• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New colored leather armor

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Well as most of you know in the new minecraft snapshot you will be able to color leather armor. I was just wondering @Kainzo will there be a different color leather for each class that wears leather. Example: Caster would wear like green armor, or something and healers would wear yellow leather armor, etc..

What do you think? Is this even possible?

Joka10

Soulsand
Personally, I don't really think that the color of leather armor should be restricted based on class... Leather isn't very high quality armor, but using the new color system, people could have color-coded team uniforms if they wanted. I guess that's unlikely just because leather is so weak relative to other armors, but it still seems like a bad idea to remove the possibility.

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
In the new snapshot there is invisibility potions xD I would love to see those in herocraft.

donnymeyer

Obsidian
Personally, I don't really think that the color of leather armor should be restricted based on class... Leather isn't very high quality armor, but using the new color system, people could have color-coded team uniforms if they wanted. I guess that's unlikely just because leather is so weak relative to other armors, but it still seems like a bad idea to remove the possibility.
one could wear their strongest armor, then a leather helmet

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I think the ability to dye leather armour should be given to anyone, and shouldn't be class/profession specific.

Joka10

Soulsand
Smoke wouldn't be useless. If you've used the invisibility potion, you know that it only disguises the player, not their armor or tools. The only way anyone could be truly invisible would be if they were wearing no armor and carrying no items. Thus, it's pretty ineffective for PvP.

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
I think the ability to dye leather armour should be given to anyone, and shouldn't be class/profession specific.
I like the idea of different leather colors per class, it would be like color coding all the classes so you walk out see a big yellow guy, then you automatically know, ok this guys a caster.

Diamond_Map

Banned
In the new snapshot there is invisibility potions xD I would love to see those in herocraft.
My question is why would you disagree to this?

What is the point of restricting something the game-designers work so hard to create?
Let me explain:

- Invis pots don't have to be a one-class item, and hell, you could make it so we can't use one but one time a week-- fine by me so long as they remain an item in herocraft.

- With this it would make for SUCH a fun challenge to try and sneak into towns un-noticed and then reveal yourself as a raider just as the un-lucky victim reveals his chest of diamond goodies.

- You and your team could also use this to sneak into a town and surprise attack everyone within.

Having these pots would create such a large amount of enjoyment for players who are more PVP based and frankly, to disagree with allowing them in herocraft is just annoying most of all because of how large of an opportunity you are suppressing intentionally.

My two cents.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8

What is the point of restricting something the game-designers work so hard to create?
Let me explain:

- Invis pots don't have to be a one-class item, and hell, you could make it so we can't use one but one time a week-- fine by me so long as they remain an item in herocraft.

- With this it would make for SUCH a fun challenge to try and sneak into towns un-noticed and then reveal yourself as a raider just as the un-lucky victim reveals his chest of diamond goodies.

- You and your team could also use this to sneak into a town and surprise attack everyone within.

Having these pots would create such a large amount of enjoyment for players who are more PVP based and frankly, to disagree with allowing them in herocraft is just annoying most of all because of how large of an opportunity you are suppressing intentionally.

My two cents.
These aspects of the game are for the ninja class/other rogue specs. Taking that away from ninja would make it less unique of a class. Why would you go ninja if you could go paladin and get invisibility too boot? Doesn't seem fair to me.

MajorasMask

Ungodly

Let me explain:

My two cents.

Invisibility potions are OP. Enough said.

Diamond_Map

Banned
These aspects of the game are for the ninja class/other rogue specs. Taking that away from ninja would make it less unique of a class. Why would you go ninja if you could go paladin and get invisibility too boot? Doesn't seem fair to me.

You make a valid point, though I think Joka said it best:

Smoke wouldn't be useless. If you've used the invisibility potion, you know that it only disguises the player, not their armor or tools. The only way anyone could be truly invisible would be if they were wearing no armor and carrying no items. Thus, it's pretty ineffective for PvP.
[DOUBLEPOST=1345991756,1345991699][/DOUBLEPOST]
Invisibility potions are OP. Enough said.
How can you make that judgement call?

The content has yet to be released in anything but a few screenshots.

Joka10

Soulsand
The content has yet to be released in anything but a few screenshots.
It was actually released in Thursday's snapshot, so you can test its functionality.

I think it should probably be restricted to rogues, just because they are the sneaky group, but it really doesn't matter overall which classes get it. Warriors and Rogues are melee classes, so they pretty much have to have a sword (or alternative weapon) in hand to do anything. Warriors also are heavily reliant on armor. Holding a sword (or any tool) and/or wearing armor totally defeats the purpose of the invisibility potion because they can still be seen. Thus, the only way to be stealthy with the invisibility potion is by going somewhere completely unarmed. You could get into a town this way, but you couldn't kill anyone because they could see you. It would be an effective stealth-raiding tool, but nothing really beyond that.

I would personally not like the idea of it being given to Casters and some Healer specs though, because they don't really rely on tools and armor that much. A Disciple can do a lot of damage with just a fist (which is invisible), and a Caster who manages to get a legal keybind mod could wreak havoc with an invisibility potion. Also, some Caster specs have the ability to teleport their friends to their location, which, if used with the invisibility potion, could quite reasonably be called OP.

I also think that, if it were added, Recall should be unable to be used while invisible. While only one person could benefit from a Recall (with the exception of some Caster specs), it could still allow them to do massive damage to a town's resources effectively invincibly.

Actually, I suggest that skills be completely unusable (except maybe for Rogue classes) while invisible. This would make the potion only useful for basically nonviolent covert raiding, because carrying weapons and wearing armor would give someone away immediately. The only maverick there is the disciple because their weapon is their fist. I'm not quite sure how you would get around that.

Also, why are we discussing invisibility potions in this thread?

ICherry_girl

Glowstone
I swear to god jeb is watching us and forcing us to adapt to different implements that do absolutely nothing but troll other users. *Cough cough* JEB IS EVIL *Cough cough*

In all seriousness, I think that if you're going to give invisibility only to rogues, they're not going to be using their other invisibility skills. Just sayin'.

Also..
1. Go to heavily guarded base.
2. Wait for someone to open it.
3. Slip in undetected.
4. Grab stuff.
5. Teleport out.
6. ?????
7. Profit

Joka10

Soulsand
In all seriousness, I think that if you're going to give invisibility only to rogues, they're not going to be using their other invisibility skills. Just sayin'.
They will be using their other invisibility skills, though, because those skills also disguise their armor and weapons. An invisibility potion could not be used as a quick escape/entrance into battle, unlike smoke, because you would have to remove your weapons and armor to be invisible. It also could not be used as a good ambush method, like fade, for the same reasons. The invisibility effect that comes from the potion is only effective when the user is completely unarmed. Only Disciples/Casters could profit from that much at all in PvP

ICherry_girl

Glowstone
They will be using their other invisibility skills, though, because those skills also disguise their armor and weapons. An invisibility potion could not be used as a quick escape/entrance into battle, unlike smoke, because you would have to remove your weapons and armor to be invisible. It also could not be used as a good ambush method, like fade, for the same reasons. The invisibility effect that comes from the potion is only effective when the user is completely unarmed. Only Disciples/Casters could profit from that much at all in PvP
I've seen mods that equip and unequip armor with a button stroke, there is/has/will always be a way to work the system, it's only human.

Whatever the easiest route is, they'll take. Making potions that are six minutes long, when the cooldown for consuming the potion is 30 seconds.. Yeah. I wonder which they'll choose..

I know I would choose to do that, rather than waste my stamina.

Joka10

Soulsand
I've seen mods that equip and unequip armor with a button stroke, there is/has/will always be a way to work the system, it's only human.
These are illegal on this server, though, so somebody caught using them would be banned. Thus, via legal methods, the invisibility potion is not viable for PvP (unless you are a caster or disciple).