• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New Party Frames - See the HP and Mana of all your party members!

Grinch

Obsidian Staff
Spoutcraft is Minecraft with a bunch of mods added to it. Optifine is a part of it but a modified version due to the fact that when we added it the maintainer of Optifine didn't know what the heck he was doing.

Spoutcraft will naturally have lower FPS due to the additional mods. Here are some tips and tricks to help get the most out of your FPS.

Lower the graphic settings!
Yes, I know. You can do maxed out options and a high resolution texture pack with Vanilla. Want a giant cookie? This isn't vanilla, its meant to allow you to do more in the game than Vanilla can do.​

Turn off the minimap
The minimap can drastically reduce your frame-rate on older graphic cards. Its highly suggested you turn this off if you have extremely low FPS.​

Defragment your computer
Yes it sometimes is that simple. Sometimes people are too stupid to realize they lag in Vanilla AND Spoutcraft and just assume it is Spoutcraft (Not accusing anyone directly). Defragment your computer and hope for the best!​

Update your graphic card drivers
Updating the drivers will help a lot as usually the company that powers them (Intel, AMD, nVidia) provide lots of fixes/optimizations in newer drivers.​

Update Java!
Update to Java 7, Update 4. Do it!​
Regardless, I do not think this needs to be a "Spoutcraft sucks" or "How do I improve my framerate" thread. :p Since the topic is "New Party Frames".

On Topic: I'd like to see a more refined/slimmed version of the party frames. They are currently a bit bulky.

unknownloner

Coder
Legacy Supporter 7
And... There is now an option in the party options screen to show the coordinates of your party members. This option is independent of what type of party frame you are using.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Can we stop working on things in game, and work on the laggy spout start up screen. Its a bit rediculas when it takes 3 minutes to click on the multiplayer button.

Grinch

Obsidian Staff
Can we stop working on things in game, and work on the laggy spout start up screen. Its a bit rediculas when it takes 3 minutes to click on the multiplayer button.

I don't get you people. Why do you think the Herocraft Devs are all the Spout Devs? They ARE NOT. Admittedly some of the Spout Team plays on this server and not all of them are Devs here.

As for Spoutcraft's laggyness. @Afforess is attempting to find the cause and fix it but it isn't as simple as saying "Lets fix it!". It takes time, and effort. Complaining solves nothing especially when half of the people that complain do not even feel like submitting an issue on our JIRA issue tracker (http://issues.spout.org).

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
I understand this but I continually have to close spout over and over again till it lets me click on it. I noticed this ever since the new pictures on the screen.

Afforess

Glowstone
Whining about shit solves nothing. Asking and suggesting improvements gets stuff done.

For example, latest builds (1479+) allows you to turn off the main menu animation. Click the "Animate" text in the corner.

Popeyepoop1

Legacy Supporter 7
Really? Cause it takes me like 5 seconds to log in, if that. Sounds like its your problem, not Spouts.

But, on topic, good job so far on the frames. I love them <3

unknownloner

Coder
Legacy Supporter 7

Basically don't ask me to fix spout problems instead of making features for spout on the server, because I don't know how to fix those problems. Other than that, the issues do need to be fixed but as others have said that takes time and requires people reporting the bugs.