• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

On the topic of town defense...

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
So how bout town halls are made no pvp again, and then instead of graveyards, and bedspawning, when you die you spawn inside your towns town hall, the spawn point can either be set by mayor, or defaulted to dead center of your town.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
So how bout town halls are made no pvp again, and then instead of graveyards, and bedspawning, when you die you spawn inside your towns town hall, the spawn point can either be set by mayor, or defaulted to dead center of your town.
This would work well!

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I like this idea. It seems like a higher-level perk, though, which is really unfortunate because of course it's the little ones who can't get off the ground that need it.

Is HeroStronghold still a thing? If it is, I think utilizing it to let towns purchase their own perks (with perhaps a hard cap so you can't catch 'em all) with stuff like this included would be insanely beneficial. I could totes make all sorts of suggestions as to what should be included on that front.
EDIT: Following on from that- @Kainzo is there any page that details what exactly HeroTowns is capable of? I know other HeroPlugins have bukkit pages, but I guess Towns doesn't have one because it's HC-specific.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Camelot basicly built our walls the same day we bought regions, but then of course XD comes and blows them up permanently. (Funny thing is, they have 1 layer of cobble walls and they call our walls "ugly")
TnT is going to be a huge problem to towns, because people are abusing it.

SaberStone

Legacy Supporter 2
I like this idea. It seems like a higher-level perk, though, which is really unfortunate because of course it's the little ones who can't get off the ground that need it.

Is HeroStronghold still a thing? If it is, I think utilizing it to let towns purchase their own perks (with perhaps a hard cap so you can't catch 'em all) with stuff like this included would be insanely beneficial. I could totes make all sorts of suggestions as to what should be included on that front.
EDIT: Following on from that- @Kainzo is there any page that details what exactly HeroTowns is capable of? I know other HeroPlugins have bukkit pages, but I guess Towns doesn't have one because it's HC-specific.
Holy crap I'd love hero strongholds again. That perk thing was really cool.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Camelot basicly built our walls the same day we bought regions, but then of course XD comes and blows them up permanently... TnT is going to be a huge problem to towns, because people are abusing it.

I really don't get how it's OK for TNT to be used this way :confused:... How did TNT use get to be exempt from the rule banning griefing?

So maybe you use TNT to get into a building, but doesn't the griefing rule say you then have to replace all the damaged blocks?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I really don't get how it's OK for TNT to be used this way :confused:... How did TNT use get to be exempt from the rule banning griefing?

So maybe you use TNT to get into a building, but doesn't the griefing rule say you then have to replace all the damaged blocks?
They griefed a region, so they can't replace the blocks because they're not a member of the town. The TnT attacks also hit chests that were destroyed with its items.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Offtopic there guys , but TNT is supposed to regen any area destroyed after x time, that hasn't been implemented yet NEEDS TO BE FIXED
TnT needs to be turned off untill it's fixed. Any Miner can go on a grief spree now.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
I miss Bed Spawning but Ranting about it isnt going to help. I doubt you are getting Raided CONSTANTLY. If you are then move to a different location and hope they dont find you. Make allies and get them to back you up (which is what LF did in zeal) I don't think making new towns no pvp areas or whatever is a good idea. That would take away the hardcore aspect. I understand getting camped when you just want to build your nice little town is frustrating but getting all sweaty about it wont help.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I miss Bed Spawning but Ranting about it isnt going to help. I doubt you are getting Raided CONSTANTLY. If you are then move to a different location and hope they dont find you. Make allies and get them to back you up (which is what LF did in zeal) I don't think making new towns no pvp areas or whatever is a good idea. That would take away the hardcore aspect. I understand getting camped when you just want to build your nice little town is frustrating but getting all sweaty about it wont help.
What town was LF in Zeal?

I support no-pvp townhalls.