• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New Enchantment Mechanics?

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Ultimately though, I think with the custom-drops coming, enchanters may lose power overall unless you need X/Y specifically.
Yes - this saddens me. It's going to be interesting to see how this affects Enchanters. Like - are "god items" form dungeons going to be so wide-spread that everyone uses them, and everyone has a bunch spare? If this happens, then Enchanters will probably be useless.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
It's not by design to have a master of enchants to level by mining. The system in place is a byproduct.

I think adding reagents to enchants or even a cooldown would be neat. We're trying to make the professions more unique and less "this is how you level over and over again"

Adding a cool down would be disasterous unless you specifically get to pick your enchant. Right now the enchant you get is random and with disenchant you remove it and try again. But if you apply a cool down it will make this even more of a pain to get the enchants you want without spending all day trying to enchant a few items.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Adding a cool down would be disasterous unless you specifically get to pick your enchant. Right now the enchant you get is random and with disenchant you remove it and try again. But if you apply a cool down it will make this even more of a pain to get the enchants you want without spending all day trying to enchant a few items.
Yea - this is true. Reagents may be the way to go.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Yea - this is true. Reagents may be the way to go.

Reagents would rock - make every enchant need a slimeball or zombie flesh -- everyone gets so much of these worthless things. Make the good enchants require gold bars / ores or other alchemical items. Will both limit them and provide a boost to the alchemists who only make high end stuff for town upgrades and potions.

You want protection 4 armor - you need some End Stone. You want efficiency 3 - that adds a speed 2 potion to the cost.
Could be a huge boon to the economy.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Reagents would rock - make every enchant need a slimeball or zombie flesh -- everyone gets so much of these worthless things. Make the good enchants require gold bars / ores or other alchemical items. Will both limit them and provide a boost to the alchemists who only make high end stuff for town upgrades and potions.

You want protection 4 armor - you need some End Stone. You want efficiency 3 - that adds a speed 2 potion to the cost.
Could be a huge boon to the economy.
I doubt it will be this indepth - though I'd like it.

What's the reagent to disenchant an item? Perhaps its best we add one if one is not involved...

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
I doubt it will be this indepth - though I'd like it.

What's the reagent to disenchant an item? Perhaps its best we add one if one is not involved...

To disenchant... hmm... can't be anything crazy so maybe a pumpkin ? Might as well make the used for something other than town upgrades and pies. Or Sugar Cane...

borislow

Stone
There should be a nerf, I agree, but enchanting should give not take xp, as Kainzo was saying

I like the alchemy involved idea. I was reading the stuff you could make in the cauldron and for many of them I was wondering why I'd ever make something like end stone. I simply wanna go alchemy just to make potions. Lvl 28 atm can't wait.