• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Nerf Smite

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Those disciplines got nerfed barely. they still can force push u off a 10 high hill and instant kill. or perhaps force pull u off a cliff with them as they safe fall to safety. then theres the fist fights... who can beat a disciple hand to hand? reducing the range only hurts the people who were using disciplines for the reasons the powers were nerfed.
You rarely ever fight anyone on a cliff, and if you do, why would you follow a disciple up a cliff?

Why would you PvP with fists only, and if you are, any caster spec would rape you.

The range nerf nerfes the main reason disciples are disciples, and halves their capability in PvP.

BulkPhase

Obsidian
You wear leather armor and have 106 health. You can't even safely force pull or push someone without taking 30 damage easily and you're not always on a high hill during fights.

I'm not going to play a class that is solely dependent on the terrain of a map. That's just ridiculous.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Forcepull wasn't changed what-so-ever.

The distance per-level was adjusted for all healers for Smite (it was set to a higher number than I'd like)
Base of 8 + 10.8 (0.2 x 54 levels) = 19

It was a quick fix that I'll tweak more later.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Forcepull wasn't changed what-so-ever.

The distance per-level was adjusted for all healers for Smite (it was set to a higher number than I'd like)
Base of 8 + 10.8 (0.2 x 54 levels) = 19

It was a quick fix that I'll tweak more later.
Kainzo please revert the range nerf on forcepush/pull, it has a range of 4 blocks which allows anyone to get into melee range before I can push them back, I'm fine with the smite nerf but nerfing forcepush/pull at the same time is just overdoing it. This made disciples useless against rogues, and reduced the PvP efficiency against casters and warriors with 50%.

Just like what happened to Miner, Disciple is now becoming a ghost class :(
Also, smite has a range of 5 at level 43, is that how it's supposed to be?

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Yea when i have been fighting recently it seems the time they are close enough to smite/forcepush they are already in my face and kicked me. And in my opinion disciples are a very balanced class, Reborn seems 100% but @Kainzo said it was only 50% (hard to believe I know)

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Disciples are strong, but that's because they are more complete than some classes (the ones that need more skills, and more nerf/buff attention). Some of the people who complain about issues with classes like disciple aren't very good opinions on the matter.

Do they need some kind of nerf? Maybe, but I see it as finding money in your jeans pocket after washing them, and complaining that it's all krinkled up.

BulkPhase

Obsidian
Disciples are strong, but that's because they are more complete than some classes (the ones that need more skills, and more nerf/buff attention). Some of the people who complain about issues with classes like disciple aren't very good opinions on the matter.

Do they need some kind of nerf? Maybe, but I see it as finding money in your jeans pocket after washing them, and complaining that it's all krinkled up.
Complete with the nerf that just happened, talking about another one is just ridiculous.

When you play the class and PvP often with it, judge it then.

teddytazer

Soulsand
I will admit that most of my negative views on disciple are based on the fact that they rape necromancers. But.. I do think its retarded to have such a long range smite and force push combined with heal. Im sure many munchkins are sad. (also necromancer just lost 2 of the best skills they had)

I will admit that most of my negative views on disciple are based on the fact that they rape necromancers. But.. I do think its retarded to have such a long range smite and force push combined with heal. Im sure many munchkins are sad. (also necromancer just lost 2 of the best skills they had)

What did they lose, was this documented anywhere? I have heard nothing about this. We need better documentation about stuff like this.

teddytazer

Soulsand
What did they lose, was this documented anywhere? I have heard nothing about this. We need better documentation about stuff like this.

They have taken away my trusty Sidekick the magical skeleton... For he was definatly OP slaying fools in non-pvp. taking shot directed at me and of course distracting my enemies while I laid my death magic upon them. Also they removed Unholy ritual... :( My only way to regen mana considering necros dont get consume or replenish.. Used to be able to sacrifice good ole skeleton sidekick for 20mana for only the low cost of 1 bone. But enough of the necronerf more about how we can screw them holy types more!

Lil122j

Stone
1 skeleton wouldn't do much in a no-pvp area unless its target is afk. Those who do go afk would get pushed in water and have their stuff stolen anyways.