• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Ninja stuff

malmenca

Diamond
I find that kind of triangle hugely flawed in anything but singleplayer games :(
I think that any class should have a chance to defeat any other class except maybe purely support ones.

I get angry, physically angry, when people say I'm a warrior I should beat a rogue. The fuck. You should have as much a change of killing someone as anyone else. And it can be done to be reasonably balanced. Their shouldn't be a goddamn rock paper scissor system that makes it pointless to fight certain classes. A warrior is too powerful with full armor to be killed by a rogue. That , to me, is broken as hell.

Xerot

Legacy Supporter 4
I think that if anything, ninja's ought to get some kind of armor piercing skill with either a short duration or a small percent chance to proc. It would easily offer ninjas some method of being able to at least stand a chance against warriors. Granted, it shouldn't be to the point to where ninja's can use said skill and almost instantly and make warriors their bitch. Only enough to at least have a chance to beat warriors down with a degree of skill.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm confused, people in other threads keep saying that ninjas silence for 9 sec. Even if garrote worked it would only do 4 + kick 2 is still only 6.

LordSeven

Legacy Supporter 7
I like the idea of taking away the verbose of smoke or changing it to "!!!" and giving the user of smoke the ability to attack without breaking it, but lowering the duration to like 6-7s. This will add more skill to pvp by requireing you to sneak up on your opponents, because if they see you vanish, they can just knock you out with a skill or attack. I think the mana cost is way too high on Smoke, and also on the skill One. Maybe reduce them both to 35-40 mana so you still have a tough choice in managing your mana, but you are not oom and unable to do anything after just 2 moves.

Also, the wiki says kick lasts for 5 seconds. (It has obviously been changed in game since then so this should be updated.)

Shadeking

Gold
I think that it would be ok with longer duration on smoke
But the other suggsetion with ninjas being able to attack and maintain smoke is just OP

LordSeven

Legacy Supporter 7
I've tested this, and it isn't as op as you make it out to be. You underestimate the ability to spam click targetable abilities. Friendly NPC pets are also not fooled and will attack the ninja out of Smoke. AoE also works extremely well.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm not sure about making smoke not break on attack, it's more of a sneak skill not a PvP skill. I think the best choose would be to change the cool down to maybe 2-3 mins instead of 5 and reduce the mana cost. Also make the duration last longer, maybe 15 sec. I think the practical use of this skill is to either sneak up on your target or get away from your target. But my biggest problem with smoke right now is the fact that it announces when you use the skill.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Last map ninjas were able to attack for 10 seconds during smoke and they still weren't op. It is usually very obvious what direction they are coming from so just spam spells/attacks in that direction and its likely you will hit.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm not sure about making smoke not break on attack, it's more of a sneak skill not a PvP skill. I think the best choose would be to change the cool down to maybe 2-3 mins instead of 5 and reduce the mana cost. Also make the duration last longer, maybe 15 sec. I think the practical use of this skill is to either sneak up on your target or get away from your target. But my biggest problem with smoke right now is the fact that it announces when you use the skill.
That's not the practical design or use of the skill. It is a combat avoidance / defensive skill.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
That's pretty much what i said but giving it another tactical defense style. And are there going to be any adjustments to ninja then?

This is honestly all based off of what they want to make the classes into. It's living your life in minecraft differently, not killing more people with more skills, I think most people completely miss the fact that it's not all pvp that if you choose a certain class; example being healer, you cannot take on the role of "The tank." To be honest yes, ninjas should do more damage only because 4 hp is pretty much an unspecced classes attack. However, has anyone stopped to think that maybe healers aren't supposed to take on mobs head on or maybe rogues aren't supposed to kill dreadknights in less than 3 hits?

I've seen many people say this, having a certain class is having a certain mindset. Oh, and honestly I can already see how this is going to turn out, soon as ninja gets his buff dreadknight complains, soon as dreadknight complains and gets his buff, healer complains and so on. You can say this game is "Only just beginning or is still in it's beta phase" but it's obvious that if the community didn't complain so much this server would be well ahead of where it is now.

TL;DR?, Ninja needs a small damage boost, people aren't mindset on their classes.

LordSeven

Legacy Supporter 7
I think the game is more about everyone feeling that their role is special in it's own way. Their class can do something the others cannot.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
This is honestly all based off of what they want to make the classes into. It's living your life in minecraft differently, not killing more people with more skills, I think most people completely miss the fact that it's not all pvp that if you choose a certain class; example being healer, you cannot take on the role of "The tank." To be honest yes, ninjas should do more damage only because 4 hp is pretty much an unspecced classes attack. However, has anyone stopped to think that maybe healers aren't supposed to take on mobs head on or maybe rogues aren't supposed to kill dreadknights in less than 3 hits?

I've seen many people say this, having a certain class is having a certain mindset. Oh, and honestly I can already see how this is going to turn out, soon as ninja gets his buff dreadknight complains, soon as dreadknight complains and gets his buff, healer complains and so on. You can say this game is "Only just beginning or is still in it's beta phase" but it's obvious that if the community didn't complain so much this server would be well ahead of where it is now.

TL;DR?, Ninja needs a small damage boost, people aren't mindset on their classes.

Okay, first of all who is talking about a ninja taking down a warrior especially dread knights? They're not supposed to because that's the PvP triangle. Second the biggest add on to the server that makes it so amazing and different is the heroes plugin. Which means that is still a big part of the server, but doesn't mean its the entire thing. Third why are you talking about healers in a ninja thread, because it has nothing to do with ninjas.