• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Make War Put Entire PvE Continent in PvP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
The only people who are pushing for more war are the southern residents.

It was stated right in the first post:
... noobs don't like PvP.
More war will result in people logging off during war to avoid it, or senseless kills on people who do not enjoy PvP and want very little to do with it.

That being said, I think the entire region going to war at once is a very bad idea, though I think the concept of wars is fun.
Create 5 regions on PvE with rolling times of war. Only active in one region at a time, but one will always be at war. There also needs to be something to actually gain from these wars such as special drops.

Ice_Burner

Legacy Supporter 1
I like @Jonsoon 's idea as well. Granted, my idea wasn't thought through as well since I didn't take into consideration the PvE'ers.

I do feel as if PvE should have regions dedicated to PvP, but make Peace last for 2 hours in one dedicated region, and War for 1 hour in a dedicated region. In there it would be like Conquest points last map, where if you controlled it you would get some Medals of Vengeance, gold, souls, and mobs are spawned in. As well as that, if your group holds the post for an entire half hour, each of you get, say, a special item or a large amount of souls. It will increase the amount of groups going there and seeing if they can hold it out for the rewards and the 30-minute reward.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
I'm wondering why more people aren't excited for Arenas, I see many of you crying for lack of PvP in the PvE areas, but is that really competitive? "Let's go kick the shit out of a bunch of under-leveled inexperienced players." That's not real PvP in my opinion, and I can see how it would be enjoyable for the victors, but how long do you think people will log on to have someone come jam their dick down their throat for 3+hours, or however long it takes for them to quit? Then you'll be crying "server's dead" when nobody wants to play anymore. It's beneficial for your KDR's, but doesn't serve a REAL purpose beyond that. Objectives would be a great way to add world pvp, without rewarding people for camping noobs/under-leveled players/solo-players. Just put yourself in their shoes and ask yourself how long you would tolerate groups of people kicking your dick into the dirt before you called it quits. Competitive PvP should be the goal, not mindless slaying of novice players.

Last edited:

Ruger392

Obsidian
I'm wondering why more people aren't excited for Arenas, I see many of you crying for lack of PvP in the PvE areas, but is that really competitive? "Let's go kick the shit out of a bunch of under-leveled inexperienced players." That's not real PvP in my opinion, and I can see how it would be enjoyable for the victors, but how long do you think people will log on to have someone come jam their dick down their throat for 3+hours, or however long it takes for them to quit? Then you'll be crying "server's dead" when nobody wants to play anymore. It's beneficial for your KDR's, but doesn't serve a REAL purpose beyond that. Objectives would be a great way to add world pvp, without rewarding people for camping noobs/under-leveled players/solo-players. Just put yourself in their shoes and ask yourself how long you would tolerate groups of people kicking your dick into the dirt before you called it quits. Competitive PvP should be the goal, not mindless slaying of novice players.
World PvP

JacobBurkey

Portal
You guys all keep saying pvpers want kdr, none of us honestly care about it. We joke about it, but nobody really cares. We just want to pvp. If you guys want PvE, go find a creative server. @barbas0l Yes there's going to be arenas, but pvpers want world pvp. We want town v town, but every town is in PvE hiding. There's 4, maybe 5 towns in PvP that actually have fights against each other. There should be way more world pvp.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
You guys all keep saying pvpers want kdr, none of us honestly care about it. We joke about it, but nobody really cares. We just want to pvp. If you guys want PvE, go find a creative server. @barbas0l Yes there's going to be arenas, but pvpers want world pvp. We want town v town, but every town is in PvE hiding. There's 4, maybe 5 towns in PvP that actually have fights against each other. There should be way more world pvp.
Most PvE players do not want to PvP, hence them living in the north... Push PvP on them too much and they may leave, as you said, and you will then be still stuck with the same group pf PvP players in the south.

Not to mention that if you raid a PvE town, they will more than likely not leave the safety of their town, and you will still get no PvP gratification.

skittles32009

Legacy Supporter 7
Just an idea, how about having a limit to the amount of towns in the north, and in order to create a new town, an older town would need to be destroyed through war or bought by another player or w/e?

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff

So you speak for all of the PvP'ers now? I enjoy PvP, but I want competitive PvP. I agree there should be more world PvP, but it shouldn't come at the cost of another players ability to enjoy the game. You're the perfect example of the 'troll' pvp that I'm talking about, out man a group of people then yell "roasted/rekt/pussy" when they don't want to come out. Ask anyone who's been on the server for an extended period of time, I'll pvp just like everyone else haha, but with no raiding ability or rewards from world PvP, what's the point? "We joke about it, but nobody really cares" then how can I take anything you say seriously? You're just driving my point home champ. Come up with some constructive ideas and maybe we can talk, but until then you're just exercising your right in mind diarrhea and doing what you do best, trolling. I don't even belong to a town at the moment, so again do your homework before you act like you know me or what I play for kid.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
You guys all keep saying pvpers want kdr, none of us honestly care about it. We joke about it, but nobody really cares. We just want to pvp. @barbas0l Yes there's going to be arenas, but pvpers want world pvp. We want town v town, but every town is in PvE hiding. There's 4, maybe 5 towns in PvP that actually have fights against each other. There should be way more world pvp.
Is that why when we get 6v2'd we get told we suck? And if we hide from a 6v2 we still suck? And why raiders have literally come to our to town and said "We just want to the kills, you guys are easy"? And why they rage when we 6v2 them with our town? (Apparently, a town with 6 people on sucks because all 6 of us team up take down 2 raiders. Dont fucking raid a town then)

No one cares about KD huh?
Also, about that whole World pvp thing, why do you want to PvP the PvE'ers? You know they don't want to and probably aren't the same level of "skill" or Heroes Level as you and the other raiders. Raid each other. Organize actual fights. Stop being an asshole to every noob you see and let people play the game. Those who want to pvp will, and those who don't will leave.

If you guys want PvE, go find a creative server.
Why can't you find a Kit PVP server then? At it's core, yes, Heroes IS a PvP plugin. However, it is still a fun plugin to use on it's own. The skills are entertaining to mess around with and there's some unique psychology behind leveling up that I don't feel like explaining, and sometimes you can get with a nice group of people.

Someone always ends up mentioned OG Umbra or the originial TC. Well those groups are like the ones the PvE'ers formed. A group of friends who all enjoy the same thing. Those groups enjoyed PvP, while the new ones enjoy PvE.

I'll say it again:
Stop trying to force the way YOU want to play on OTHERS. That's how the server dies. Keep forcing PvE'ers out and you're gonna end up with no one playing again, and the same 3-4 groups to PvP. Everyone else will either leave, hide, or always run cause they're lvl 1 and you have 5 people who are 61.

A good fix for war: There is always a war zone. However it moves around the map. War zones are active for 45 minutes, after which they move location. This stops one place from being camped for a long time, but also makes the entire PvE continent not 100% safe.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Pretty sure Bastion was popular, as I recall there wasn't PvE on Bastion.
No but there were 3 maps and impenetrable towns. People who wanted to avoid trolls could.

Also near the end of Bastion, as changes were made to accommodate players asking for the same things you and others like you are asking for now, the majority of the player base left.

Its been the same cycle over and over since DG. The server makes some rule changes at the start of a new map to attract a wider player base. The map launches with record player counts. The number slowly balances out to a population slightly higher than the mean population on the previous map. A few highly vocal players with your type of attitude complain until they are accommodated, within weeks population dies off.

If it were a snake it would bite you but you're too dim to see it. Tough shit. The rest of us are not willing to relive that cycle. In the words of you and those like you, if you don't like it take a hike.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
The classic debate continues.
There used to only be one map and that worked out just fine - arguably better than it is now. Why though? Because a breed of competitive and childish player was introduced who just wants to rape and pillage anything that comes near them.

Camping lost souls for hours? Check.
Massive raids on people who wanted nothing to do with PvP? Check.
Trash talk and harassment for not being a PvP god? Check.

What made the game fun for few made the game suck for many. It drove the masses away and promoted an elitist "I mastered this class before the guy who just joined, so I win" attitude.

Then when it was just the PvP elitists left and there was no one to PvP, they all got bored. Then the question 'why is no one playing' was asked and no one could seem to figure it out. People had this "Well gee, I've killed every living thing in a fifty mile radius, why is there nothing more to kill?" mentality that blinded them to their own work. Players were being driven away by the mindless amounts of PvP and experienced players were getting bored and decided to leave because apparently players don't respawn like mobs.

PvE is a way to introduce players into the old Herocraft where everyone got along. The Herocraft many older players like myself dream of. Its a way to gather the player base without letting the mindless hoards of horny trash-talking thirteen year olds cannibalize them before they get a chance to even check the place out.

The solution is not to kill PvE. The solution is to PvP less than we do now in a PvP setting.

Make everything PvP? Sure, you've got my vote. But it requires something on your part too. PvP less. If you think you're part of the solution, it is very possible that you're part of the problem.

What kind of player subjugates themselves to being beaten to death over and over again, especially if they dont have to? No one.

If we bring the continents back together the PvPers will have their fun until every last PvEer will up and leave because they're really not interested in being the plaything for hoards of pubescent american males. It would be repeating history, it would be breaking Herocraft again!

However my point still stands. Continents merge. We PvP less than we do. Things go well. I've seen it work. I've seen the server at max capacity, I've seen players whine about not being able to log on because we've got 525/500 players online. PvP isn't the solution, its the problem. With something as complex as a Minecraft server you can't just slap some duct tape on it and 'fix' it.

The solution is simple but no one wants to go the length to do it.

If you want to kill everyone all the time, go play Call of Duty. Its that whole mentality that split the server in two anyway. Keeping that mindset will not fix the problem. We can all agree that there is something wrong with the current system but no one seems all that keen on actually changing the way they go about things.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. The push for the PvP/PvE merge is just so that the drought of helpless victims that PvPers love to prey on so much will end. Its sort of sickening.

Note: These were written in October and are slightly edited to fit current events. They may contain slight errors.

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
That's what they did when PVE was added
How? PvP was still around, they chose to leave a server that still offered their playstyle.
Removing PvE removes the choice of PvP or PvE, and most of the PvE players DO NOT WANT TO PvP, so they're just going to leave.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
This debate is over PvPers and PvEers. Who has the majority and who is the ultimate goal aimed at as seen by the rules and gameplay?

The goal is everyone. The "majority" shouldn't have a say greater than the minority (At the end of the day, Staff really has the say but still)

Back on Zeal and DG sure everything was PvP, but as strong said above, there was less trash talk, less ganking noobs, less harrasment about people not being 600/60 when you fought. Things like MA's (Temple anyone?) /duel and large active towns got things moving. Everyone had their niche. The builders could build if they had the fighters to protect them. People could PvP all they had to do was go raid a town (Ok, I admit town raiding was next to impossible, but still, there was PvP aplenty). PvPer's got their fun, while those who didn't/couldn't/were just plain not good at it, didn't always have to.
Now it seems if you step foot in PvP you better be ready for a party of 5 to come after you.
And when you die, you get trash talked into oblivion for sucking.
Have a party larger than theirs and win? You get trash talked for "Needing a party of 10 to kill us"

It's a toxic environment filled with Elitist mentalities, and people who refuse to change. They want what they want and refuse to see any other point of view.

Why do you PvP? For the fun?
Can't be, I've seen multiple people say they just want kills or they don't care about anything particular they just PvP because.
What enjoyment do you get from tormenting a new player? Players who are level 1 and don't understand the game yet.
You get Power Trips, a Sense of "lololol im so gud i rekt that guy so hard", and gratification of doing a remedial task that you think will somehow improve your life.

Not every player who PvP's is like that. But the ones who are refusing to change, refuse to understand why PvE is a good thing, those are the people who either need to learn to change or do what they keep telling the PvE players, Take a hike. Find a different server if you don't like where this one is going.

*Didn't notice the double post, my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.