• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Ninja stuff

I'm not sure if its been noticed, but ninjas are in a really shitty place right now. Here is how I see the ninja's skills right now.

Tumble: Its awesome. Would not change.

Blackjack: Very luck based but when it procs it is nice. I have no suggestions for now

Escape artist: Here is where I start to have some problems. Escape artist is a nice way to get out of root and deep freeze and the like, but it has a huge cooldown.

Suggestion: Reduce cooldown to 1 minute or 45 or even 30 seconds.

Reasoning: All the abilities that escape artist counters are on a 15 second or less cooldown. Currently it is only useful once a fight.

Garrote: Nice ability IF IT WORKED. This ability is bugged and is not usable currently. Needs to be fixed

Smoke: It sounds awesome and seems like a nice spec defining skill, but its uses seem very limited. The fact that it actually announces that I am using it is really dumb and goes against the concept of the skill. It lasts a very short time and breaks whenever you do anything, even just punching the air.

Suggestions: Increase the duration to 15 seconds or reduce it to 7 but allow me to attack without breaking it. Remove the announcement of "<person> vanished in a cloud of smoke!"

Reasoning: The way it is right now, it doesn't last long enough to actually make you really stealthy and its uses are very limited. Increasing the duration fixes the stealthy issue or if you go for the reduced duration then it would give a combat use. I don't think this would be overpowered because if it lasted only 7 seconds then it is just like bladegrasp but weaker. Most casters seem to be able to pull you out of it with pulse, ice aura or even spamming deep freeze. Any melee can just run away from you and randomly swing to try to break it. If they don't know where to swing at because they didn't see you go invisible then that should work because it means you did a good job at being stealthy/ninjalike. Removing the announcement seems like common sense to me.

One: It is quicken as a level 55 skill on a far longer cooldown that only works for the ninja and not his party. Has its uses but is very disappointing for a level 55 skill.

Suggestions: Reduce the cooldown to 1 minute. Give it a jumping buff on top of the speed buff.

Reasoning: Cooldown just feels incredibly long for what it does. As many people know, when you get a speed boost, sprint jumping actually slows you down rather than speeds you up so giving it a jumping buff wouldn't increase the ninjas speed, just his maneuverability in certain environments. It would make it feel more unique and wouldn't cause balance problems really. The fact that ninjas have tumble also means that the jump buff wouldn't rape your health like it does to other people. (never vote when kainzo says he will give you buffs)

Please look over and comment on some of the suggestions I made <3

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
I tested with standman earlier today as a dragoon (probably the weakest warrior in a 1v1). With full armor he did 4 damage in one swing to me with a dia sword while I did 5 damage to him with a swing of a dia spade when he was fully armored. I can't even imagine how horrible it would be to fight a dreadknight, having to hit him 40 times before he dies even though you are supposed to be a huge damage dealer.

Ninjas are so worthless against anything that isn't a necro lol.

Darroes

Legacy Supporter 6
Ninja's and their close cousins thieves aren't supposed to do well against warriors ever but we do probably do too little damage to them still. On the other hand casters should be owned by rogues. In practice rogues get tooled around by them. So as it stands the only things a rogue can kill are healers and other rogues.

So, to start off, unspeced rogues are absolutely useless. to show you, ill compare all other unspeced classes with it.

Warrior: has armor, hp, and damage with sword. can kill players and mobs alike.
Caster: only leather/gold armor, hardly any hp but the highest damage class on the server. kills everything.
Healer: has range, a heal, etc, doesn't die easy.
Rogue: no armor, no hp, no range, hardly any damage, dies to everything from other players to mobs.

what i say we do is either add 1-2 chain-mail armor pieces that rogues can use so they don't die instantly from everything. therefore they could still die, but not as fast as casters which have range AND damage.

anyone wanna add anything else?

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
Your forgetting that rogues do get sneak and kick pretty quickly. You don't need armor if you use those skills correctly. But I know were your coming from. (I myself am a ninja)

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
I just recently switched to ninja, still only level 24. But I have looked into the skills and I think smoke needs to be adjusted. It shouldn't be announced when you use smoke because that's part of the stealth, the basic role of a ninja. Another thing would be the cool down time and the lasting time of smoke. I think the cool down should either be shortened or the using time goes up. Maybe either make the cool down time 3 mins instead of 5 or instead of lasting 10 sec make it last for 15. These are just a few suggestions that would help out the ninja, being one of the under played classes.

PS. Just for the sake of it thought I should add to the realism of the ninja, by maybe adding a jump skill. Possibly a passive 2-3 block jump. I'm not quite sure, but I think it would help the ninja a little without taking away from the dragoon so much.

Thanks, and let me know any other suggestions for the ninja :)

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
First of all, some of us (like me) just dont have the time.
I'm sure if you're so busy with life, then use the time in game to level instead of trying to kill people you know you're gonna die to.

-Get a spec'd buddy to help you level in terms of fighting mobs, because it's hard to fight creepers at low levels.
-Use leather and gold armor, as stupid as that sounds, it's actually a smart move for some people
-I have a life too, just because you don't have time for the game doesn't mean it's "too difficult to level"
-You shouldn't PvP much unspecced. You will die. Instead use the time spent raiding to level.
-Dark rooms are useful, especially in groups
-Once mob arena comes out leveling won't be so hard for some people.

Healers are easy to kill for other base paths, they have very low health and bandage can be easily stopped with kick.

Jinder745

Obsidian
So, to start off, unspeced rogues are absolutely useless. to show you, ill compare all other unspeced classes with it.

Warrior: has armor, hp, and damage with sword. can kill players and mobs alike.
Caster: only leather/gold armor, hardly any hp but the highest damage class on the server. kills everything.
Healer: has range, a heal, etc, doesn't die easy.
Rogue: no armor, no hp, no range, hardly any damage, dies to everything from other players to mobs.

what i say we do is either add 1-2 chain-mail armor pieces that rogues can use so they don't die instantly from everything. therefore they could still die, but not as fast as casters which have range AND damage.

anyone wanna add anything else?
When I was a Rogue I killed some specced people and beat most of the other classes Rogues are fine.

organicmom

Legacy Supporter 3
I completely support this ninjas need extra stuff or at least lesser cool downs and better damage levels. Also I agree with the smoke issue it needs a lesser cool down and maybe add the ability to walk on water

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Blitz sounds scary :eek:

Dart sounds a bit like blink

I'm going to say that Eviscerate is something like Disarm, maybe for armor?