output they can easily make along with their signature skill, drainsoul. I mean honestly, this skill is a bit too powerful as it raises the power (and heal I think) as you level. A skill that can easily take 2 hearts from your taret AND heal you is a bit too much along with the quick cooldown. All the other skills seem balanced, but all the necro's dots and other skills can easily be spammed to crush you within seconds.

Another thing, HarmShield. Was this really necessary to give to an already powerful caster spec which are normally meant to be squishy? I mean 80% of damage for like 10 seconds is nearly invulnerability with the ability to attack still.

Ok, I'm done. Continue the discussion.

P.S. Vidal_B OP!

Nubberr

Coal
I have been a necromancer for a long time and they are slightly op right now. The point where they became too strong was when poison got buffed. It does 5 times the damage now and makes a necro's dps very high. Also, the range on necro's DoTs got nerfed in the past but poison never did. It retains its really high range for slowing people and also does damage. This makes necro's skillset too strong from the relatively balanced state it was at before. I suggest poison's range is nerfed or the damage is.

Drainsoul is a necromancer's bread and butter. A necromancer doesn't have very many immobilization skills because web is pretty ineffective against a fast target. Drainsoul keeps a necro's health up when it would normally drop incredibly quickly and since it replaces fireball, the healing is in place of the fire tick that would come from fireball.

Harmshield is a very situational skill because of its cooldown and mana cost. I only use it against a few classes that would crush me in seconds if i didn't. It costs a lot of mana and has a warmup. It can be stopped by a well placed bash or kick and it is very hard to use in actual combat. The damage has to be predicted because if harmshield is used at the wrong time it is just a waste of mana. I only really use it 1v1 and against rangers.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Another thing that makes necros a bit OP is the mana buff for all casters that was put in. IMO it benefits necromancer to much, unlike the other caster specs who didn't benefit as much. This allows them to spam all their skills.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I feel differently. I feel as if Necromancers are finally on par with other classes, and believe that most of these complaints stimulate either from DoD, or that no one really knows how to deal with their current mechanics yet in 1v1 encounters. A lot of classes have exceptional dps and maneuverability now, and it's only getting better.

I think necro's are on par with what I've seen from samurais, ninjas, and wizards in the last few weeks.

If the others are too weak, micro adjustments can be made to fix the balance. IMHO.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Necro>Beg>Wiz>Geo, it should be Necro=Beg=Wiz=Geo.
Wizard is balanced and therefore it should be the basis of caster specs (it being the most balanced unlike the others).
They should all be on par. Beguiler may be an exception because it is suppose to be a support.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Drainsoul does a full 2 hearts to a 60 ranger and 1 1/2 to a 60 pally. Its damage should be lowered as well considering it's insta-hit unlike other caster spec's fireball, which you need to aim. Necro is most frightening at medium and close range, and I believe this should be shifted to only medium range.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Also to all that disliked the original post, for god's sake post your opinion as well. A dislike is not helpful to anyone, user input is.

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm going to have to disagree with the opening statement. Sure they have gotten a bit more powerful but it just means that now people need to learn to handle them a bit differently. As xexorian had stated,
I feel as if Necromancers are finally on par with other classes, and believe that most of these complaints stimulate either from DoD, or that no one really knows how to deal with their current mechanics yet in 1v1 encounters. A lot of classes have exceptional dps and maneuverability now, and it's only getting better.
It needs to be taken into account that the 'tanking' caster class so to speak. They are meant to reduce damage taken and steal health back as their DoTs tick away on you. They're going to have a good chance of surviving against someone who doesn't learn how to control their movements or taking away their ability to use their skills. Basicly... They have a good chance against someone who can't PvP as well as that particular Necro.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Well everyone is complaining about other classes that they think are OP, and I have my opinion. I think NecromancersWell are Op from the damage output they can easily make along with their signature skill, drainsoul.
I've been saying this for the past month and a bit, but no one listens to me when it comes to balance.

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
I'm going to have to disagree with the opening statement. Sure they have gotten a bit more powerful but it just means that now people need to learn to handle them a bit differently. As xexorian had stated,

It needs to be taken into account that the 'tanking' caster class so to speak. They are meant to reduce damage taken and steal health back as their DoTs tick away on you. They're going to have a good chance of surviving against someone who doesn't learn how to control their movements or taking away their ability to use their skills. Basicly... They have a good chance against someone who can't PvP as well as that particular Necro.

Why would Necromancer be the tanking class, and at the same time have the highest DPS of any caster. That doesn't make much sense to me.

Right now they have a good chance of surviving against anyone, even people that can PvP better.

A

alexhoff1

Stop complaining about classes you can't beat w/o borderhopping.

You don't see me complaining about necros do you? nope. that's because I know how to beat them -.- .

xex- it is a caster spec.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Wrong? Isn't Beguiler a caster spec?
?? I didn't say that is wasn't a caster spec. Beguiler should be beat by the other classes because it isn't suppose to be superior in 1v1's, it is a support. Much like a bard. But atm it is much better support then a bard is.

PernixPike

Legacy Supporter 4
Stop complaining about classes you can't beat w/o borderhopping.

You don't see me complaining about necros do you? nope. that's because I know how to beat them -.- .

xex- it is a caster spec.

Just because your class is balanced against Necromancer, that doesn't mean all of them are.

A

alexhoff1

Just because your class is balanced against Necromancer, that doesn't mean all of them are.

true, but these guys try to defend ninja and then nerf necromancer, it's like they just want to make themselves the most OP and leave the server to rogue specs.

bit offtopic, but I think necros could be slightly nerfed on harmshield, like slow them well they activate it.
but they are not that far offbalanced.

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Yet are able to do 900insta damage in 1second flat to anyone without armor...