• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

No Reagents huh?

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
When can we expect this to happen? I see that it has been updated on the wikis though I haven't checked in-game as forums are first in my morning routine.
Reagent removals have been partially implemented annd will likely be finished in the next few hours. I am sorry, but the wiki doesn't currently reflect the code. I will post here when it is up to date.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I agree with;

+affecting player econ heavily because there's less things to sink money into now (then again sieges/ townships)
+less of a variety of items needed

I disagree with;

+bringing back regents (makes PVP a lot more fun and less dependable on who's spent the most for regents)
+not a lot to sell (Relics, special weapons, leather, enchanted items, hard to obtain items) will easily go up in price over time but brings a lot more competition with it

Suggestion;

Make player professions forfil their roles correctly and effectively;

-most food comes from farmers
-miners are only profession to use diamond picks and can only mine diamonds/ emeralds
-remove server tax on merchant chest shops. Up tax on other professions
Ect ect

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
These combat skills are retaining reagents:

1. utility/horse (DK/DreadSteed, Pal/HolySteedl)
2. utility/port (Necro/Hellgate, Beg/Teleport, Wiz/GTP)
3. utility/track (Ranger/Track)
4. attribute buffs (Druid/BruteForce, Cleric/Blessing, Cleric/Courage, BM/Englightenment, Beg/Splendor, Disc/Alacrity)
5. resurrections (Cleric/Revive and Pal/Revive, Shaman/Reincarnate and Druid/Reincarnate, BM/Awaken)

Fixes are hopefully coming in for Blink (is requiring a reagent but shouldn't) and Awaken (should require a reagent but doesn't). Yet to finalize what's happening with Invuln.

No profession skills have been harmed in the making of these changes.

@Watermelon_01

Last edited:

Theshadown

Stone
So, Shuriken's will continue to use flint ??
I really think it shouldn't, and its CD raised to 4 secs.

JacobBurkey

Portal
So, Shuriken's will continue to use flint ??
I really think it shouldn't, and its CD raised to 4 secs.
Nuclear told me shuriken is pretty much hardcoded with using flint, and Imo it should have to keep using flint. Unlimited arrows to use with no reagent? yeah, no.

Theshadown

Stone
Nuclear told me shuriken is pretty much hardcoded with using flint, and Imo it should have to keep using flint. Unlimited arrows to use with no reagent? yeah, no.
What's the diff between unlimited fireballs/boneSpears/blots and unlimited short range arrows? XD You are making no sense at all.

And.. backflip triggers the shurikens without spending flint, so it seems technically possible.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
What's the diff between unlimited fireballs/boneSpears/blots and unlimited short range arrows? XD You are making no sense at all.

And.. backflip triggers the shurikens without spending flint, so it seems technically possible.
It's not just the reagents but the cool downs of skills.

I think there should be a reagent on port also since it's utility skill.
Just why? Crafters can use a similar skill, port is just so that another class actually has the ability. That being said, a reagent of low cost wouldn't be unprecedented.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8

Just why? Crafters can use a similar skill, port is just so that another class actually has the ability. That being said, a reagent of low cost wouldn't be unprecedented.
Or unwarrented. It IS a utility skill after all.
Warp is a "To help noobs out" skill.
It wasn't a thing till noobs couldn't get to spawn cause they didn't know how/died/got stuck somewhere/didn't have a recall etc.

If it's not a combat skill it should either have a reagent or an extended CD.

Theshadown

Stone

Yup, that's why I said it should have 4 secs CD. A lot more sane that what I can do right now. With a stack of flint in a closed space I can just spam shurikens and kill u in 10 seconds.......

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Or unwarrented. It IS a utility skill after all.
Warp is a "To help noobs out" skill.
It wasn't a thing till noobs couldn't get to spawn cause they didn't know how/died/got stuck somewhere/didn't have a recall etc.

If it's not a combat skill it should either have a reagent or an extended CD.
In that case I'd prefer a reagent.

Yup, that's why I said it should have 4 secs CD. A lot more sane that what I can do right now. With a stack of flint in a closed space I can just spam shurikens and kill u in 10 seconds.......
Yeah but you'd have to hit me, it's not that easy.

Glacial_Reign

Portal

Port is a utility skill and all utility skills have a reagent. Kind of obvious that it needs a reagent

Theshadown

Stone
I suppose but it's a skill that doesn't have one already, isn't the point of no reagents to eliminate some reagents?
I think port needs reagent so u can't use after dying. But of course it should be a trivial reagent, like 32 redstone dust.

JacobBurkey

Portal

You have no idea about what you're talking about at all. Fireball is a wizards/the other classes that have it core low level skill. It has nothing to do with shuriken, and it's never had a reagent. I have no idea why you're bringing in bonespear, and bolt was the only skill you listed that had a reagent. The whole point of removing reagents is to get rid the unfair advantage of whoever has a reagent has a strong advantage. Also, it makes pvp/leveling boring without getting to use some of your skills.

Theshadown

Stone
You have no idea about what you're talking about at all. Fireball is a wizards/the other classes that have it core low level skill. It has nothing to do with shuriken, and it's never had a reagent. I have no idea why you're bringing in bonespear, and bolt was the only skill you listed that had a reagent. The whole point of removing reagents is to get rid the unfair advantage of whoever has a reagent has a strong advantage. Also, it makes pvp/leveling boring without getting to use some of your skills.
Mmmmm u make no sense... at all.
Fireball had no reagents u say? that wasn't the point at all. The point is, why all projectiles (all combat skills actually) need no reagents EXCEPT the shuriken? what's so different between a fireball and the shuriken arrows? it's just another projectile skill..... only different visuals.
We are NOT talking about which skills need their reagent removed, they removed them ALL because they made no sense, so give the shuriken 4 seconds of cooldown and remove the reagent, be consistent with your own rules....
The ninja moved from a complete crap class to a somewhat usable, but it is still quite unbalanced (I switched to a runeblade even after this patch)

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Technically the ninja is a rouge class. I.e. a low armor, piercing damage FIGHTER. All the other classes that have projectile spells like that need them because of the way you have to play them. Ninja has the ability to become invisible and one-shot people (unless Nuclear fixed that). You don't necessarily need shurikens in a fight, more for a dire situation or if you are fighting a class with good range spells/attacks..

JacobBurkey

Portal
Mmmmm u make no sense... at all.
Fireball had no reagents u say? that wasn't the point at all. The point is, why all projectiles (all combat skills actually) need no reagents EXCEPT the shuriken? what's so different between a fireball and the shuriken arrows? it's just another projectile skill..... only different visuals.
We are NOT talking about which skills need their reagent removed, they removed them ALL because they made no sense, so give the shuriken 4 seconds of cooldown and remove the reagent, be consistent with your own rules....
The ninja moved from a complete crap class to a somewhat usable, but it is still quite unbalanced (I switched to a runeblade even after this patch)
You joined the server on the 14th of January and you're to say what class is crap and what isn't? Stop talking, you look silly.