• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New Plugins to Improve the Server!

Katabolt

TNT
Well, Ive thought up of quite a few ideas for Herocraft, and I think its time I share them. Now let me just say this before I get started- Herocraft is an AMAZING server, and by far the best one I've played on. But there is always room for improvement. That said..

Herocraft: the Multiverse. Multiverse, WHERE is the multiverse part of this server?? Sure we have the nexus which takes you to old maps, but as far as I know you cant actually DO anything there. If there was one singular thing I would change about this server, its the name, OR we create an actual multiverse. Well.. Ive been looking at what several of the other top MC servers have, and have been thinking of ideas myself for one.

Enable the nether: Pretty straight forward- implement the nether in game and take out the skill that allows only necros to access it (which isnt even functioning atm.

Skyworld: Im sure youv'e all heard of this, basically an Aether mod that crates a world full of floating islands in Multiplayer, and I think it would be pretty cool.

Dungeon world: Got this one off another server, but basically its a world of caves with chests fell of loot and large dungeons scattered about that regenerates every so often

Games world: This would be a world where players cannot take items in or out of, so as admins can span and give players items without ruining the economy. This would be a world full of different arenas, building contests, you name it!

Alright so there is that, but as you've probably guessed- IM NOT DONE YET! Nope, I've got alot more ideas comin.

Now a few times when I come on this server, I am feeling that there is no sense of purpose, like its getting a little boring and I cant think of what to do. What could we do to make it more interesting and change every day so as its always fun? QUESTS!

This rather came off another server as well, but I think it is a brilliant idea!

So First we create a system that can issue players quests, some set quests that can only be completed once, and random quests which re-occur over time. A certain number of random quests would be active each day, around 3 I would say. Random quests only stay active for 1 day, so players must hurry to complete them. And every day say at 3:00 AM, the random quests are reset and new ones are chosen.

Next we need a way to issue players out quests- NPCS!

So now that we have quests, SOMEONE should give them to the players right? So we use the bukkit Citizens mod (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/citizens) to facilitate this. OF course any other mod could be used, or DH could create thier own NPC mod, but this one is ready made and contains not only quest giving NPC's but a variety of others too! We could place NPC's in various locations (in Zeal and in other towns) to require players to go to certain locations to complete quests, or to benefit from other services the NPCs can give too. One very cool feature of the citizens mod, is that it creates guards which can be changed to guard a location of object. Another cool idea would allow players to hire these guards for a fee to guard them and aid in combat. This mod would really add a whole new feel to the server, and honestly I am dieing for it to get implemented someday!!

Ok now lets move on from that. I have been looking around on the Bukkit website, and have found sevral plugins that would be cool to implement, most of which use the Spoutcraft client mod to fully unlock the features. If we were however to implement Spout-optmized plugins, we would probably want to include SpoutCraft in our modpack.

Ok, well if we were to implement the NPC's mod, it would be nice if NPC's could have custom skins. Well this could be accomplished by implementing the Spout-optimized CitizenSpout!

Here is another plugin that I think would help out. So lets say a caster and a rogue wanted to trade items. At the moment, there isnt a way to do so safely as one of them could be a scammer. If we implement SpoutTrade it could be safe and each person knows what they are getting. However it doesnt have support for economy plugins, I think it would be a big help in the server!

Next we have another Spout-optimized plugin, which allows players to put up items for sale in a global market, called VirtualShop! Now if I am correct, this mod also allows you to specify areas where the global shop can be accessed, therefore not making it a huge impact on the current economy. What I would do with this plugin, is make the shop accessible throughout Zeal, and create small stands in towns (or other locations) where the area within is PvP free, and where the shop could be accessed.

Next, is a simple Spout-optimized plugin that allows Spout users to see their current money on their screen called SpoutWallet.

Lastly, I have found another simple Spout-optimized plugin which shows the current health of enemies as a GUI above their heads called HealthBar. This plugin also however requires users to have SpoutCraft installed to use its features.

Well, thats mostly it. All I have now is a couple of client-side mods I have found that don't provide unfair advantages to players which I believe should be allowed.

Minecraft Console, is a simple mod that is similar to Improved Chat in almost every way, but it brings up a chat window on your minecraft game. (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/680231-181-minecraft-console-v10/)

Also there is a mod called Toggle-able sneak which does just that- allowing sneak to be toggled by pressing SHIFT instead of needing to hold it down. (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/123409-v181-wdmods-creepers-sneak-and-chat/)

That concludes my list of suggestions for the time being, I hope you enjoyed reading!

@Kainzo @Apherdite whadda ya think?

Razael6

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm just saying Hc will have nether in 1.9, I cant see other worlds happening. I can see HC making it's on quest plugin. NPC's probably a no. Also HC just made spoutcraft legal, but they wont be doing any thing with spout till Minecraft's official release if I heard correctly. Any way that's my thoughts.

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
Actually the server already does a little with spout ;)

when you level up you get an achievement thingy come up saying level up! and what level you achieved :p

Also in reply to the OP; i can imagine lots of spout related things coming in after minecrafts full release. I'm pretty sure quests are coming, and HC may be adding more worlds in the future, we don't know :p

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Why enable the Nether now when in 1.9 it will be changed in a rediculous ammount of ways. The nether during Sanctum was a confusing, war torn, ghast-overpopulated, hell. It was that very hell that I called home!

I really like the changes implemented into the nether's terrain with 1.9 and I would much rather we wait for it to come out before it's implemented.

Also when it does go in, it will probably be via multiverse, and not the vanilla function. For, it is much more fun and interesting to do it the old way, where there was some kind of challenge/puzzle/maze you must complete to reach the portal where the mv mod kicks in and warps you to the nether spawn. It also gives reason for a netherspawn to be built!

Also, we can't just include sprout in Neo's modpack to unlock all the server's new features you're suggesting. The beauty of HC is that you are not required to install or download ANYTHING to make it work. You can just apply, log in, and play. Some people don't like playing with mods.

GraRona

Portal
Well, all the plugins he listed didn't require spout. If you happen to use spout while the plugins are on a server you will get all the benefits like wallet on screen and safe trading. If you aren't using spout you wouldn't get those features. In my opinion, spout shouldn't be added because the players who's computers just can't start up spout (like mine) or don't want to use it (privacy issues etc.) will be at a disadvantage to those who are using spout.

Multiverse: The only things I also want in the multiverse are a no-pvp mining world refreshed every now and then, and a world with no-pvp where you can't break things and mob spawners EVERYWHEREEEE.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Multiverse: The only things I also want in the multiverse are a no-pvp mining world refreshed every now and then, and a world with no-pvp where you can't break things and mob spawners EVERYWHEREEEE.

Trouble is, that's not what HC is about :/

What about the thrill of avoiding players and mobs while mining? Or the thrill of the hunt! (weather it be mobs or people lol)

If anything a questing map where a ton of dungeons are pre-prepared for us would be cool. However I'd only like it if they were all regioned, and all the wild space around it was not. So you can make little bases and such.

EDIT: however, little regioned dungeons littered around the live map would probably be cooler. I just don't like how Zeal map has generated the terrain :/

GraRona

Portal
Mobs definitely in the mining world, but I don't know about pvp. All the noobs (like me) would go mining in the mining world to gain exp. All the specced veterans sensing exp for the spec classes which require killing people to level, will come to the mining world to camp, and kill all us noobs. Or, something could be set up in the mining world where only torches and cobblestone can be placed.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Mobs definitely in the mining world, but I don't know about pvp. All the noobs (like me) would go mining in the mining world to gain exp. All the specced veterans sensing exp for the spec classes which require killing people to level, will come to the mining world to camp, and kill all us noobs. Or, something could be set up in the mining world where only torches and cobblestone can be placed.

Ever since mob spawners have given less exp, people of all classes have been mining to gain exp. Even if it gives you less based on your class. It doesn't stop them.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're waiting to enable more multi worlds because of the soon 1.9 launch. :)

Thanks for the suggestions :) Some of these are already planned will be taking the rest into consideration